Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Fury - conservation of valor points and gold.

I have been creeping this forum for a while now. My questions have become too specific to gather my info from another's thread. My gearing options are limited, but still too numerous to narrow down without a little advice. My guild of irl friends has limited progression. We're probably going to down Magmaw, Toxiton, Maloriak, Chimaeron in 10m non-heroic this week. Slowing making progression. So, this would mean I have access to non-heroic HoR. That's good. Where I am concerned is my second trinket and my lack of valor point supply. Before we raid I will be at ~1140 valor points. I could purchase FoA easily and I feel this would be a good idea. But I am worried that I will not manage my cooldowns + procs + FoA correctly. This makes me feel that using all my points next week or so on LtS would be the better option. Since LtS is much easier to use and I have a general lack of confidence as a player. However, if I was to get FoA, I could save up for a tier piece. This would mean I wouldn't have to waste gold on some BoE epics that I have been tempted to purchase(such as corefire--even though they have haste). It just seems to me that for FoA to trump LtS you need to use it when HoR procs and during DW. I'm not allowed to post links yet, so I'm not going to list my armory. Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time.

10+ Year Old Account
    What your talking abut is a very reasonable thing to wonder about since you're refering to 3 trinkets that are very close in worth and which 2 are better probably depends on who your asking. The reality is all 3 are competent and you could make an argument for using any combination.

My gut reaction is your worrying over a minuscule amount of dps here which perhaps isn't necessary for the bosses your talking about. The theorycrafters have heart of rage and angerforge as BiS and your correct that this is through the use of chained procs and cooldowns. Although things don't always work out as ideally as that and if your unlucky HoR could proc at a bad moment like moving between targets or at a phase change. I'd personally perfer the control on the other two, especially angerforge for the numerous burn phases in this expansion but its personal preference.

FoA is fury best-in-slot right now. You could get an addon to track it, or macro it in with DW or CS. If you have the opportunity to get it, don't pass it up.
    Apocalypse, Juggernaut, Engine of War.
    Piercing your chest with pure hate.
    Twisting within the great heart of all things
    Exist only to obliterate.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthDonut View Post
    FoA is fury best-in-slot right now. You could get an addon to track it, or macro it in with DW or CS. If you have the opportunity to get it, don't pass it up.
    To the addon bit, you could always get Power Auras and whenever HoR procs it will have a very noticeable display on your screen so you know when to hit FoA. (If you have it setup as such)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Nop I haven't ... France always managed to win the wars ...

Edit: well, you know, kinda.

Power Aura strings for fury have been posted on this forum in other threads.

There are even the strings for tracking FoA

Why does everyone need addons for everything is it so hard to look in the top corner of your screen for a split second to see if I have five stacks yet

And yes get FoA and save valor for tier peaces. They are worth the wait
    Last edited by Zodiacss; 2011-02-15 at 02:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zodiacss View Post
    Why does everyone need addons for everything is it so hard to look in the top corner of your screen for a split second to see if I have five stacks yet

And yes get FoA and save valor for tier peaces. They are worth the wait
    Because some people focus more on what cooldowns they have available to them, as well as the mechanics of the fight that they're supposed to be watching out for. I always forget to track any of my proccing abilities so I use an addon that throws it in my face and makes it hard to miss.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm sorry but this content is not so difficult that you cannot simply look at the top right of your screen for 1 second to see how many stacks of something you have. If you can't spare 1 second, you're either really stupid or raiding some tier of content not available to the rest of us that's 100x harder than BWD.

Check out the directors cut of my project SCHISM, a festival winning short film
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiHNTS-vyHE

Quote Originally Posted by Master Guns View Post
    I'm sorry but this content is not so difficult that you cannot simply look at the top right of your screen for 1 second to see how many stacks of something you have. If you can't spare 1 second, you're either really stupid or raiding some tier of content not available to the rest of us that's 100x harder than BWD.
    Like I said, some people get focused on other things. I don't like to stare at my buffs bar to see what stacks I'm at and to wait for something exciting to happen. I always forget to check those things when I'm busy thinking about other things. Using an addon to throw something at your face, telling you that your buff is ready is an easy way to know that it's there instead of constantly checking it and waiting for the stacks to build up.

