Just my insight and how I Tank on my 80 pally

This is just my basic rotation and some other stuff on how I tank as a pally.

Important stuff for me when I tank

- Cool Downs / Trinkets
    - Addons
    - Buffs
    - Common Sense
    - Doing DPS
    - Oh and keeping Aggro is kinda important I guess
    - Key Bindings

My rotation as a pally is pretty simple and is augmented with a few addons that make my life easier
    if you are tanking and have no addons I do reccomend you get some.

My buffs - Seal of Insight (at level 80 I am always mana starved without this)
    - Righteous Fury (if you don't have this on why are you even tanking?)
    - Protection Aura (sometimes I may use Ret Aura if I feel like it =)
    Rotation -

Avengers Shield (as and opener) > Hammer of Righteous > Hammer of Righteous > Hammer of Righteous > Shield of Righteous (When you have 3 holy power)

that's basically it, also common sense is huge - obviously if theres only one mob don't wast AS to pull it use you're Judgement which should have a 30 yd range which you should spec into after level 70ish.

If there are a tonne of mobs I usually use Avenging Wrath and try do some serious DPS. You might also want to WoG (Word of Glory) every now and then

When there are a bunch of mobs which need to die use a few of you're Cool Downs (but use them wisely)

You're CD's include

Divine Protection - Inc. Dmg Reduction
    Ardent Defender - Inc. Dmg Reduction
    Divine Gaurdian - Inc. Dmg Reduction for Group (use this if there are alot of mobs and you're struggling with aggro)
    Divine Shield - I don't use this too often as I pride my self in the amount of damage I can do but it is a very good spell (Negates all inc. dmg but reduces your outgoing dmg by 50% )
    Avenging Wrath - Increases damage done by 20%, great CD use it well and use it often
    Trinket 1 - Always use you're trinkets esp. if they increase your Att. Power or something
    Trinket 2 -
    Guardian of Ancient Kings - Inc. Dmg Reduction

These CD's will increase you're survivability and you're healer will love you for it.

ADDONS! -

I love my addons, they make life so much easier

List of the essentials

Heal Bot (for monitoring health)
    Power Aura's Classic (for monitoring everything)
    Tidy Plates: Threat Plates (Godliest addon every)
    OmniCC (puts a number on your hotbar cooldowns)

See I don't bother too much with my party frames to monitor my parties and my health for that I use heal bot which is just awesome.
    I use Power Aura's Classic to monitor things I really need and Tidy Plates to tell me if im actually keeping aggro. My threat plates is set up so that If i have aggro and everthings all peaches and cream the enemy's name plate is green and small, but if I do not have aggro and things are not sweet then the Name plate is huge and red.
    Get some addons

Key Bindings

Among the most important thing for me is my key bindings!

See unlike most people I don't use 1234 for my main spells, this is how my key's are set up -

1 - WoG
    2 - Trinket
    3 - Divine Guardian
    4 - Ardent Defender
    5 - Guardian of Ancient Kings

<Alt> 1 - Trinket
    <Alt> 2 - Holy Wrath
    <Alt> 3 - Inquisition

X - Divine Shield
    C - Hammer ofv Wrath
    F - Divine Protection
    G - Lay on Hands (my Oh sh*t buttons)

V - Hammer of Justice
    R - Avenging Wrath
    Z - Hand of Reckoning

Q - Hammer of Righteous --- On any class (except healers) this is my main spammy move
    E - Avengers Shield --- And this is usually a ranged move or opening move that I use often
    ` - Judgement

And thats basically how I tank, feel free to post below how much of a noob I am or you're other disparaging remarks =)

Hope this helps somebody out there!

Wait.... What is the point of this thread?
    You want write a guide?
    You want us to comment on your playstyle?

Because... There are extensive guides on the subject already in this forum :\
    That and you are clearly clueless on several issues (not a bad thing, you're still leveling ).

This became invalid when you announced that you are not in fact level capped.
    Check out my expansion concept, World of Warcraft: Whispers of Madness
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Brittle Bones now has a 50% chance to turn the target into a purple-wearing supervillain.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Have fun with your pally mate =)
    As long as you enjoy it I guess it's ok.

