15+ Year Old Account
    This side of an imaginary line in the sand

Newark Liberty Airport (EWR) halp!

I am going to Florida in a week, and I am going on Continental via EWR... which I have never been to, and will probably be the largest airport I have yet been to.

I'm wondering how confusing it is to navigate this airport, preferably on a scale of 1 to YYZ, where YYZ is the worst (Yes I hate Toronto-Pearson).

I'm pretty sure my flight from Halifax will dump me in terminal A, and flights out to MCO will be through B or C, I'm not sure.

Also, I am wondering if I might be able to get a 3G AT&T Sim card that will work on prepaid or pay as you go plans? I found out there is a wireless store there, but nothing I can find says they sell Sim cards. If not it's no big deal, I can get one in Orlando.

Edit: Thanks for halps!
    red panda red panda red panda!

Newark is by far the worst airport I have ever dealt with in my entire life in the United States.

15+ Year Old Account
    Oh wonderful. @_@

To be fair, it's really not THAT bad if you check out the map beforehand. It's just a pain in the ass layout. It has a terrible staff though.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm seeing from the map how bad the layout is...

Pretty sure I am going to have to get from Terminal A to C. Somehow. Is there a bus or train kinda thing between terminals like in MCO or IAD?

Quote Originally Posted by Asera View Post
    Pretty sure I am going to have to get from Terminal A to C. Somehow. Is there a bus or train kinda thing between terminals like in MCO or IAD?
    If it's anything like Sky Harbor International, nope. Best get your walking shoes ready. Well, they may have a bus. I haven't been there myself, just heard NWE is pretty terrible, sorta like Paris It'l(never again).
    Last edited by Badpaladin; 2011-02-15 at 05:51 PM.

I have a friend from Newark if I can get a hold of him, I'll try getting more info, but I do believe there is some type of tram between terminals, if you look at the map it says it's two minutes between terminals A-B with black arrow like lines, which indicate some sort of speed movement aka trams.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragnardarkan View Post
    I have a friend from Newark if I can get a hold of him, I'll try getting more info, but I do believe there is some type of tram between terminals, if you look at the map it says it's two minutes between terminals A-B with black arrow like lines, which indicate some sort of speed movement aka trams.
    Yeah, I think there is a skytram between the terminals. But they also have a ground shuttle between A&C, so I guess the tram gets overloaded often!

sorta like Paris It'l
    Worst airport I've been do was Montreal Trudeau during renovations. Coincidentally, I was there recently after they were finished, and it's probably one of the best airports I've been to at the same time!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asera View Post
    Yeah, I think there is a skytram between the terminals. But they also have a ground shuttle between A&C, so I guess the tram gets overloaded often!
    Driving to EWR is absolutely horrible. To answer your question, yes there is a tram. It doesn't get TOO crowded considering there is one going in either direction arriving every 3 minutes or so. The tram is usually pretty reliable when you need to hop terminals.

Overall, aside from parking, it's not THAT bad. The best advice I can give you is to read signs and look at maps frequently.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Durchfall View Post
    Driving to EWR is absolutely horrible. To answer your question, yes there is a tram. It doesn't get TOO crowded considering there is one going in either direction arriving every 3 minutes or so. The tram is usually pretty reliable when you need to hop terminals.

Overall, aside from parking, it's not THAT bad. The best advice I can give you is to read signs and look at maps frequently.
    Fortunately I won't be driving there, I'm going between terminals on a stopover.

The Airtrain that goes between the terminals should be fine from the looks of it. I just hope the terminals aren't too crowded! Not like they should be in late February though.

Quote Originally Posted by Badpaladin View Post
    If it's anything like Sky Harbor International, nope. Best get your walking shoes ready. Well, they may have a bus. I haven't been there myself, just heard NWE is pretty terrible, sorta like Paris It'l(never again).
    Oh plz, Sky Harbor is easy to navigate. Besides, everything is terminal specific and most stuff is in Terminal 4 anyhow which may as well be a damn mall.