Page 1 of 3
LastLast

My idea on how they should fix Warrior mobility.

Here are my thoughts, yes Warriors have amazing mobility there high up there when it comes to it, Feral really is the only class that has better mobility then Warrior out of melee. That being said its clear they need a mobility nerf, but there nerfing Warriors the wrong way. They shouldnt make charge share CDs but instead simply increase the CD by 5 seconds to Charge and Intercept.

If you increase CD's of Charge and Intercept it'll allow less charging and it'll be easier on DR stuns, win win? Warriors get a bit of there DR issues out the way and slightly less mobility.

And just allow Intercept to daze the target instead of a stun and increase the stun of Charge by 0.5 second. This would work all around for PvE and PvP.

Thoughts?
    Last edited by ShamanWiz; 2011-02-05 at 08:06 PM.
    s5-2.4k s6-2.2k s7-2k s8-2.1k
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yybvdzSgUQ4 Haters man...

How about just remove the stun component on half of the charges and call it fixed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    I knew it would be useful to be french at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by xxAkirhaxx
    just get a mac. It's like sleeping with a fat chick to avoid STD's.

Quote Originally Posted by mercutiouk View Post
    How about just remove the stun component on half of the charges and call it fixed?
    Because then you gimp Prot. warriors with 'Warbringer' who use the extra stuns as a pre-threat CC move...

Because this is an Arms problem, I personally am not bothered by it... I could see why Blizzard doesn't like how Warrior's can instantly zip across the field and auto-interrupt an opponent that they are closing distance on... But idk how they could manage the application of the abilites without removing them or the talent altogether... of course, that's HARDLY a fix in this case...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ShamanWiz View Post
    Here are my thoughts, yes Warriors have amazing mobility there high up there when it comes to it, Feral really is the only class that has better mobility then Warrior out of melee. That being said its clear they need a mobility nerf, but there nerfing Warriors the wrong way. They shouldnt make charge share CDs but instead simply increase the CD by 5 seconds to Charge and Intercept.

If you increase CD's of Charge and Intercept it'll allow less charging and it'll be easier on DR stuns, win win? Warriors get a bit of there DR issues out the way and slightly less mobility.

Thoughts?
    No it's not clear. Not for me anyways. It was the same through all of WotLK and it's the same now with the exception of the addition of 'sometimes' heroic leap. It is arguably the most broken spell ever introduced into live content (that a player can use). Not only is it broken because it works less than half the time, it's broken because warriors didn't NEED more mobility when they introduced it.

Since I saw the cata preview for warriors and I saw that blizz was trying to bring this terrible spell back to life I knew it was going to be bad news. Not the spell it self necessarily, but the fact that it is going to get charge or intercept nerfed almost certainly.

If they truly want to 'fix' warriors mobility stone, burn, bury and delete heroic leap. I couldn't care less about 'how many new spells we have', quite frankly we didn't need more, however colossus smash is a welcome solution to the loss of armor penetration.

Just my 2c, and yes I am still choked about this potential change. I have all my fingers and toes crossed for it to be axed last minute but quite frankly I don't have that much faith in blizzard.

How about get rid of Heroic Leap? Which does absolutely NOTHING but a 40 yard jump?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Oswin View Post
    How about get rid of Heroic Leap? Which does absolutely NOTHING but a 40 yard jump?
    It does AoE damage to targets near where it lands too.

Because a 9k crit (on mobs, player with resilience will be even less) with a skill that works only 10% of the time is completely relevant.

10+ Year Old Account
    They should fix the heroic leap mehanic to allow you to jump everywhere because right now we are very limited with it. You cant even jump uphill.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Mobility's fine reduce damage
    /fix

Quote Originally Posted by Descense View Post
    They should fix the heroic leap mehanic to allow you to jump everywhere because right now we are very limited with it. You cant even jump uphill.
    Why don't they just make the pathing for heroic leap into an arch like a mortar? It makes more sense than almost never being able to use it.

10+ Year Old Account
    What would help is if charge just acted like Feral Charge. An interrupt and a snare into one. Then we'd only have 1 real stun and a gap closer that actually works. LOL JK, Blizz doesn't want homogenization, right?

