Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ...
    I have two stories, well really far more than that on the bad side, but one of the two is a good one. This thread is full of bad, so I'll just share my good.

It was still WotLK, and I was a DK dps who queue'd with a healer. The gear inflation let me tank everything in the instance without worry as long as I had my trusty guild pocket healer, so generally I pretended WotLK heroics were 4dps and one healer. One time the tank was yelling at me to let him keep threat on stuff, but considering I was the LoLAoE unholy he never stood a chance. I politely told him, "It's no worry, x healer can heal me through this just fine and it will just go faster until you get a little more geared." The gear comment was just to make the tanks ego a little better, but he quieted down and the run went smoothly.

The real meat of the story was the other DK dps who asked me if he could have a moment of my time, I said sure and he started a stream of questions about how to play a DK. I asked him if he had vent, he replied with "What's vent?" Walked him through the setup, and he sat there for a good 45 minutes listening to me on vent and actually writing down notes. He hung around on vent while he attempted to practice the new information on a test dummy and said he had nearly doubled his dps. He also paid enough attention about strangulate/deathgrip on ranged mobs to pull them into the AoE cluster...it was a pretty refreshing experience from a time I asked a paladin if he could please use "Judgements" and got a reply with several obscenities to have a player actually ask politely, listen well and apply what was learned. It ALMOST restored my hope for this community...almost.

Quote Originally Posted by Museigen View Post
    I have two stories, well really far more than that on the bad side, but one of the two is a good one. This thread is full of bad, so I'll just share my good.

It was still WotLK, and I was a DK dps who queue'd with a healer. The gear inflation let me tank everything in the instance without worry as long as I had my trusty guild pocket healer, so generally I pretended WotLK heroics were 4dps and one healer. One time the tank was yelling at me to let him keep threat on stuff, but considering I was the LoLAoE unholy he never stood a chance. I politely told him, "It's no worry, x healer can heal me through this just fine and it will just go faster until you get a little more geared." The gear comment was just to make the tanks ego a little better, but he quieted down and the run went smoothly.

The real meat of the story was the other DK dps who asked me if he could have a moment of my time, I said sure and he started a stream of questions about how to play a DK. I asked him if he had vent, he replied with "What's vent?" Walked him through the setup, and he sat there for a good 45 minutes listening to me on vent and actually writing down notes. He hung around on vent while he attempted to practice the new information on a test dummy and said he had nearly doubled his dps. He also paid enough attention about strangulate/deathgrip on ranged mobs to pull them into the AoE cluster...it was a pretty refreshing experience from a time I asked a paladin if he could please use "Judgements" and got a reply with several obscenities to have a player actually ask politely, listen well and apply what was learned. It ALMOST restored my hope for this community...almost.
    Great story Museigen, that player went above and beyond what was necessary and he is (I'm sure) a better player for it now. While not every dps who is a little behind needs to do all of this, even half of it would be a big improvement and I promise that if all players took the time just once that they would spend in a heroic (like an hour) and research their class, they would be better for it.
    I think I've had enough of removing avatars today that feature girls covered in semen. Closing.
    -Darsithis

Quote Originally Posted by Rhaide View Post
    Ozruk went EXACTLY like I thought it would. Everyone died except me and the healer. The rogue and druid died on the FIRST shatter, they didn't even try and run. The druid ran back in, battle rezzed the rogue, and they both immediately died again. The hunter then died, 3 of them ran back in, and 2 died immediately again. The end of this story? The healer and I finished ozruk alone from about 80%. Again, I didn't die, so w/e, I'm not about to mess with them. So I stayed silent, nice to see this though:
    Quick question. How did the druid run back and battle rez if the stun hits you even at the beggining of the instance? and when the stun breaks u take around 40k dmg. Just thought id point out the obvious flaw in your story.

Playing with people that can't learn simple mechanics is what made me hang up my tanking hat. Some have turret syndrome and some are "herp derp fire?" handicapped. And getting yelled at b/c I died when someone who wasn't me pulled a pat. Ya I don't miss that.

you failed at blocking out people

xxx has died!

xxx rolled need!

