Page 38 of 43 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I have a newbie question. Why doesn't anyone use frost shock in the spell que. It seems that I have plenty of breathing room to use it and it tests out to be a dps gain for me. Is this because i'm very low gear level (343)?

10+ Year Old Account
    Frost Shock does less damage than Earth Shock. There's no reason to ever use it unless you need the snare effect.

Quote Originally Posted by mongoose6 View Post
    I have a newbie question. Why doesn't anyone use frost shock in the spell que. It seems that I have plenty of breathing room to use it and it tests out to be a dps gain for me. Is this because i'm very low gear level (343)?
    You never have breathing room as a caster. You should be constantly casting Lightning Bolt, with ES, LvB and FS weaved in.
    Quote Originally Posted by Genganger View Post
    Often I just open the fridge instead of turning the lights on in the kitchen. I like that.

Well I don't really mean breathing room as far as not casting anything, just seems that I have a wasted shock cooldown in the rotation. Ie. I cast FS, LvB, then start with the LB pew pewing and when the first shock CD is up I still have a great amount of time left on FS, I don't have 7 stacks of Lightening shield in order to fulminate, so would it be better to keep pew pewing the LB's in order to stack fulminate faster or can you toss in a Frost Shock during that period? Or do I just ES with less than 7 stacks of Lightening shield?

Well, and that's the point. We don't build our rotation around the shock cooldown.

In your scenario, yes, it's better to keep LBing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Genganger View Post
    Often I just open the fridge instead of turning the lights on in the kitchen. I like that.

Awesome! Thanks for the advice.

10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't want to post a new thread so I'm posting here.

I'm a resto shaman in my 25 man guild. Unfortunately, we're now moving to ten man heroics. My GM told me that I'm more than likely gonna be switching to ele because we don't have one in the guild (great for me because ele is my favorite dps spec and healing DS has been a joke for a while). Unfortunately, my only pieces of ele gear are my trinkets and I think boots, so I'm using resto set bonuses. 2 minute hero is really great and all, but I'm afraid I'm gonna have to re-gear my toon to ele while we're doing heroics since resto tier bonus for ele isn't "ideal" I think.

I'm wondering when I should break my resto bonus: when I get ele 2 piece or 4 piece? I do have two ele pieces, but one of them is RF so it's lower quality than the rest of my set. Would that be fine, or should I go for 4 piece first?

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ansen/advanced My armory if anyone is interested. Bottled Wishes was a mistake; I should've purchased the spirit one, I think.
    "No one wants to change, but no one wants to be left behind either" -Joshua, The World Ends With You

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cadilac View Post
    I didn't want to post a new thread so I'm posting here.

I'm a resto shaman in my 25 man guild. Unfortunately, we're now moving to ten man heroics. My GM told me that I'm more than likely gonna be switching to ele because we don't have one in the guild (great for me because ele is my favorite dps spec and healing DS has been a joke for a while). Unfortunately, my only pieces of ele gear are my trinkets and I think boots, so I'm using resto set bonuses. 2 minute hero is really great and all, but I'm afraid I'm gonna have to re-gear my toon to ele while we're doing heroics since resto tier bonus for ele isn't "ideal" I think.

I'm wondering when I should break my resto bonus: when I get ele 2 piece or 4 piece? I do have two ele pieces, but one of them is RF so it's lower quality than the rest of my set. Would that be fine, or should I go for 4 piece first?

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ansen/advanced My armory if anyone is interested. Bottled Wishes was a mistake; I should've purchased the spirit one, I think.
    If you've already got the 4-piece resto, that's probably good enough until you get the 4-piece Ele set. I wouldn't move to the 2-piece Elemental bonus with a reduction in ilvl, but the 2 and 4-piece combo will be worth that tradeoff.

Anyone have a good addon to track Lava Surge procs other than Power Auras? I use to use totem timers and it was spot on for LS procs but sometime in firelands it started to bug out and not register a lot of my procs. I am currently using Power Auras and there is a slight delay on the animation that will sometimes cause me to throw a LB when LVB is off cd.

totem timers aura works fine for me, it was bugging out in FL due to 4piece bonus, but they fixed it later, you sure you updated it since firelands?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolitar View Post
    Anyone have a good addon to track Lava Surge procs other than Power Auras? I use to use totem timers and it was spot on for LS procs but sometime in firelands it started to bug out and not register a lot of my procs. I am currently using Power Auras and there is a slight delay on the animation that will sometimes cause me to throw a LB when LVB is off cd.
    Power Auras works just fine if you're using the proper tracking tool (actually tracking the Lava Surge proc rather than the Lava Burst cooldown; using the latter as an "easy" shortcut is usually what causes the delay). Weakauras works fine as well. There's a few pre-built packages floating around the forums, all have working no-delay Lava Surge proc trackers.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarevokcz View Post
    totem timers aura works fine for me, it was bugging out in FL due to 4piece bonus, but they fixed it later, you sure you updated it since firelands?
    Well no I just gave up on it and started using Power Auras.I will check out the Lava Surge proc on power auras, I never realized I could do that since it doesn't give a buff for the proc.

If I play elemental shaman and I lose 29 int how many approximate dps I should lost?
    and
    +29 int is too much for any caster?

I have a question about Totemic Focus spec, I saw a few high parsing shamans with it and I was interested in trying it out

....Which heroic fights in DS is it best used on? And should you use Glyph of Fire elemental with it? If so, what glyph do you replace it with?

Just wondering, I am at 42% mastery, can i reach 50%?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aviators View Post
    Just wondering, I am at 42% mastery, can i reach 50%?
    we'd need an armory profile to know for sure. but you'd likely need to sacrifice some haste for it.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    Playing the beta and seems like the damage at lvl 87 is prety bad ass cant wait to see what we can do at lv 90

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarrokk View Post
    Playing the beta and seems like the damage at lvl 87 is prety bad ass cant wait to see what we can do at lv 90
    Bear in mind that as you level, scaling changes; if it's anything like the WotLK and Cata launches, you will see a loss of DPS as you level in Cata gear, since it takes more of rating of a stat to get the same bonus (so without upgrades, your stats decay as you level).

Though overall, the 85-86 run had Elemental feeling pretty darn strong. I was almost always able to kill a target before it reached melee, and was fairly often able to basically kill the enemy in a single GCD, between Mastery and EotE procs and Fulmination.

Quote Originally Posted by nzall View Post
    we'd need an armory profile to know for sure. but you'd likely need to sacrifice some haste for it.
    Right now i have (44%) 2514 mastery, 2766 haste with 1755 hit and i do not have the heroic bracers, the heroic spine belt, heroic head piece and that Riven ring. Id imagine i can get to about 47% to 48% mastery with just those pieces.

What trinket is better for Elemental? Cunning or Insignia?

Also is it better to have a H Lightning Rod or Main hand + Shield?