Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account

inconsiderate to coworkers to come to work sick?

I am at work right now and my manager just came into work and she is very sick. Coughing, sneezing, touching everything. Does anyone else see a problem with people doing this?

10+ Year Old Account
    i think its fine, she probably wants to infect other people, so she wont be the only one

10+ Year Old Account
    I have a small indian man who does this right next to me. So god dam annoying. Lucky I am young and fit and can fight the fever!

/dances.

Just don't touch anything, breathe any air, or look at anything for fear of infection. You should be fine.

You could always ask her if she's okay or if it would be best to go home. I have convinced my boss to do that before. Simply ignoring the situation is only hurting yourself.

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account
    I did hint at it but shes one of those people who claims she is feeling better despite it sounding like a death ward in the office.

Quote Originally Posted by vrsick View Post
    I did hint at it but shes one of those people who claims she is feeling better despite it sounding like a death ward in the office.
    No, she's one of those people who don't have a life besides work thus don't feel comfortable staying home sick. As an answer to your original question: I think it's idiotic to go to work in that condition. You can easily infect others. I sure as hell would stay home as long as it takes to feel better.

I am currently at work feeling under the weather. The fact is im not going to waste a sick day unless its really nessescary, blame the rules not the people

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hinaaja View Post
    No, she's one of those people who don't have a life besides work thus don't feel comfortable staying home sick. As an answer to your original question: I think it's idiotic to go to work in that condition. You can easily infect others. I sure as hell would stay home as long as it takes to feel better.
    You're jumping to that conclusion very quickly, I have plenty to do outside of work, but I hate takig days off sick, because everyone else I know is still at work, so i'm just going to be sitting around hoping someone happens to have a day off, a manager who takes pride in their job may also feel a sense or responsibility to be in for her staff.

On topic though, it's difficult to judge sometimes, she may not feel ill enough to lay around all day, but my company at least advise people to work from home if they have something that could spread, although not many places have that as an option.

Quote Originally Posted by Marksman79 View Post
    Just don't touch anything, breathe any air, or look at anything for fear of infection. You should be fine.
    Avoid inhaling, touching, or even sniffing the air.

Better yet, don't even look at it.

Even better, for the love of whatever god you believe in, DO. NOT. LISTEN. TO IT.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

10+ Year Old Account
    I dont think its ok. If its influenza, you just risk to end up with more sick people at work. If its something that's not contagious (no clue hwo I write that word), then it's fine, but otherwise I think that's a bad idea. If I got a cold and come to work, my boss will send me home, because he wants to avoid the others to catch the cold from me. She's probably trying to be nice, but in that case it's a bad idea. try to tell her that, no one will be angry if she takes a day or two off. But it will cause more damage to work, if she stays and other people catch her cold, too.

Many thanks to Mystyka for creating my signature!

I think it's inconsiderate. If you're sick, please stay home. Other people don't want what you have.

Also please cover your mouth when you cough. Especially on the bus.
    Please?

Quote Originally Posted by Tomhvk View Post
    I am currently at work feeling under the weather. The fact is im not going to waste a sick day unless its really nessescary, blame the rules not the people
    ^This.

Some people might not be able to afford staying home sick, thus going to work even though they terrible.

I would always go to work even sick, i want to get payed lol however if u go to work sick make sure ur responsible always keep ur hands clean don't sneeze on people or cough int here direction just be responsible and no one else will be sick. and for all those sick out there i hope you all get to feeling better

Quote Originally Posted by Thomalk View Post
    i think its fine, she probably wants to infect other people, so she wont be the only one
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schadenfreude

Life is wonderful

This has been a personal peeve of mine for some time, if you're sick stay at home.

You are certain to be less efficient at work and in danger of causing more lost hours by making everyone else sick.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes its quite annoying to say the least. Suggest them to have a day off, and if he doesn't want to, each time u go past him, spray him with anti bacterial spray. That should do the trick
    The truth may be out there, but the lies are inside your head.

My gf is currently at work and she is not feeling well. She didn't want to go to work, but the way her work deals with sick days and time off is crap. She fears of more serious repercussions if she stays home, where she wants to be, than go to work. As another person already said, blame the system... sometimes they put a fear into you that clouds your own judgment.

Deleted
    I am at work right now and my manager just came into work and she is very sick. Coughing, sneezing, touching everything. Does anyone else see a problem with people doing this?

If (she's_hot==yes)
    {
    ignore_sickness=true;
    report_to_superior=false;
    }else
    {
    ignore_sickness=false;
    report_to_superior=true;
    }

In some countries (like America) you can't actually take off the days you need, because you're not given sick days, or the amount you're given is insufficient.

Other developed nations actually care about their workers and their health, and realize that a day off for one sick employee translates in to less days off later for the sick employees that one person infected by coming in to work.