Questing as Subtlety? Teach me.

I've heard alot on how Subtlety can be sooo fun, because of ShS.

Wouldn't there be downtime because of ShS being on a 24 second cooldown? If your target dies within seconds after ShSing to them, would I have to be running to the next mob ... and then doing what?

I'm considering leveling a Rogue as Subtlety.

premed ambush hemo evisc dead

I can only speak as someone who is doing it right now but only level 26.

Things die after the first ambush, if it doesn't crit then an eviscerate will finish them off. Yes ShS is on a 24 sec cooldown but I can kill 2 - 3 mobs (if they're close) in that time, that's how quick it is.

Mob 1: Stealth > ShS > Ambush (dead 90% of the time) > SS or Evisc (dead)
    Mob 2: Stealth > Ambush (dead 80% of the time) > SS > Evisc
    Mob 3: Stealth > Ambush (dead 80% of the time) > SS > Evisc
    Repeat.

Quote Originally Posted by Schmittay View Post
    I can only speak as someone who is doing it right now but only level 26.

Things die after the first ambush, if it doesn't crit then an eviscerate will finish them off. Yes ShS is on a 24 sec cooldown but I can kill 2 - 3 mobs (if they're close) in that time, that's how quick it is.

Mob 1: Stealth > ShS > Ambush (dead 90% of the time) > SS or Evisc (dead)
    Mob 2: Stealth > Ambush (dead 80% of the time) > SS > Evisc
    Mob 3: Stealth > Ambush (dead 80% of the time) > SS > Evisc
    Repeat.
    Oh I see now, when Hemo is available it replaces Sinister Strike am I right?

you stealth, you sneak behind it, and you do it from behind in a series of mega stabs super stabs and the occasional stun lock =)

What poisons do I use? I have 2 BoA Daggers.

Yes, Hemo replaces SS.

At the rate things die the only viable poison I'd say is instant / instant (for questing).

If you do BG I have no idea, maybe wounding / crippling?

10+ Year Old Account
    Premed, Sstep, Ambush, Hemo, Gouge, Bstab. It's easier now since Gouge doesn't break on your bleeds.

Keep Recup rolling and get Deadly Momentum Talent.

i wouldnt recommend questing as subtl unless you like stealthing up to every mob
    Isnt 10% of infinite still infinite?

Quote Originally Posted by ambigiouslynamed View Post
    i wouldnt recommend questing as subtl unless you like stealthing up to every mob
    For me questing is about fun, I love being stealthy and deadly (one hit KO). Seems to drag along running up to mobs smashing 1, 1, 1, 1, ,1 , 1, 1, 1
    up to 85.

I'm also willing to bet sub is much closer to combat / mut speed than some might think.

I'm actually getting quite bored of Subtlety already, and prefer Assassination, somehow I find and feel that it's much more hastey.
    Level 33 atm.

My Rogue has leveled as Sub since level 10 and it's worked wonderfully (now 63). Most things die within a couple seconds. Premeditation, Shadow Step, Ambush, and Eviscerate if the thing isn't already dead. If Ambush killed it, I'll pop Recuperate.

When Premeditation and Shadow Step are on cooldown, things still die very quickly. I just stealth up behind them and Ambush, then a Hemorrhage or two and then Eviscerate and they're dead.

You really don't notice the need to stealth all the time. With the talents, it's on a four (I believe) second cooldown so it's typically off cooldown by the time you finish killing things thanks to the GCD. Plus, you don't move much slower than normal while stealthed as Subtlety thanks to the talents. I've found Subtlety much more fun to quest as than Combat or Assassination, and every bit as efficient.

Deleted
    It's just FUN!

I mean after being a warrior for 5 years, it's just great to be able to move around all stealthy-like and one / twoshot stuff

...and at the same time be able to escape any ganking attempts, while afterwards being able to turn the tables on your would be gankers, stalking them around and globaling them with amb/hemo/evis

been doing this for almost 2 hours yestarday in STV - was prolly most fun I've had in WoW for 2 years...

Quote Originally Posted by Q t View Post
    I'm actually getting quite bored of Subtlety already, and prefer Assassination, somehow I find and feel that it's much more hastey.
    Level 33 atm.
    NEVERMIND! I take this back, Subtlety is actually much more fun and I feel it is even more viable than Assassination now!

Combat is quicker.

More armour plus Blade Flurry means pulling two mobs at a time and only needing a food break every few mins, instead of every mob.

Respec, unless you are levelling in bgs, in which case stay subtlety.

Quote Originally Posted by jtstormrage View Post
    Combat is quicker.

More armour plus Blade Flurry means pulling two mobs at a time and only needing a food break every few mins, instead of every mob.

I cant say from experience at low levels (leveled combat in vanilla) but I preferred mutilate for 80 - 85 deadly momentum is amazing I would imagine it would be the same for low levels once you get Recup and SnD up just go on a killing spree from mob to mob kill it quick move on and you never need any downtime for health add in 2 BoA trinkets and your a steamroller. I can say from a friend I told to go mutilate that when she went from combat to mutilate she did level faster, she said in comparison in the time it took her to kill 4 mobs and eat twice she had killed 6 mobs as mutilate and was full health if not above 95%. But still you should go with what you enjoy.
    Rogues don't have loyalties, they have contracts and their blades are purchased in gold.

I was doing decently with Subtlety (not to mention to run or reverse ganking attempts on me) before 50s. When I hit around that level though, I switch to mutilate and felt more interesting to kill things now. Wasn't as swift as Subtlety, but I do like slowing the competition and working on my priority from the abilities.
    My General Gaming Blog *Latest Updated: 9/25/14*

i used deadly momentum from 80-85 as sub and its not necessary to have at all. you generally finish off most npcs with 5 cps left and hardly any dmg taken so just use the extra points to heal you after. That being said having recuperate up all the time in Sub does amazing dmg with Energetic Recovery.
    Night Elf till I die
    Everything else is second best

Quote Originally Posted by jtstormrage View Post
    Combat is quicker.

I dislike Combat leveling, alot.