Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Darangen View Post
    Yeah, and it only took them about 6 months to do so. Awesome customer service!
    what do you mean, 6 months? It was 5 days.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Throrion View Post
    Boubouille, the guy goes on to elaborate;

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    The number of affected accounts was not in the hundreds of thousands. It probably wasn't even in the thousands. It is much closer to a few hundred, if that much. All percentages and numbers applied are referring to North America, only, not our global user base. That doesn't make it 'less important'; it just makes the impact footprint smaller.
    So his lengthy report only refers to a very niche audience in the US. They still claim that there's nothing wrong in Europe and the rest of the world. Might want to clarify that.
    All that means is that they rolled out the changes in the US first, and then they saw problems for a very niche users in the U.S., so they reverted the changes for the entire U.S.

His lengthy report refers to changes that will soon be worldwide and affect everyone.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

Quote Originally Posted by FishHead View Post
    Boy, they really like to toot their own horn.

Here I am, 6 months later and Blizzard still hasn't fixed my 5000ms+ latency. I wish I could spit on this blue through my monitor.
    So you, personally, in all the world, have 5000 Latency and you somehow think this is Blizzard's issue to fix? Millions of people connect fine, you have a problem, and you think it's Blizzard's fault? That makes perfect sense. It must be their anti-FishHead filter. Just get them to turn it off.

Quote Originally Posted by jlrm365 View Post
    "Yes, we really did roll back that change for something that negatively affected less than 1% of total users. We really do care about providing the best environment we can."

Am I the only person who recognises the contradiction, there? F*** the 1%!

The sooner those "per client" tweaks can be patched in, the better.
    Yes they really reverted a change that shaved a 100 or 200ms of latency off people who already had a really good connection to prevent it from seriously impacting 1% of the population whose connections went to complete shit. That's good business and fair to customers. It's a shame, and I hope they can fix it so I can get those 100ms shaved off again, but I don't want to sacrifice someone else's ability to play at all so I can have an almost unnoticeablely better connection.

Quote Originally Posted by Katana Angel View Post
    I don't get this. They changed the requirements of the bandwidth in an attempt to improve on latency, which actually caused folks to have increased latency. This Brian guy is suggesting that's because their systems/internet couldn't handle it.
    And that's exactly what happened. Networking is complicated, and as Brian points out his explanation is necessarily complicated as well. The change they made reduced latency at the expense of burst high bandwidth requirements. Much like we talk about damage being "spikey" in game, this caused the bandwidth requirements to become "spikey". That's harder on connections, just like "spikey" damage is harder on healers. Misconfigurations or supersaturation anywhere up or down your Internet stream can cause the "spikes" to get backed up. The problem could be anywhere from your ISP's backbone connection all the way down to your computer or router. The fact that you have a pretty good connection most of the time doesn't leave out the possibility that somewhere in either your setup or your ISP's setup something may not be dealing with spikes well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darangen View Post
    Yeah, and it only took them about 6 months to do so. Awesome customer service!
    ... I think you mean 'since last Wednesday'?

2 things about the network topics going down here.

1. GG Blizzard at putting your game data down packets that look like torrents on known torrent ports, then wonder why your traffic gets stomped to crap by them.

2. None of the Naggle, Ack crap matters if you code your game to use UDP. Why would anyone code a game in TCP. By the time TCP works out some lost packet guarenteed delivery algorithms that point in time of the game is long gone and the packet is now meaningless.

Based on an NMAP scan after patch they disable Naggle on the instance servers and that is what some people could not hang with as it will exploit weak connections by increasing your packet.

Damn, I want 111 fps, I can't seem to get higher than 60 no matter what my settings are. :'(
    My System
    Ivy Bridge 3570k OC 4.0
    ASRock Z77 Extreme4
    Saphire 290
    Mushkin Enhanced Blackline Frostbyte DDR3 1600 8GB

Deleted
    so in each if you "lag" it's your fault not our fault. Nice... pretty useless there are so much things to fix before that...who said classes balance?

Quote Originally Posted by cpy View Post
    So 99% of players have to suffer UP TO 10x higher latency for 1% of players with crappy connection, fair as hell! Because blizz didn't release fix. Great!
    In reality my guess would be that it fixes 10% or less connection, 80% stays same 10% got really fked up, that's REAL reason why they stopped it and are waiting for per client setting.
    Yeah, that sounds more like the truth of the matter to me, but then I have a hard time believing that I was one of the 1%.

Regardless, I'm glad they FINALLY at least admitted that the problems were caused by changes they made. Doh!

Quote Originally Posted by Ealyssa View Post
    No he says to TRY without firewall if you have latency. You know, to find the problem (firewall configuration in this case)...
    /facepalm

Please, just stop

Quote Originally Posted by theturn View Post
    Damn, I want 111 fps, I can't seem to get higher than 60 no matter what my settings are. :'(
    Tried to turn off V-sync? like in... its capping @ your refresh rate of 60 hz?

I got it turned off and got a solid 100+ fps, also, thanks blizz, i got 15ms ping now <3
    Originally Posted by Bashiok (Blue Tracker)
    Psshhh. Like I would actually bother reading a thread.

Quote Originally Posted by unkn0wnerr0r View Post
    /facepalm

Please, just stop
    Stop what ? Making sense ?

You really should try understanding how a firewall software works first before even saying a word in that thread. A firewall MAY queue up packets on your computer in order to analyze them, hence causing lag. Simple as this. If you're not able to understand this simple fact, there's no hope for you.
    Last edited by pixel; 2011-02-14 at 11:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Slavebot View Post
    You may want to look into Pingbetter.com its free(currently in beta) and if you sign up you get it for a free year. I've personally tried a lot of ping lowering programs being on the east coast playing on a west coast server and it's been the best/easiest to use.
    Most sane people lock their fps at 60 since the human eye can not perceive frame refreshes higher than that. Given that, most modern good sound cards can get 100-200 fps on WoW, which is a very old game by now. So this guy simple has the frame rate unlocked. No biggie. Its kinda like GS i guess.

Quote Originally Posted by gibbie99 View Post
    Most sane people lock their fps at 60 since the human eye can not perceive frame refreshes higher than that.
    This is not true, ask anyone who has a system that can do 60, 100, 200 fps. you CAN tell the difference. why and how you can tell the difference can be found here

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frame_r...ble_frame_rate

http://www.100fps.com/how_many_frame...humans_see.htm

Quote Originally Posted by pyrostorm9001 View Post
    This is not true, ask anyone who has a system that can do 60, 100, 200 fps. you CAN tell the difference. why and how you can tell the difference can be found here
    Of course the "minimum FPS" increases the faster the movements on the screen are, but WoW is not as much about rapid movements as a shooter game, thus requiring a lower value. 60 is a good one for WoW.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

in mi hose play whit 220 but server say 600 wtf XD and play good some delay in skill but play normal