Buying a new computer

Hey guys,
    I am going to buy a computer very soon but people are telling me to wait for the new Sandy Bridge to come out. So my question is: is AMD phenom II x4 955 good enough or should I really wait for the new Sandy Bridges.
    Last edited by Twix; 2011-02-14 at 11:06 PM.

The Phenom II X4 955 is more then good enough for WoW and pretty much anything else you're going to do on it. If you can afford the extra money on a SandyBridge and its related motherboards (they tend to cost a little more) then I would do so.

Quote Originally Posted by Twix View Post
    Hey guys,
    I am going to buy a computer very soon but people are telling me to wait for the new Sandy Bridge to come out. So my question is: is AMD phenom II x4 955 good enough or should I really wait for the new Sandy Bridges.
    If you're doing lots of raiding, i5-2500K will give around 30-50% more speed than x4 955 with $100 higher pricetag. It's pretty big difference and definitely worth the wait. Especially if you want to do high quality video capture, the gains will be closer to 50%.

On the other hand if 25-man raids or large scale pvp are not in your to-do list, you might just as well get x4 955 based system now. It's weaker, but not much weaker for generic gaming use.
    Last edited by vesseblah; 2011-02-14 at 11:29 PM.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Quote Originally Posted by vesseblah View Post
    If you're doing lots of raiding, i5-2500K will give around 30-50% more speed than x4 955 with $100 higher pricetag. It's pretty big difference and definitely worth the wait. Especially if you want to do high quality video capture, the gains will be closer to 50%.

On the other hand if 25-man raids or large scale pvp are not in your to-do list, you might just as well get x4 955 based system now. It's weaker, but not much weaker for generic gaming use.
    Are the new Sandy Bridges coming out this week or April because if it's April I cannot wait until then. I need a computer within the next 2-3 weeks.

EDIT: and yes, I plan on using it for raiding 25m a lot
    Last edited by Twix; 2011-02-14 at 11:44 PM.

No clue really. I'd say late March is more realistic than this week.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.