Page 4 of 43 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Just curious as I haven't seen any updates about it lately, and most people tend to only have access to 359 items so that's what's used for discussion. I'm finishing the last of my 372 items, but I'm trying to determine the bis trinkets including 372 items. Obviously the options are: HoI (359/372), alch trink, mirror (359/372), DMC:V (359), and bell (359/372)
    As it is, I'm currently running 372 mirror and alch trinket. I do have a HoI (359), our bells (372) are now being de'd, and I have the ability to buy a DMC:V trinket if need be. So just wondering of those of you educated in the numbers behind these trinkets, what should i be replacing my alch trinket with end-tier? is DMC:V BiS, or only in terms of 359 items? Or will HoI 372 be second BiS behind mirror above DMC:V?

basically if someone could inform me options so i know whether to pick up DMC:V, or side with the bell over my alch trinket til i get HoI 372, or whatever, i'd appreciate it.
    (personally from what i've gathered its h:mirror > dmc:V > H:HoI > mirror > alch ~ HoI > bell, with h:bell maybe being above alch and normal HoI. but i havent run the numbers to see if h:bell, lacking int and being all crit, even touches the int trinkets.)

10+ Year Old Account
    BiS trinkets right now are absolutely Theralion's Mirror 372 and DMC:V. There isn't really any competition for that combination. Even 359 TM +DMC:V is going to beat most of the other 372 trinkets for that first spot.

DMC:V is BiS, it's better than TM. The proc is on a better duration/internal cooldown ratio than any other trinket, so the proc's value is significantly higher than its itemization suggests.

i figured as much, but before i spent the money on DMC:V, and since i have other 372 options available, i wanted to double check. Thanks endus

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    *Snip about Talent Section + EQ*

Have you ever played elemental? And could you please not refer fully to PvP? Making yet another thread with idea's towards how blizzard could improve the elemental tree. Elemental sucks in PvP and is currently in most guilds and situations according to SiM and forum updates slacking in PvE aswell... Got a few good idea's so please if you have the power push them forward.

best regards, Luciem/Zolz/Liem

---------- Post added 2011-03-22 at 03:55 AM ----------

fully to PvE* my bad
    Last edited by Radux; 2011-03-22 at 03:24 AM.

• Fire Elemental Totem IF you have Spellpower procs AND it can remain on the boss for 2 minutes
    • Elemental Mastery
    • Unleash Elements IF moving AND Flame Shock has <4s AND will be immediately cast
    • Fire Elemental Totem IF it can stay on the boss long enough to outdo Searing Totem
    • Searing Totem
    • Flame Shock IF its debuff is under 3 seconds OR isn't on the target
    • Lava Burst IF FS debuff is on the target
    • Earth Shock IF Lightning Shield is at 9 stacks
    • Earth Shock IF LS is at 7+ stacks AND FS debuff is longer than shock CD (5-6 seconds depending on talents)
    • Unleash Elements IF moving
    • Lightning Bolt
    how long does a fire elemental need to be up to outdo searing totem. wouldn't a very small amount, close to zero be an upgrade over searing totem? my estimate would look something like: searing totem shoots every X seconds for Y damage, fire elemental does Y` damage every X` seconds plus initial travel time to the mob (C)

so when (X`)(Y`)-C > (X)(Y) thats your time. i'd guess this is close to around 10-15 seconds, maybe a bit longer with the idea that you need to recast searing at some point.
    Ask yourself a question: 'How have I made the world a better place today?'.

If your answer isn't legitimate, or meaningful: TRY HARDER - YOU ARE FAILING AT RL!

You are the product of 200 million years of evolution. Act Like It!

Did we ever fully determine if Mastery's % chance simply doesn't show the remainder in the info (For example: 13.30 Mastery = 26% chance & 13.5 = 27% chance) or does it really need half points of Mastery to increase the proc chance. So, using the numbers above would 13.30 Mastery = 26.6% or 26%?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Pineapple View Post
    how long does a fire elemental need to be up to outdo searing totem. wouldn't a very small amount, close to zero be an upgrade over searing totem?
    Chances are, if you're thinking about this, there's a better time to use Fire Elemental to get more uptime for it. I'm actually going to edit that line slightly.

