Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Imp death on Nef since patch

Hi

Has anyone else noticed that since patch 4.0.6 that the imp seems to take a shed load more damage and actually die at the start of P2?! I've had to turn off Soul Link so it lives for P1 but even trying to drag it around on passive when getting up onto the podium thing for P2, it still dies within a few seconds. This never happened pre-patch (for me at least). Anyone else noticed this? :S

One of my friends who plays a warlock was having the same issue last night.. His pet died twice during phase 2, and his dps wasn't the best because he had to resummon it 3x..

Deleted
    I had these problems with my imp aswell... But since patch i dont have those problems anymore, i guess its because i jump differently than before. I put imp on passive, so when im at pillar he's next to me. When i need to jump, i make sure i jump far...landing on the middle of the pillar. I immediately let my imp attacking the add and i will put myself on the edge dps'ing Nef. Its hard to see the imp on the pillar due to many ppl/spell graphics etc, but when im not sure he made it i use "move to" button and place it in de middle of pillar.

Since i use this tact i dont have problems with the imp

Hmm but when I switch to Demo instead, my Succi has no problem staying alive even with glyphed SL active. Imp in destro spec seems to be kamikaze ever time since patch =/

15+ Year Old Account
    My succubus floats on the lava. It's so confusing.

R.I.P. YARG

My imp kept dying on phase 1, never mind p2. I'm having to put him on passive and delay BoD until I get into position (I have a macro that makes my pet attack when I cast BoD) because he died from Onyxia's shadowbreath thingy. Really though I should just remove the macro and make him attack whenever I switch targets, and make him follow when I move.

Not sure about p2, but having him on passive will be the only thing that works I guess. Does he still follow you onto the pillar even if I teleport up then jump down?

i am not able to use my teleport in nefarian, i have tried, as have the other locks, and it just comes up with a message "not able to use that here" or something akin to that... does anyone have any tips how i can make it work?

regarding imp, volqua doesn't like to move up on the pillar, so i end up throwing him a few health funnels just prior to coming off the pillar. tried using "move to" he doesn't like that, and follow makes him just stand in the lava at the bottom of the pillar, instead of standing in the lava over there. so try out health funnel, means obviously you're not casting for a bit, but it could help in the long run, either saving the soul burn for something useful, or stopping him needing to be hard casted out.

Deleted
    Mhm... I've had this Problem pre 4.0.6...

But for a couple of weeks I Use the "wtf, so there and do not stand with one feet burnin, brainlagger" Button. It works fine for me.
    Had to remove the "/cast firebolt" makros... but better than dying ._. . Little good-for-nothing Nokmat

(If the imp dies in P1 it's usally Onys Aoe, simply take your imp with you when Ony is tanked where you jump down)

Ya imps takin too much damage through soul link and dying, i mean i was just doing xt in ulduar with a friend and the bombs were killin the lil guy,
    Maybe the imp needs to get a stamina buff off of our health, hes only like what 6-7k?

put him on passive at pull and click passive again when ur about to go into p2

he doesnt die but he disappears sometimes when we're pulling if hes on defensive

also u may need to take him off follow and put him on "move to" when ur on the pillar if he isnt right ontop of u... usually it isnt a problem but if u see hes taking dmg in p2 do that

Make sure you're assigned to the South pillar, put down a portal at the edge of the ledge where you buff above the south pillar. When Onyxia dies go beside the South pillar and teleport. Immediately drop down onto the pillar and lol at all the poor sobs trying to get on the platform. Your pet will appear beside you on the pillar having taken 25% (glyphed) damage from your fall damage.

@Gherkin, please fix your sig. Its 4/13 not 4/12!
    Last edited by Geomatician; 2011-02-14 at 11:52 PM.

Deleted
    My imp was in tha lava throughout the entire phase 2 and did not take any damage.
    He was on the spot in the middle where the portals dont work.
    Has anyone else had the same?

I used the flee option once up on the pillar and the imp stayed alive. Maybe try that? It's always worked for me whenever I've used the imp on that fight.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Geomatician View Post
    Make sure you're assigned to the South pillar, put down a portal at the edge of the ledge where you buff above the south pillar. When Onyxia dies go beside the South pillar and teleport. Immediately drop down onto the pillar and lol at all the poor sobs trying to get on the platform. Your pet will appear beside you on the pillar having taken 25% (glyphed) damage from your fall damage.
    You take a lot of fall damage this way. I took 35k (our other warlock took 56kish and died x__o I have no idea how though, even our tanks only take about 30k when we jump down to engage) vs the 10k damage I would take from magma. Once, I didn't even take any magma damage because of Netherward and Nether Protection.

Quote Originally Posted by Greyarea View Post
    I used the flee option once up on the pillar and the imp stayed alive. Maybe try that? It's always worked for me whenever I've used the imp on that fight.
    I've tried the various passive options and "move to" etc - but not Flee - I keep forgetting imp has that now ;p I'll try Flee next time, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by chiyeuk View Post
    You take a lot of fall damage this way. I took 35k (our other warlock took 56kish and died x__o I have no idea how though, even our tanks only take about 30k when we jump down to engage) vs the 10k damage I would take from magma. Once, I didn't even take any magma damage because of Netherward and Nether Protection.
    I have to say I didn't really notice how much health I lost, but are you actually falling, not jumping? Sounds like the other lock jumped...

Deleted
    As soon as i use "flee" my imp doesnt get back to me, but is just going wild and flies over entire room....which will eventually ends up dying...

The teleport thingy doesnt work for my either, only once i managed to teleport and got a debuff with extra dmg taken and killed myself due to falldmg on pillar... If im too late with teleport (lava starts to come), it just disappears...or atleast...i cant use teleport anymore.

Ye my Imp died aswell but now i run up the platform quickly with it on passive and then when i see it on the platform i press my immolate macro so it starts attacking and then i move into positions away from others. But it has happened it "teleports" to my side when i move into position and ends up in lava again ><

May simply have to just save a soulburn for it and accept the loss of potential DPS (Soulburn + insta summon is less of a DPS loss than a hard summon and an insta soulfire). I will admit though I didn't use the imp in the 4.0.6 patch, I didn't read/see that part oft he post when I did my original post, I was demo with the Succy (which stayed alive swimming in lava the entirity of phase 2...how? No idea, didn't think I was doing that much damage to offset the ticking damage but what ever )

Quote Originally Posted by chiyeuk View Post
    Explain to me how exactly the lock wasn't at full hp on transition? 25k variation between fall damage and lava damage is not alot of damage considering it means your pet doesn't die. Explaining this to your healers or healers on your pillar and they will certainly understand it. If you are dying from fall damage either you dont stand with the raid for the last lightning machine before killing Ony or your healer's are failing.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenerena View Post
    I have to say I didn't really notice how much health I lost, but are you actually falling, not jumping? Sounds like the other lock jumped...
    Even if they do take 56k damage from dropping down due to jumping that doesn't matter, my hp buffed is just over 130k. That's 74k for me personally to have when I hit the pillar (if I took that much damage). Not having 100% hp when you transition makes no sense to me, something has to have gone wrong for the lock to die.
    Last edited by Geomatician; 2011-02-15 at 01:19 PM.