To call someone stupid for focusing other stuff and not paying attention to what buffs they have is just ignorant.
    Last edited by Alonewarrior; 2011-02-15 at 05:35 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alonewarrior View Post
    Like I said, some people get focused on other things. I don't like to stare at my buffs bar to see what stacks I'm at and to wait for something exciting to happen. I always forget to check those things when I'm busy thinking about other things. Using an addon to throw something at your face, telling you that your buff is ready is an easy way to know that it's there instead of constantly checking it and waiting for the stacks to build up.

To call someone stupid for focusing other stuff and not paying attention to what buffs they have is just ignorance.
    If you are focusing on something so intently that you cannot spare 1 second to look at a stack on your bars, then yes, you are stupid, because that's called tunneling.
    You a tunneler?
    Tell me, give me an example, on each fight in this tier of content, what do you have to be paying so much close attention to that you can't look for 1 second away?
    Now, I'm not saying that those addons that tell you stacks for things etc isn't helpful. Of coarse it's helpful. But it's definitely not required.
    Last edited by Master Guns; 2011-02-15 at 05:40 PM.

If you are focusing on something so intently that you cannot spare 1 second to look at a stack on your bars, then yes, you are stupid, because that's called tunneling.
    You a tunneler?
    No, I'm not. I focus on the fight and on my action bars so I know what to hit and when. Why should I sit, staring at my buffs, waiting for something to proc when I can just have something pop up in the middle of my screen so I can remain focused on what needs to be done? Depending on how your buff bar is set up, it may take a moment to look for and find what you're looking to find. I use x-perl and I wouldn't exactly consider it a quick 1 second to find a buff that I may be wanting.

Again, insulting someone because they have higher priorities than staring at a bar waiting for something to pop up is just plain ignorant.

15+ Year Old Account
    I heard looking for 1 second = staring at it.
    Please use some logic before you type. Also, you didn't give me the examples I requested. Although maybe I edited my post after you started to reply.

I heard looking for 1 second = staring at it.
    Please use some logic before you type.
    You said look 1 second. So here's my counter-argument. If you're waiting for the buff to stack for FoA so you can use it, and there is no indicator to let you know when it's at full stacks that means you'll be spending more than 1 second looking at it while waiting for it to come up. That means either focusing your attention on waiting for it, or breaking your vision multiple times to see if it's there yet, or the better alternative of using an addon to pop something up. As I previously stated, sometimes checking a buff requires finding it in a possible long list of buffs. I'd rather not waste time trying to find it when I can rely on a convenient tool to help me out.

If you want to go without an addon to wait for procs to occur, than you may. There's no one stopping you, but don't insult others for having a completely different OPINION on the matter.

15+ Year Old Account
    You keep leaving parts out of my post. Like when I said that addson that tell you when you have stacks of something are useful? Why you getting so mad bro? You seem mad.
    I never said OH MY GOD WHOEVER USES THAT STUFF IS SO LIEK STUPID, I said it's not required, and if you think it IS required, you're an idiot.
    Because...yeah? If you require addons to tell you things you are playing World of Warcraft wrong.
    Notice a difference between something being helpful and required. 2 very different words.
    Also, a good raider is aware. Aware of MORE THAN ONE THING. Not just tunneling your DPS, and not just tunneling a bosses abilities. Versatility is key. Knowing more than 1 thing that is going on, including your stacks, is key to being a good player.

This argument is moot. Addons are useful, though by no means required.

If you want to waste time sifting through buffs, you may. Addons like power auras just lets you know things easier.

You keep leaving parts out of my post. Like when I said that addson that tell you when you have stacks of something are useful? Why you getting so mad bro? You seem mad.
    I never said OH MY GOD WHOEVER USES THAT STUFF IS SO LIEK STUPID, I said it's not required, and if you think it IS required, you're an idiot.
    Because...yeah? If you require addons to tell you things you are playing World of Warcraft wrong.
    Notice a difference between something being helpful and required. 2 very different words.
    Also, a good raider is aware. Aware of MORE THAN ONE THING. Not just tunneling your DPS, and not just tunneling a bosses abilities. Versatility is key. Knowing more than 1 thing that is going on, including your stacks, is key to being a good player.
    You only changed your comment to state that the addon would be useful AFTER I made my comment. I never left out any portion of your post from when I had seen it. I don't check to see if someone decided to edit their post randomly.

