Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Talking Apparently my Character has this boat's name.

I'm not sure whether this is the right thread for it, but I thought it would be fun to share this shenanigan.
    Alright, it's nothing real big but I was really, really suprised and even shocked when I saw this.

This is my Main: Gorrok. I have had him since problably early 2008. http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../gorrok/simple
    You can see where this is going. Yes, the sunken boat in Vashj'Ir. http://www.wowpedia.org/Gorrok's_Lament

I couln't believe what I saw when a friend told me there was this boat 'named after me'.
    I had to rush down there to see for myself and could still barely believe it!
    Only downfall.. I don't like snakes.. At all. But hey, you can't complain when Blizz named a boat after you, now can you?

Can't wait to see if there's anything similar like this that happened to you, your friends or anyone around you!

I have a tempature measurement scale named after my main.

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrenheit View Post
    Lol ^

There are tons of people named after my main....

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrenheit View Post
    Unless you've had your character since 1724.... no.

In bc my B elf Paladin was named Valiance, to my suprise the alliance had named a whole expedition after me in wotlk :O
    “It is not sufficient that I suceed - all others must fail.” - Genghis Khan
    Quote Originally Posted by Paf View Post
    Judging by the amount of Earth Shocks cast (27), you seem to be using it too often. It is 100% the end of your priority. You perform every action you possibly can before resorting to Earth Shock. This includes hurling your boots at the enemy and writing insulting limericks to make it feel bad.

Back when my main was a Draenei, I found that statue in the middle of Zangarmarsh, the Draenei statue poaring water with the two children. It scared me a little cause my Draenei looked EXACTLY like it.

But nah, don't think I've ever had anything named after my characters... Apart from all the Vermillion NPCs in Twilight Highlands, I used to have a Forsaken DK called Vermillion.

I have a mate with the online name Cerith, and then they made a staff with his name that drops in ToT! XD He was like "wtf!?" when it dropped! XD
    "Knowledge talks, Wisdom listens."

RIFT: Shard= Whitefall EU, Character= Lathiel, Class= Mage

I think it's a coincidence. Gorrok is a pretty standard Orc name. Gorrok's Lament means a of grief towards "Gorrok" who might have been a fallen Orc, or at very least the Captain of the ship. Your not a fallen hero or a ship captain. Like I said I think it's a coincidence.
    Last edited by Zorgen; 2011-02-16 at 07:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorgen View Post
    I'm not trying to take anything away from you but what reason would Blizzard have for naming a boat after you?
    I'm pretty sure he's just kidding, you know. He's just being sarcastic like I was when I said a whole bunch of dragon NPCs were named after my character which, er, just so happens to be the name of a colour, so I'm not being stupid.

A friend of Mine had a male Draenei paladin named Maraad, months before WotLK came out, we lol'ed when we found out the Vindicator Maraad npc on the alliance warship in Icecrown.
    Last edited by Crow_eyeS; 2011-02-17 at 12:26 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    People playing games for fun, the BASTARDS!

Quote Originally Posted by Zorgen View Post
    I think it's a coincidence. Gorrok is a pretty standard Orc name. Gorrok's Lament means a of grief towards "Gorrok" who might have been a fallen Orc, or at very least the Captain of the ship. Your not a fallen hero or a ship captain. Like I said I think it's a coincidence.
    I'm well aware of this, and like Chaoyll said I don't actually believe Blizzard named it after me, It's just something that I'm happy with for the coincidental reason, obviously.

PS. Who knows I'm not a fallen captain? Maybe I am a Bloodsail Buccaneer, reported dead.. But still ALIVE!!! Muhaha... Yeah I'll stop now.
    Last edited by Opblaaskaas; 2011-02-16 at 08:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Opblaaskaas View Post
    PS. Who knows I'm not a fallen captain? Maybe I am a Bloodsail Buccaneer, reported dead.. But still ALIVE!!! Muhaha... Yeah I'll stop now.
    Maybe you should get into roleplaying and, who knows, you could roleplay that it's your sunken ship.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaoyll View Post
    Maybe you should get into roleplaying and, who knows, you could roleplay that it's your sunken ship.
    If I was on an RP server I'd be neck deep in that boat already, and I don't mind some RP-ing for fun at times. But, yeah!

2 of my RL friends last name is Jessen, and in stormwind I think it is, theres an NPC named Chef Jessen or something along those lines. We found that a long time ago, but was pre cool

Where ever the Regent-Lord needs me to be
    Is have a sunken Boat name after really a good thing? It kinda says you are not a good sailor.

On my hunter Frazzlebeard picking up a quest from a gnome called Frazzle and then later on with my friend on a character called Sapph fighting a Blood Elf Death Knight elite called... Sapph.
    Fly fast, stay low, hit hard.
    You'd think the 8th Anniversary was the Cheese Anniversary to go with all the whine.
    - madethisfor1post

Ravenholdt EU - Nice Toons: Frazzlebeard, Menardis, Plight - Less So: Slîght

My main, Nulgar, Kel'Thuzad EU, was created in 2006. Besides by now several other characters with that name (I don't know why, I'm not famous) there is also a "Banker Nulgar" NPC in an EQ2 expansion from late 2007, imagine my surprise. But alas, like the other characters I doubt they even knew about me :P
    It looks great, but Will It Mog? | Are you fully Glyphed?

There is a Tuskar in Borean tundra that has my last name.. I should ask for some free stuff.
    Orks, Space Marines, Rift (<---- Links for pics BTW)

my little brother has a hunter named Grik (made him in LK) he flipped out when i told him there was a dragonmaw NPC with that name xD