Hope you're having fun!

Seal of Insight (at level 80 I am always mana starved without this)
    You probably are casting Consecrate without points into Hallowed Ground. That's about the only way to run out of mana.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Facerockker View Post
    This became invalid when you announced that you are not in fact level capped.
    Might be a troll I dunno, mentions hes got GANK (level 85 spell) bound.

Oh this is just my randomness
    No you're absoulutely right Guardian of Ancient Kings is an 85 spell and I only have it mentioned as I was playing on PTR earlier and had it bound =)
    And I don't bother with consecrate, huge mana drain and waste of talent points

The problem with threads like this, is new people might come in, only read the first post and then be misinformed.
    You for example mentioned you were running oom and then mention you do not use judgment in your rotation (which restores a TON of mana).

I don't want to discourage you to post, but maybe put some more time in thinking what you want to achieve with a thread. Right now the only purpose it serves is to misinform new players and possibly attract trolls.

10+ Year Old Account
    Welcome to the mmo champ community.

I sincerely suggest you get acquainted with class guides here or on Elitist Jerks before posting guides like these.

It will not only lessen the chance to get flamed but also increase your class knowledge (which is far from perfect obviously, nothing bad, we all have to start learning somewhere).

Also 2 more points:
    1. people tend to care really much less about content below level cap unless you describe specific situations, for example low level battlegrounds, dungeons etc and how your advice can come in handy to those who are leveling.

2. it helps to explain what you are posting for. if you want to create a guide for low level guide for paladin tanking, say so; otherwise you're just inviting numerous people of varying politeness to flame you for making pointless posts.

Have fun with your paladin. It's honestly the best tank spec out there, no matter what others say :P
    - Looks like they took him to some bolt hole in the Wounded Coast.
    - I wonder if it's near the Injured Cliffs? Or the Limping Hills? Massive-Head-Trauma-Bay? No? Just me? *sigh* Forget I said anything.

Im just curious, are people using Seal of Insight for tanking now instead of Seal of Vengeance or whatever its called now.

not really familiar with pally tanking but isnt spamming conc like 50% of your rotation ? obviosly i am exaggerating the 50% but from what i understand its pretty crucial...

As much as I apreciate you writing this, it's got alot of mistakes and bad information in it :<
    "No. I am Ganner. This threshold is mine. I claim it for my own. Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass."
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...lvtwo/advanced

This guy was so proud he made an MMO champ account, he didn't know what to post so just typed the first thing that came to mind!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Seani View Post
    Im just curious, are people using Seal of Insight for tanking now instead of Seal of Vengeance or whatever its called now.
    You probably mean Seal of Truth - They can do if threat is not an issue, it's healing scales well with vengeance.

Oh also +/- points for troll thread.

---------- Post added 2011-06-01 at 01:53 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Almighty1 View Post
    not really familiar with pally tanking but isnt spamming conc like 50% of your rotation ? obviosly i am exaggerating the 50% but from what i understand its pretty crucial...
    Second lowest priority spell overall, but yes it is crucial...

Quote Originally Posted by bobty View Post
    You probably mean Seal of Truth - They can do if threat is not an issue, it's healing scales well with vengeance.

Oh also +/- points for troll thread.

---------- Post added 2011-06-01 at 01:53 AM ----------

Second lowest priority spell overall, but yes it is crucial...
    When would threat ever not be an issue.

i want my 45 seconds of my life back. NOW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Almighty1 View Post
    It wasn't 50% of our rotation even in Wrath.

On a dare or whim, you could easily tank even heroic LDW (probably the only encounter in 2+ years where threat mattered) without consecration.

In Cata, I wouldn't even bother casting it most of the time unless I'm tanking whelps on Halfus or adds on Maloriak.

Low damage, very high mana cost even if you invested 2 talent points into Hallowed Ground. Which I didn't personally.

Oh and also...

That sounded a little obnoxious. Didn't know if you meant it or not.
    - Looks like they took him to some bolt hole in the Wounded Coast.
    - I wonder if it's near the Injured Cliffs? Or the Limping Hills? Massive-Head-Trauma-Bay? No? Just me? *sigh* Forget I said anything.