Page 1 of 2
LastLast

[Movie] I am number 4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BbrTuyDqtsk

Trailer looks sick enough...Though i'll most probably watch the movie just for Dianna Agron

I like Timothy Olyphant, but the movie seems kind of... bland. Nothing really interesting about it or the trailer.

And about the trailer, whose idea would it have been to put that plot spoiler in there at the end? Definitely seemed like something that should have been left out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Massive spoiler in the trailer! Seriously, what the hell?

I was somewhat interested until I saw Michael Bay's name... Trailer looks nice (especially the Men in Black), but, since Michael Bay has something to do with the movie, I am pretty certain I now know everything I need to know.

Read the plot summary of the book on Wikipedia, and I guess it isn't a spoiler. Probably isn't a good sign that it's difficult to discern the difference between two, supposedly very different, characters.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ah, so those were two separate characters. I find it great that they are so indistinguishable from each other, at least in the trailer.
    I've also read the story summary and now I'm even less interested in the movie.

10+ Year Old Account
    too be honest this film looks more like number 2 than number 4. Saw a trailer the other day and was totally unimpressed, maybe if some people I trust come back, say they've seen it and its okay I'll consider renting it when it comes out on DVD, but nothing short of someone giving me the ticket for free could convince me to go and see that film
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

15+ Year Old Account
    Yea it looks very very bland, but the last time I've been to the movies was when I saw Tron on Imax. Waiting for something good to come out to go again. January sucks for movies So I'll probably end up seeing it for that reason, bored and nothing to do.

10+ Year Old Account
    go see True Grit, not seen it yet (going this Wednesday <3Orange Wednesday) but I know alot of people who have and they ALL say it's outstanding :P
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Really didn't think that much of True Grit .. it felt bland and washy.
    I can't really describe why I didn't like it much, the visuals are effective, the pace decent.. it just felt flat :/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Andunae View Post
    Really didn't think that much of True Grit .. it felt bland and washy.
    I can't really describe why I didn't like it much, the visuals are effective, the pace decent.. it just felt flat :/
    What I liked about True Grit is that it did a suberb job immersing me into the story. The actors were very original and the plot was very realistic, none of that I can kill 10 bad guys in 3 seconds with 1, 6-chamber revolver bullshit.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

10+ Year Old Account
    I've seen a few commercials and I don't think it's something I'd see. Visuals are nice, but that's to be expected from Michael Bay. He doesn't get points for explosions anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sinofasin View Post
    ...Though I'll most probably watch the movie just for Dianna Agron
    The trailer looks horrible. The story seems hackneyed. The male lead seems lukewarm at best....

But I have to agree with the above.

Quote Originally Posted by Sengura View Post
    What I liked about True Grit is that it did a suberb job immersing me into the story. The actors were very original and the plot was very realistic, none of that I can kill 10 bad guys in 3 seconds with 1, 6-chamber revolver bullshit.
    Yup fair enough on that comment, it's realism is one of it's strong points, but there was just something about it that didn't sit well with me. Maybe the casting.. I did find the girl playing Mattie Ross incredibly annoying, not in the pushy, bull-headed way of her character.. but her facial expressions.

>.<

For a child actor, I think she did a great job. Usually kids cant act for shit. Just look at the kid who ruined Star Wars in episode 1.

15+ Year Old Account
    Like stated above.. I saw Mr. Bay's name there.. I then figured out why I couldn't make out anything but flashing lights, fire, blue fire, gale force winds etc in the trailer..

Quote Originally Posted by Andunae View Post
    Yup fair enough on that comment, it's realism is one of it's strong points, but there was just something about it that didn't sit well with me. Maybe the casting.. I did find the girl playing Mattie Ross incredibly annoying, not in the pushy, bull-headed way of her character.. but her facial expressions.
    Realism? Seriously? Do you not get Coen Bros. movies or are you really that naive?

Quote Originally Posted by ddk View Post
    Realism? Seriously? Do you not get Coen Bros. movies or are you really that naive?
    Yes. Realism. The setting, the pace the visual timbre. Not the script and nuances of the film itself. Or are you so blinkered you cannot watch and view a film?
    Throwing insults is fun, right?

10+ Year Old Account
    I am looking foward to "Sanctum".
    "True Grit" looks MEH BORING.
    "Kung Fu Panda II" - Must see :P Looking foward to that one too.

The fourth "Pirates of the Carribean" looks MEH too. Didn't like the 3rd either.
    "Avatar II". CAN'T WAIT FOR THAT!!!

Looks really bad. These sci-fi and fantasy creatures have really got to stop pretending to be high schoolers already.

Read the book, terribly written. Liked the premise, but the writing was rudimentary.