Destruction 30% haste question

if i was at 27.9% haste buffed, would it be worth regemming using 40+ haste gems instead of reckless ones losing a lot of intellect in the process

how much dps is their to gain from the 30% immolate tick

You never want to gem pure haste. Your priority will always be Hit>Int> then your other stats depending on your spec. The loss of I'm assuming the fairly large chunk of Int will result in a DPS loss even with that extra tick.

Quote Originally Posted by Entropic View Post
    You never want to gem pure haste. Your priority will always be Hit>Int> then your other stats depending on your spec. The loss of I'm assuming the fairly large chunk of Int will result in a DPS loss even with that extra tick.

Int > Hit gems, Hit > Everything reforge, it is normal raid with 15% hit now

Simcraft it. If a few pure haste gems will grant you the additional immolate tick, it might be worth it. Don't blindly follow what these people regurgitate without thinking. Use common sense.
    success comes in the form of technical solutions to problems, not appeals to our emotional side

Quote Originally Posted by varney3445 View Post
    if i was at 27.9% haste buffed, would it be worth regemming using 40+ haste gems instead of reckless ones losing a lot of intellect in the process

how much dps is their to gain from the 30% immolate tick
    2.1% is a lot of haste, that is like 300 rating, which you are probably taking directly from int and hit. Probably not worth it. If you were at like 100-150 haste short it would probably be worth it.

Well you also have to remember your conflagrate hits alot harder too.

also does anyone know what the haste number is for goblins?
    I'm sure its here somewhere but can't seem to find it.

If it was more like 150 haste or less, then it would be worth dropping hit rating from reforging and maybe worth regemming int/haste hybrid gems. Your best bet would be copy your char into a chardev.org profile, make various changes and import the profile into SimulationCraft and see what results you can get from a tool thats going to give you a much more accurate outcome than anyone on this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSlacky View Post
    Well you also have to remember your conflagrate hits alot harder too.

also does anyone know what the haste number is for goblins?
    I'm sure its here somewhere but can't seem to find it.
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ng-%284.0.6%29

30% haste for Goblins with Dark Intent and raid buffs: 2435 rating