10+ Year Old Account

Question Ret: Eye for an Eye

Firstly Hi.

I've been browsing MMO since I started in Wrath and Back then Eye for an Eye was considered a PVP Talent.
    Now into Cata the best specs say for 1 point in Eye for an Eye which is ok.

My question comes after a Baradin Hold run. Checking back through my recount I noticed that Eye for an Eye hit a Crit of 49959.

So with most attacks in raids coming from Magic would it be worth specing 2 / 2 in Eye for an Eye or just keep with 1 / 2?

I ask this as another talent is in Acts of Sacrifice which isn't going to be giving much in the way of DPS increase while an extra point in Eye for an Eye would.

Please share your thoughts on this.

Unfortunately due to low Post count i can't link Armoury

Zatski - Blade's Edge

Deleted
    Yes 2/2 EfaE is almost mandatory in a PvE build. It does a significant amount of damage on a lot of fights, so not taking it is definately hurting your damage output. In many of my parses I see EfaE do in excess of 4% damage alone, so skipping Acts of Sacrifice or even Repentance is your best bet.

all i know is that its limited to caster to [X] direct dmg spells(not excluding AoEs), not sure if it works with DOTs and shit(ground based dmg effects "fire").

10+ Year Old Account
    For whatever reason, I can't seem to find your character on the armory. Otherwise, I'd drop the link for you.

As for the talent, you can probably test it out one raid night, since you know it's not going to affect your DPS.
    Host of Talking Skritt, a GW2 podcast!

The difference between 1/2 Eye for an Eye and 2/2 is very minor - as is the talent point itself. Looking over my past raiding logs (I raid with 1 point in it) the talent makes up for anywhere between 0.1% and 2% (more typically ~1%) of your total dps on a boss - so very minor. People take at least 1 point in it because it is the 'biggest' dps gain in the tree and then you are left with 1 point total once you have all the 'necessary' dps gain talents.

Personally, I put my last point into Acts of Sacrifice because being able to cleanse myself to clear root/snares is nice if freedom is on CD - I've found this to be most helpful on twilight council when freedom is on CD to get out of the grounded buff quickly - otherwise I mostly like the talent for questing and world pvp - it's just a handy thing to have. Maybe once my guild starts doing heroic modes I might swap to 2/2 Eye for an Eye just to get the 'maximum' dps push, but I've grown used to having an extra button to clear snare/roots if freedom is on CD. It really all comes down to personal preference.
    Asrel - Shadow Priest <Last Attempt> US-Whisperwind
    Aretoo - Havoc DH <Last Attempt> US-Whisperwind

2/2 EfaE is mandatory for raiding ret spec and it's ~2% of your dps. Raiding ... not questing, BGing, world pvping or whatever else you like to do.

And no, AoS will not give you anywhere close to 1% of dps.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for the replies on this guys.

Will have a quick respec.

Thanks for the help.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    "And no, AoS will not give you anywhere close to 1% of dps."

Wrong, if you're clearing yourself of movement reduction abilities, you'll have more special attack uptime on your target. Twilight Ascendant Council, and Al'Akir are great examples. Dealing with the spiritual dwarves before Atramedes, allows you to also remove their Thunderclap ability just as well.
    My former UI

Tunguskä: So will people be able to by pass T11 raids by sticking to Heroics? Or shall they be forth which is what is it and not?
    Thaumatrope: Of course they shall. Don't tell me you actually thought they'd be forth which isn't what it is and not? Please.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gavenrod View Post

Wrong, if you're clearing yourself of movement reduction abilities, you'll have more special attack uptime on your target. Twilight Ascendant Council, and Al'Akir are great examples. Dealing with the spiritual dwarves before Atramedes, allows you to also remove their Thunderclap ability just as well.
    Whenever you are getting grounded on Council, freedom is always off cooldown.
    Alakir the same.

Trash? I don't think you would cheat yourself out of a 2% boss dps increase by selecting a talent to deal with completely unimportant trash debuffs

It's def worth it to have 2/2. Especially with the amazing new survival defensive we get with Sacred Shield there really are not any other good options (I might have been inclined to debate divinity before).

Quote Originally Posted by Gavenrod View Post

I'm doing fine with just Hand of Freedom, it's always here when you need it. And I'm ranked on Al'akir.

Deleted
    2/2 in Eye for an eye is an MUST it is shizzle much dps from it

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'd rather die on trash than drop E4E. D:

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've been checking out kill parses, and it only seems at most to do (for myself) .5% average damage for normal mode fights. Maybe it becomes more pertinent for heroics, but for normal kills, it's definitely not a mandatory talent.
    My former UI

Tunguskä: So will people be able to by pass T11 raids by sticking to Heroics? Or shall they be forth which is what is it and not?
    Thaumatrope: Of course they shall. Don't tell me you actually thought they'd be forth which isn't what it is and not? Please.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    A damage increase is a damage increase.

Its mandatory in the sense that there is nothing better. Its not as if the world will come crashing down around your ears and you'll plummet to below the tanks in DPS if you don't have it. But its a non-zero DPS increase - by the time you put points into it, there aren't any better options.

Omnitron HC is a perfect encounter for EfaE.

I got a flat out 2% of my overall damage done by it there.

Agree with aforementioned: A talent, even if it provides 5 DpS is better that using the points a filler points on useless talents.

AoS is pretty useless talent in the current tier of raiding, every time I need to remove snares I use hand of freedom. Also cooldown reductions aren't needed.
    You can try to fit me in a box, only to see me burst out of it.