Page 21 of 43 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenerena View Post
    I've noticed that FET glyph sims better than LvB at 5 mins, it's worse below that. This is with 4 piece T12.
    How much uptime FE is getting in that time? It may be that the breakpoint is that you aren't getting full duration out of your second FE.

Deleted
    Good thing to note about Fire Elemental, is on Madness, you can actually use him twice even without the glyph =D Once on first platform, then again on P2. Pretty fun =D

Deleted
    Btw, whats better, Tier 12 elemental 4 set or Tier 13 2 set, i have both but want to know which is better for dps on an average
    cheers

15+ Year Old Account
    It probably depends on the ilvls, but I'd say t13 2 piece is probably going to be better. The only way it'd be a question imo is if you were going from 391 heroic t12 to 384 LFR t13, in which case you'd probably have to sim it to know for sure. Just looking at the bonuses though the t13 one seems much better.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ilvl matters more than the set bonus, but the T13 set bonuses are hands-down better than the T12 currently are.

Quick question for the shaman savants out there: I picked up the tier 12 gloves and chest for elemental last week with JP (i dont raid). Today I won the T13 glove token in LFR (so they're ilvl 384). I'm assuming that its best to wait for 2 piece before breaking up the t12 2 piece. Is that correct? Thanks

EDIT: I just saw what was posted above. Thanks
    Last edited by blaqkmagick; 2011-12-06 at 11:05 PM.

Deleted
    Any tips on Trinket priority. Ive been looking around and even EJ isnt clear on it. I currently have DMC:V, Normal NF (all other casters in my guild got HC version or VPLC, I didn't have enough DKP so I never managed to get either cos they didn't drop enough QQQQQQQQ) and today with valor cap I will have access to the Haste Trinket from Valor.

I know I will be using Valor Trinket and DMC:V, but do I want to replace DMC:V with the other Valor trinket afterwards? I guess I would want to replace it with WotU from DS, but what about the shadow bolt AoE trinket? I am unclear what trinkets I want to be looking for. Baring in mind I am 8/8 starting HC modes tomorrow and I have the Legendary.

10+ Year Old Account
    First round of napkin math is suggesting WoU > CoC = ICM. VPLC (H) is roughly comparable to normal-mode ICM, VPLC normal is roughly equal to LFR versions, DMC:V is slightly below all of that. So basically, if you're raiding normal modes or heroic modes, all three DS trinkets are at worst sidegrades, if you've got a VPLC(H) already.

Deleted
    Thanks Endus. Where do Bottled Wishes and Reflection of the Light fit into that? And really CoC is that good? Do we know its ICD then?

First of all, if you're as confused as me after reading Endus' Post: ICM = Insignia of the Corrupted Mind ; CoC = Cunning of the Cruel ; WoU = Will of Unbinding

Where does http://www.wowhead.com/item=72898 rank? I guess it's worse then DMC:V ?
    Last edited by Pope; 2011-12-07 at 12:00 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Genganger View Post
    Often I just open the fridge instead of turning the lights on in the kitchen. I like that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pope View Post
    First of all, if you're as confused as me after reading Endus' Post: ICM = Insignia of the Corrupted Mind ; CoC = Cunning of the Cruel ; WoU = Will of Unbinding

Where does http://www.wowhead.com/item=72898 rank? I guess it's worse then DMC:V ?
    I would assume so, considering DMC:V was better than NF HC which has a higher ilevel than that. I am intrigued to see if I should save my next few weeks valor points for the spirit valor trinket as well, or if it is likely to be replaced by a superior trinket from DS (I understand WoU is far better than both, but I wouldn't mind if thats the only one - theres a lot of casters in my raid that will get it ahead of me due to DKP)

Wasn't the 4 piece bonus changed to 15 seconds?

Deleted
    I seem to have some problems with substaining my dps and it keeps falling behind all the other ones who seem to progress rather fast.

Ive been stuck at like 31k dps for 4-5 weeks and i cannot get past that "barrier"
    eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/ravencrest/Eowoe/simple

(im not allowed to link but here it is) Else im eowoe on ravencrest!