Quote Originally Posted by Sarmifias View Post
    Quick question. How did the druid run back and battle rez if the stun hits you even at the beggining of the instance? and when the stun breaks u take around 40k dmg. Just thought id point out the obvious flaw in your story.
    If you're not in combat, his paralyze won't hit you, I've ended up tanking ozruk solo enough times to know that your team can run back in to you. Sorry to burst your 'LOL U LYIN' BRO' bubble.

you failed at blocking out people

xxx has died!

xxx rolled need!
    I know... I failed. Thanks for mentioning it, but it has been brought to my attention numerous times already.
    I think I've had enough of removing avatars today that feature girls covered in semen. Closing.
    -Darsithis

I've seen it from all areas...tanks, heals, dps. Either too stupid, or too arrogant for their own good.

The warrior tank in one of my heroics yesterday made it a point to call me a "fake paladin" when assigning cc, and mocked the hunter throughout the instance for being BM and not the "winning" spec. Then, when we were at the elevator, he refused to do the bone boss (we're in H-HoO) that the healer had been asking for throughout. Without declining, he simply said we could "all f*** off" and he promptly left the instance.

Mind you, we hadn't had a wipe or problem with dps from the beginning (except the warlock who was basically being carried, but that happens...). Our next tank was a pally that we finished the rest of the instance with...without the snide remarks or arrogance. He was even polite and made no attempts to "impose his will" on us...go figure that!
    I quit the game, and this happens:
    "You can now mount while under the skeleton effect of the Noggenfogger Elixir!"
    Are you effing kidding me?!?!
    Remember 3.0.......

Quote Originally Posted by Rhonen View Post
    I've seen it from all areas...tanks, heals, dps. Either too stupid, or too arrogant for their own good.

The warrior tank in one of my heroics yesterday made it a point to call me a "fake paladin" when assigning cc, and mocked the hunter throughout the instance for being BM and not the "winning" spec. Then, when we were at the elevator, he refused to do the bone boss (we're in H-HoO) that the healer had been asking for throughout. Without declining, he simply said we could "all f*** off" and he promptly left the instance.

Mind you, we hadn't had a wipe or problem with dps from the beginning (except the warlock who was basically being carried, but that happens...). Our next tank was a pally that we finished the rest of the instance with...without the snide remarks or arrogance. He was even polite and made no attempts to "impose his will" on us...go figure that!
    When someone cusses you out, report them. You can't report someone for being a jerk, but you sure can report them for profanity.
    -Darsithis

Deleted
    Thank you for sharing such entertaining stories with us, I can only imagine the pain you go through having to relive it... it could drive you to attempt to break Paralyze by MASHING YOUR HEAD THROUGH YOUR MONITOR... No worries if you do though I still believe in your abilities enough to assume you could outperform the DPS in the initial post without a monitor, and SEVERE brain hemorrhaging... To refer to you as an elitist even in jest would be doing you an unkindness.

The only tanking story (from my dirty perspective of a melee dps) that is worth noting was the First encounter of HoO, 4 from Guild with the exception of a tank... Everything was facerolled easily enough... but we asked, and then explained the method used for getting the achievement... explaining several times NOT to kill the snakes... his grasp of the english language wasn't great, but he eventually gave some reassuring... statements, that we THOUGHT were confirmation of his understanding... After he pulled the snakes he just... stood there... aoe'ing them down as everyone watched and /cheered.... when all was said and done he said... I KILL SNAKES GOOD!

Vent... Exploded in joy, and the paladin in question was thought of with nothing but love in our hearts, we did manage to get every achievement for him in that run from HoO... But whenever there is any AoE Heavy situation in Raids or 5mans... At least 2 people on vent are guaranteed to scream... WE KILL SNAKES GOODERER!!!

Again thanks for the legend that is your pugging experience.