---------- Post added 2011-03-23 at 08:51 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by lokov View Post
    Did we ever fully determine if Mastery's % chance simply doesn't show the remainder in the info (For example: 13.30 Mastery = 26% chance & 13.5 = 27% chance) or does it really need half points of Mastery to increase the proc chance. So, using the numbers above would 13.30 Mastery = 26.6% or 26%?
    I suspect it's 26.6%, but given the low chance of firing, it takes a ridiculously large sample size to get numbers that let you see a .5% difference. This means nobody's actually bothered to do the testing, since it would involve something like tens of thousands of casts.

15+ Year Old Account
    I suspect it's 26.6%, but given the low chance of firing, it takes a ridiculously large sample size to get numbers that let you see a .5% difference. This means nobody's actually bothered to do the testing, since it would involve something like tens of thousands of casts.
    However it's very likely that it does, infact, go by .1s, ( Say 13.4 mastery is 26.5%. It would still show 26%).

The reason for this is the Enhance mastery goes by the same way(20-21%, instead of 20.5, 20.6, ect.) and it gets the bonus from additional mastery between the hard 1%s.

I have heard rumors that the Fire Elemental only benefits from Hit Rating, not our Spirit to Hit conversion. I will be checking my logs for the next week or two, with a full Spirit setup, and if I see misses, I will update this to reflect the implications. I want to be sure it hasn't been hotfixed since those reports were made (it definitely wasn't affecting FE at one point
    I'm interested to know if anyone found an answer for this one? I'm currently reforging my spirit to hit in some cases so that the FE doesn't miss.

Was trying to find out a decent way to reach EP or something similar, was thinking something on the lines of int = 1.0 , sp = 0.9 , spirit/hit = 0.8, haste = 0.55, mastery = 0.55 , crit =0.35.

Would those be a reasonable guess?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rulerdragon View Post
    Was trying to find out a decent way to reach EP or something similar, was thinking something on the lines of int = 1.0 , sp = 0.9 , spirit/hit = 0.8, haste = 0.55, mastery = 0.55 , crit =0.35.

Would those be a reasonable guess?
    Binkenstein over at totemspot has a set of BiS EP worked up. I'm not posting them here because EP are based on a certain set of stats; if your gear is different, your EP are different. If you just want rough numbers, you can use the stat priority I've got here or check Binkenstein's guide for his EP, if you want your actual EP, you can run some sims.

Well i know that the dps valor of each stat will change with the amount of each other stat already present, was mostly looking at it to compare pieces like trinkets without having to eyeball values
    Last edited by Rulerdragon; 2011-04-02 at 10:56 PM.

What race would be recomended for the "best" PvE DPS boost, Goblins, Trolls, or Orcs? Do mind I am running as Ele/Enhance to switch back and forth based on certain fights, but main priority will be Ele more or less.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gharld View Post
    What race would be recomended for the "best" PvE DPS boost, Goblins, Trolls, or Orcs? Do mind I am running as Ele/Enhance to switch back and forth based on certain fights, but main priority will be Ele more or less.
    If I recall correctly, it's Orc for Enhancement and Troll for Elemental. Goblin is more about convenience and amusement, but will work well with either.

Racials make a negligible difference any way, you're best to pick the one you like the looks of the most.

Troll is only superior (via haste) if you use Berserking on CD. If you delay it just a little bit, the passive Haste from Goblin will win out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Besides, they're both inferior to Dwarf. I may not have DPS racials, but I make up for it through epic beard.

You're forgetting Dwarf female. Their hair flails when they cast, which as we all know directly improves performance by ~20%.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Radux View Post
    You're forgetting Dwarf female. Their hair flails when they cast, which as we all know directly improves performance by ~20%.
    This is why my Warlock is a galdwarf.

But my Shaman? He's 60% man.

And 40% beard.

It's also where I keep my beer.

I see how it is. Firebrew. You hide your LvB's in your beer that's hidden in your beard... BRILLIANT!

It all makes sense: Big crits are directly proportionate to how much beer a dwarf drinks.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Radux View Post
    Sigged. Made me almost spew my water when I read it.