The biggest problem with this mobility nerf is we won't even stand a chance going toe to toe with other melee classes. They have superior mobility and can simply walk away to relieve pressure. Bottom line every team is going to tunnel an arms warrior, there's no downside to it. Arms needs defensive utility ER/Wall doesn't cut it at all(2GCDs spent for each one). Sblock nerf made it so we can't grantee blocks on kidney shots and revenge spam nerf was one thing that relieved pressure off us when we were getting tunneled. On top of that no rage off getting hit anymore so we don't do damage back while we receive it.

Heroic Leap pathing needs to be fixed, especially in Blade's Edge Arena. And PH should be effected by Drums of War but not break stealth while Demo should not be effected by Drums but break stealth on a 5s cooldown. Basically they've made it simply impossible to catch rogues and made it so bad rogues that would be caught will always get the opener. Also Hamstring needs a buff 50% is outdated and garbage, got to love it whenever I'm on a target to root it I always get the message(A STRONGER SNARE IS ALREADY ACTIVE) and the hunter disengages away. Arms is clunky as hell, Imp Hamstring needs to be a seperate ability all together on a 30s cooldown, HS needs to be 60% snare and have a smaller GCD or be rolled into MS. Hunters/Rogues/Warrior should get their 25% MS back while every class loses it, seriously 7/10 classes in WoW with MS why the hell do spriests and mages even have it, kind of goes against their philosophy of 'WE DON'T LIKE HOMOGENIZATION'(alas, probably an excuse for Kalgan to get Gladiator on his mage for once).

Ping ponging between targets was our way of playing defensively and offensively, we relieved some pressure, while putting pressure on their team and in some cases it charge=>interecept was our only way to catch targets who jump our charge and slide down a slope 30ft away.

Why dont they just make it used like the goblin leap..

I LOVE heroic leap even though it sucks sometimes. I hope we never lose it and i especially hope we don't get mobility nerfs to prot.

heroic leap is just awful, its only good when im trying to catch the elevator in BWD, and fall damage on twilight council....but thats only pve uses, its a horrible pvp spell

10+ Year Old Account
    IMO take us back to the BC days (where we couldn't Charge in combat). Basically I'm saying just remove Juggernaut if it's that big of a deal that we can charge AND intercept. Also, Heroic Leap is the biggest joke of a skill in the entire game.

Hmm lets add a mobility ability to warrios in this expansion, hmm warriors mobility is too high lets nerf it.

/facepalm.

Just change heroic leap to a defensive cd, e.g increase parry chance by 20% for 12 seconds, 3 min cooldown.
    TBH classes have become too fat with skills and abilities they need to tone it down a bit like they did with talent trees.
    STFU and kill shit.

Of all the gap closers we got, and all the problems with them (jumping charges), heroic leap is the most bugged and useless of them all. I mean, when you jump to a location close to you enemy, u still have to wait almost a full global cooldown after you have landed. This means no hamtring or piering howl. Your enemy can also easily just run away while you are mid air, making you just as kited as you were before you used the spell

Atm I nearly alway use heroic leap as a defensive spell. Examples are; jumping out of smokebomb, rof and los of sighting. Change the spell name and call it coward's leap?

Anyways, I dont think that charge and intercept should share dr, or cooldown. We are a class based on mobility in order to deal damage, while other classes got more cc or dots. Other melee classes (exept retpaladins) also got better, autoapplied slowing abilities. How many times have you not been outran by a dk when you both are slowed?

Anyhow I think they should redesign the purpose or mechanic of heroic leap. I am no game designer, but just simply increase the cooldown of it? Heroic leap looks cool, but it doesnt work out in pvp situations.

Im finding it incredibly useful as a tank to reposition bosses quickly and get out of sticky situations.

Deleted
    Juggernaut:

Reduces cooldown on your Charge ability by 3 sec.
    Your charge is now usable in combat and will cancel any root effects and grant an immunity for them for 2 seconds.
    Increases the charge stun duration by 2 sec.
    Following a charge your next slam or mortal strike has a 25% increased chance to critically hit if used within 10 seconds
    Shares cooldown with intercept