Looking for a very old windows game

See if you can help me out with the title since Ive long forgotten it.

What I primarily remember from the game is that you traveled from planet to planet trying to figure something out. You could enter a black hole and you would end up in an entirely new solar system. When you would arrive at a planet you were usually greeted by a strange creature of some sort that would want something or have a piece of information.

I hope that's enough info for someone to know what game it is. Just rehashing on some old favorites (just replayed wizards and warriors three on my droid x... Love that game!) and I used to play this one a lot as a kid (and metal marines!).

Any help would be awesome, thanks!

Edit: for some reason Tina turner comes to mind but I don't know if that plays any part of my search at all. Just trying to add anything that comes to mind!

Mega Lo Mania maybe??

Deleted
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Control_II

edit: ah doh, its not windows game, its DOS game

edit2: maybe http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Control_3 is the one.. Im a big fun of SC2, and never played SC3 cuz after playing SC2 it rly feels messed up and wrong..
    Last edited by mmoc39b41cda48; 2011-02-15 at 09:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by munkholm View Post
    Mega Lo Mania maybe??
    Nope. That looks more like a Civilization game. This game reminds me of Myst, just less evolved.

Quote Originally Posted by teiksma View Post
    (a link that I can't post)

edit: ah doh, its not windows game, its DOS game

edit2: maybe (a link that I can't post) is the one.. Im a big fun of SC2, and never played SC3 cuz after playing SC2 it rly feels messed up and wrong..
    Now that you mention it, it very well could have been a DOS game. But it is neither of those =(

Deleted
    check out some abandonware sites, you might have to browse through all the titles, but they usually are listed by platform / genre and have a screenshot.

Deleted
    Are you 100% sure its not SC2 http://www.star-control.com/sc2/? Cant recall any other game where you travel stars, enter black holes which leads to solar systems, and which is as old as "it might be even DOS game". I have played like 99,99% of all games released back on beginning of 90's

Quote Originally Posted by pak52b View Post
    check out some abandonware sites, you might have to browse through all the titles, but they usually are listed by platform / genre and have a screenshot.
    I'll give it a shot, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by teiksma View Post
    Are you 100% sure its not SC2 (link I can't post) Cant recall any other game where you travel stars, enter black holes which leads to solar systems, and which is as old as "it might be even DOS game". I have played like 99,99% of all games released back on beginning of 90's
    Definitely not it =/

I can remember right in the beginning of the game one of the planets asks for a battery I think. Been so long I can hardly remember!