This is my gear and i feel like that i should be able to do more and when i do look at my rotation it is fine. I hope you guys would be able to give a small tip to what i can do to change it, since i want to progress myself as a player

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kesoe View Post
    I seem to have some problems with substaining my dps and it keeps falling behind all the other ones who seem to progress rather fast.

Ive been stuck at like 31k dps for 4-5 weeks and i cannot get past that "barrier"
    eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/ravencrest/Eowoe/simple

(im not allowed to link but here it is) Else im eowoe on ravencrest!

This is my gear and i feel like that i should be able to do more and when i do look at my rotation it is fine. I hope you guys would be able to give a small tip to what i can do to change it, since i want to progress myself as a player
    I ran a sim on you, you come out at 32.9k dps on a perfect fight. So 31k is not bad on say Morchok or Ultraxion. A quick note, you could reforge your belt to Mastery from crit. Also your gear atm is coming out at Mastery being better than Haste. I would recommend downloading simcraft and messing around a bit with the numbers on your reforges. You want Mastery and Haste to worth as close to the same as possible to maximise DPS.

I decided to run a few sims to figure out what stats would be best for me to help with valor purchases, and got the following-

10,000 Iterations
    Haste 1.6242
    Mastery 1.6534

I don't have 2piece T13 yet so I'm assuming that after I get it I will see a larger separation in stat weights?

Quote Originally Posted by Undefetter View Post
    I ran a sim on you, you come out at 32.9k dps on a perfect fight. So 31k is not bad on say Morchok or Ultraxion. A quick note, you could reforge your belt to Mastery from crit. Also your gear atm is coming out at Mastery being better than Haste. I would recommend downloading simcraft and messing around a bit with the numbers on your reforges. You want Mastery and Haste to worth as close to the same as possible to maximise DPS.
    Hey i was wondering if you could run a sim for my shaman? i'm at a hump in dps as well, i don't know if i'm doing something wrong or what. I use to play a rogue as my main and my guild had me switch to my shaman, any help would be much appreciated.
    My shaman is Defibulatør on Sargeras.

Deleted
    Thank you for your reply, which kind of sim craft do i have to download?

Btw - is the 4 set bonus from the current tier i have favorable compared to the new tier (since i got myself a new pair of gloves which the stats itself dominate my current gloves).

Yet again, thanks for your replies

Deleted
    Thanks for the simcrafting for me. What kind of program are you using since i have never done that before tho i am fit for fight to try that out!.

I have one last question which i hope you can answer on.
    Last night i recieved a t13 token gloves, the problems is now wether i can use the gloves now (the stats overdominate my t12 gloves) vs the 4 set bonus i gain.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kesoe View Post
    Thanks for the simcrafting for me. What kind of program are you using since i have never done that before tho i am fit for fight to try that out!.

I have one last question which i hope you can answer on.
    Last night i recieved a t13 token gloves, the problems is now wether i can use the gloves now (the stats overdominate my t12 gloves) vs the 4 set bonus i gain.
    http://simulationcraft.org/ my friend. Download simcraft from there. 4p bonus is a bigger upgrade that 378 to 397 I believe, especially for gloves because they have a smaller stat budget. Aim to get 2p bonus asap though its a big DPS bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by Eaglee View Post
    Hey i was wondering if you could run a sim for my shaman? i'm at a hump in dps as well, i don't know if i'm doing something wrong or what. I use to play a rogue as my main and my guild had me switch to my shaman, any help would be much appreciated.
    My shaman is Defibulatør on Sargeras.
    33840dps you came out at for me, on a perfect fight. Also a couple of tips I would have for your gear is pure intellect would be better in your legs in both slots and reforge out of spirit in some more places, because your 0.30% over the hit cap. If you use simulationcraft to get you stat weights for your gear, you can download an addon from curse called ReforgeLite. Put into it your stat weights from simcraft and tell it you want to be hit capped, and it will reforge your gear to be optimal and also as close to 17% as possible, often bang on or just 0.01% over.

This may seem like a silly question, but would it be safe to assume that I should replace FQ before DMC:V?