Being aware of one's DPS, one's abilities, and the boss' mechanics is not tunneling. Tunneling is focusing so much on one thing at a time that everything else is completely ignored and overlooked. I also pay attention to my health, the raid's health, boss cooldown timers, and how the tank is doing. I am in no way a tunneler.

I never stated that addons were required. I was making the point that addons help people be better players. They help players become more aware of what's going on. They provide players with tools to make their job easier so they don't have to multitask other, less important things. That by no means is an example of a player who plays a game "wrong."

Quote Originally Posted by r3nd View Post
    This argument is moot. Addons are useful, though by no means required.

If you want to waste time sifting through buffs, you may. Addons like power auras just lets you know things easier.
    Agreed.

15+ Year Old Account
    You people clearly don't even grasp what I'm trying to say, because you have your trollvisors on and everything I say, regardless of truth, is just something for you to refute.

I have some questions.
    1)About Valor points i have 4270
    a)I was wondering should i get 2 pieces of TIER (no luck with BH drop) to get the bonus or maybe trinket License to Slay and something else ?
    b) Also thinking of getting the crafted chest Elementium Deathplate insted of tier one Earthen Battleplate because of stats, of corse when i have 3 pieces of TIER set i will get the chest also for 4 set bonus
    2) About Conquest points i have 4029 for PVE use
    a) Should i get Vicious Gladiator's Greatswordto replace Foe Reaper
    b) Should i get Vicious Gladiator's War Edge to replace Slashing Thorns
    Any ideas for upgrades are helpfull i also have some g to buy stuff
    This is my armory link Cataclismer

Quote Originally Posted by Greeklegend View Post
    I have some questions.
    1)About Valor points i have 4270
    a)I was wondering should i get 2 pieces of TIER (no luck with BH drop) to get the bonus or maybe trinket License to Slay and something else ?
    b) Also thinking of getting the crafted chest Elementium Deathplate insted of tier one Earthen Battleplate because of stats, of corse when i have 3 pieces of TIER set i will get the chest also for 4 set bonus
    2) About Conquest points i have 4029 for PVE use
    a) Should i get Vicious Gladiator's Greatswordto replace Foe Reaper
    b) Should i get Vicious Gladiator's War Edge to replace Slashing Thorns
    Any ideas for upgrades are helpfull i also have some g to buy stuff
    This is my armory link Cataclismer
    First off, I didn't realize you could go over 4,000 on either vendor point amount, but anyways:

1.a. Getting the trinket would depend on your current trinkets. If you don't have anything better and HoR isn't an option at this point, License to Slay is going to be a significant upgrade. If you have two decent trinkets already you could get the tier Gloves and Pants.
    1.b. I currently have the Elementium Deathplate and plan on upgrading that and my shoulders to the tier pieces when I have the available points, and this is probably the best solution to maximize the number of epic pieces you have until you can get the tier gear. The more epics you have, the more likely you'll be able to maximize your dps.

2.a. I did this and within a couple weeks had replaced it with the weapon off of Magmaw, but it is a nice weapon (even with resilience) until you can get a better PvE weapon.
    2.b. Same as 2.a.

You a tunneler?
    Tell me, give me an example, on each fight in this tier of content, what do you have to be paying so much close attention to that you can't look for 1 second away?
    Now, I'm not saying that those addons that tell you stacks for things etc isn't helpful. Of coarse it's helpful. But it's definitely not required.
    We're not saying it's required. OP mentioned he was having trouble tracking the stacks and we're trying to help. Don't get snippy.
    Apocalypse, Juggernaut, Engine of War.
    Piercing your chest with pure hate.
    Twisting within the great heart of all things
    Exist only to obliterate.