Page 19 of 43 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    so... thx for checking my profile! .... yeah im thinking i should be able to deal more dmg because of simcraft... sys i should be able to deal 33k dps...^^ an baloroc is like static fight for elemental shamans coz of casting while moving

---------- Post added 2011-10-30 at 09:15 PM ----------

so... thx for checking my profile! .... yeah im thinking i should be able to deal more dmg because of simcraft... sys i should be able to deal 33k dps...^^ an baloroc is like static fight for elemental shamans coz of casting while moving

idk if anyone asked, and I dont wanna sift through 18 pages of stuff..but:
    how do you(elemental shamans) keep track of lava surges.
    Im only level 66, so im still unsure of any gimmicks or rotations.
    does it get easier to notice lava surges?

Quote Originally Posted by Frostbites View Post
    idk if anyone asked, and I dont wanna sift through 18 pages of stuff..but:
    how do you(elemental shamans) keep track of lava surges.
    Im only level 66, so im still unsure of any gimmicks or rotations.
    does it get easier to notice lava surges?
    Well, I use Power Auras for nearly anything, but you could also use some other add-on.

Essentially, you need to track if LvB is off cooldown, and additionally, for lava-surges, you can track the lava surge-proc.
    http://www.wowhead.com/spell=77762
    Quote Originally Posted by Genganger View Post
    Often I just open the fridge instead of turning the lights on in the kitchen. I like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Pope View Post
    Well, I use Power Auras for nearly anything, but you could also use some other add-on.

Essentially, you need to track if LvB is off cooldown, and additionally, for lava-surges, you can track the lava surge-proc.
    http://www.wowhead.com/spell=77762
    I have omni CC to let me know how long until lava burst comes off CD. But the lava surge proc is so random, I dont wanna stare at my action bar for the whole fight.

Isn't surge proc demonstrated by standard Blizz auras?

Quote Originally Posted by Weerra View Post
    Isn't surge proc demonstrated by standard Blizz auras?
    Nope, I tought so, too, back in 4.1, but it is actually Totem Timers with the amazing power auras-like effect, even working properly with setbonus now, I still dont know how they did it, because I just cant find the lava surge proc in combatlog

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarevokcz View Post
    Nope, I tought so, too, back in 4.1, but it is actually Totem Timers with the amazing power auras-like effect, even working properly with setbonus now, I still dont know how they did it, because I just cant find the lava surge proc in combatlog
    Lava Surge!

That's how you track it properly, using that spell ID or "Lava Surge!", with that exclamation mark included.

My elemental auras package has a working tracker too; the totemtimers one works but using that spell ID and a "spell cast" tracker, you can get it working with powerauras or weakauras, too.

Deleted
    Simple Question: I have Heroic Necromantic Focus and NonHeroic Raggy Trinket and ofc Darkmoon Card. So whats the best Combo ? All the rocket science i read everywhere is confusing me

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ripslyme View Post
    Simple Question: I have Heroic Necromantic Focus and NonHeroic Raggy Trinket and ofc Darkmoon Card. So whats the best Combo ? All the rocket science i read everywhere is confusing me
    Same question here, and also which combination of those would be best for heroic ragnaros.
    Ex-Ensidia & Clarity-Twisting Nether member.

10+ Year Old Account
    Generally speaking, DMC:V = (H) VLPC > VLPC > (H) NF > NF

The positioning of DMC:V assumes you're timing it with the Fire Elemental properly, otherwise it's on par with regular NF.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Generally speaking, DMC:V = (H) VLPC > VLPC > (H) NF > NF

The positioning of DMC:V assumes you're timing it with the Fire Elemental properly, otherwise it's on par with regular NF.
    Means in T13, when we no longer have the permanant FE, (H) NF + VLPC be better combo than VLPC + DMC:V?

I have another question about lava surge.
    Do you think it is a dps increase to cancel the current spell you are casting (such as lightning bolt) and quickly cast lava burst?
    In this instance lava surge proc's right as you start casting lightning bolt, would it be beneficial to quickly hit esc and start casting lava burst?

Deleted
    Do you think it is a dps increase to cancel the current spell you are casting (such as lightning bolt) and quickly cast lava burst?
    In this instance lava surge proc's right as you start casting lightning bolt, would it be beneficial to quickly hit esc and start casting lava burst?
    No, finish your current cast.

No, never.
    When you start casting you trigger GCD which lasts most of the cast time. After it ends, so small portion remains that it's better finish it.

How do you guys manage elemental mastery?
    With the talent Feedback, I find it hard to line up procs/trinkets with elemental mastery.
    The only CD's I have are Berserking and Jeweled Serpent from JC.

Deleted
    How do you guys manage elemental mastery?
    With the talent Feedback, I find it hard to line up procs/trinkets with elemental mastery.
    The only CD's I have are Berserking and Jeweled Serpent from JC.
    You don't need to line up procs/trinkets with EM, it's independent from fire elemental and functions well enough on it's own, just use it on cooldown or save it for a burst heavy phase of a fight such as Ragnaros adds. Also, try to use it with LB if you have 4set T12.

Is it worth swapping jeweled serpent for necromantic focus (normal)?

inb4 what's your other trinket? - Its DMC:V which is BiS.

Is it worth swapping jeweled serpent for necromantic focus (normal)?

inb4 what's your other trinket? - Its DMC:V which is BiS.
    Probably not, assuming you always drop Fire Ele with Jeweled Serpent and DMC:V both up.

Deleted
    I have a question about 4.3...

After having been on the ptr and run the raids for some time I am quite disappointed with Ele dps on there.

I honestly don't know if its been recount that's just been acting up or whatever... I can't post any logs from the PTR as they just won't upload.. ( Trust me I've tried ><)

I'm generally on about 31-33k on hc baleroc ... But on the best comparison on the PTR on Ultraxion I've gone down as far as 24k ... I know you do lose a few seconds in the twilight realm but still - a gab of 9k seems excessive... I had flask and we had both a boomkin and a destro warlock so its not really an issue of buffs/debuffs .... I did align my fire elemental with prepot and power torrent ... I also did several tests with even using the FET glyph so i could get it up in the last minute... but for the best it seemed that glyph of LB / LvB / FS

Also on Hagara especially I am very disappointed in my performance... I took off CL glyph ( we stack our frost tombs on the boss and cleave em down ) and I used EM on the pull and it was upagain for the 100% extra damage taken phase... still didnt manage more than a lousy 27k...

I do know that some changes like for instances Flametongue starts out as a " nerf " but ends up a buff somewhere in tier 13... but after that - I really am lost about this matter ...

I cant post links but i am " Toxical " on al'akir EU ( eu.battle. net/wow/en/character/alakir/toxical/simple ).. this is the gear I'm using on the PTR except a few 397s and some gimps for gear i've gotten on live in the past week ... ( and I do have DMC:V - just not using it as much due to fire ele ... )

Thanks in advance

Please do not read this as "omg we're doomed" thread - i understand ptr is still PTR and even though it is on release builds things can change ... I am just wondering after having browsed kills on youtube - only to see alot eles actually being what I would define as suppar...

PS didn't know if this was the place to ask - but it seemed excessive to open a new thread about it ...

10+ Year Old Account
    Live Baleroc: Very short fight with high Bloodlust up-time percentage zero loss in active time due to mechanics.

PTR 4.3: Long fights with low Bloodlust up-time percentage. Post-set nerf. Post-FTW nerf. Pugs. Many mechanics involving stopped or slowed DPS.
    mhm? mhm.