Poll: How much money and time does it take to have fun with your irl friend in wow?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Thread: TIME+Money-WoW

Deleted

TIME+Money-WoW

A irl friend plays wow, you don't. You want to play wow.
    How much time and money does it take to play with him?
    Well, since is the first time when you play wow, you need to buy all expansions and a couple of pre-paid to level to 85 ... around 200-300 euro
    then, the time... well, if you play 5 hours a day... EVERY day... then you will be level 85 in 100 days... so 500 hours (don't forgot that you noob so level hard)
    and then... well your pall is in a strong guild and has very good gear, so let's add another 100 days and 10 hours a day to catch with him... so around 1500 hours and 500 dollars? and then, the fun begin with your friend! just 200 days and 500 dollars!
    I remember the time when i first wanted to play quake 2 or cs with my irl friends... from a total noob, i just paid 50 cent to an internet cafe for 1 hour and in 15 minutes i was fragging people and having fun
    of course to be good i had to spen 1-2 hours once every 2-3 days for a couple of weeks ... and around 5 dollars
    so 10 hours and 5 dollars to have fun ! youpiee!

Yup. Their job is to get you addicted then get you paying out the wazoo.

"I want a Tier that actually looks stereotypical.
    Hunter in camo; Rogue in ninja gear; Priest in a prison uniform - that sort of thing."

Assuming they level slow because it's the first time they're playing it should take a month to a month and a half 1-85 with the amount of hours you put in the OP.
    Also remember you said they had friends playing, that means they will probably be boosted a lot so that leveling time is now under a month even for a newbie so to reach max level not even a gamecard is needed, that lands the total for all expansions and 1 month of game time at around €85.
    Throw in a 60 day gamecard for a total of 3 months playtime and you land on €114 which is about 1½ console game or 1 cheap night of partying.
    WoW is very cheap entertainment, saying anything else is just stupid.

I dont take payment to have fun with my friends.
    Cataclysm = CTC | Icecrown Citadel = IC | | CLASSIC, not vanilla |

Deleted
    200-300 euro to lvl to 85???? What???
    Then all of a sudden we are talking dollars???????? What?

Herald of the Titans OnlineSamantha's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Your post makes no sense. First, nobody levels that slow if they have any interest in the game (Azeroth has been revamped, remember?). Second, why do you change your currency?

This smells like a bad troll.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trumpresident View Post
    My words exactly. Manufacturing in the US is considerably more expensive than elsewhere, and part of that are savage regulations such as environment protection or minimum wages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderaan View Post
    Saying that Wilson is a racist murderer is the same level of conspiracy as saying Sandy Hook didn't happen and the parents are in on it.
    I don't post that often, and when I do it's often in bursts. I always lurk though.

10+ Year Old Account
    96.87% of the time, in my room. The other 3.13%? Pooping.
    I leveled my shaman from 1-85 in 2 weeks, with just the shoulder/chest heirlooms and I was in a guild. So since I had a 20% boost from 1-80, let's add 3 days to the total. 17 days to get to 85. 10 to get geared.
    Let's just say about a month to get gear capped + level from 1-85.
    I'm not your average player, though. I log roughly 10 hours a day and loose a fair amount of sleep over this god-forsaken game. But still, I love it, and I play it.
    So, in a more realistic world, it'd take about 2 months to get from 1-85 and geared well enough to do raids/PvP. That's not too bad at all, to be honest.
    As for cost, in USD, it'd be 110 for all current expansions, with a month of game time included, plus a 60 day time card for 30 dollars. So overall 140 dollars and 60 days at 5 hours a day, you'd be sitting at a solid.. 2 weeks played, rounded up. I'd honestly say that isn't that bad, especially considering now you get 10% guild exp, and if he's on your server, you could help him level, and help him gear.

Ah he returns! Look at his posts folks, hes clearly not all to bright or is a troll indeed. Tbh I'm not all too sure wtf hes even talking about in this one, but to attempt to give an answer... if you play WoW just to hang out with friends, you are doing something wrong, atleast by the definition of a game, in which the goal is to win.

Deleted
    Meh I joined wow because my other mmo died...
    it cost them +- 20 minutes to convince me.. hooked for two years since

I honestly cannot figure out what the OP is trying to say... Also, his post history is somewhat frightening to me, yikes.

Deleted
    Dont forget the RAF from Blizz. 300% xp on q´s and mobs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Caelia View Post
    Also remember you said they had friends playing, that means they will probably be boosted a lot
    well, not too sure about that! when i first joined wow my friends were level 40 or so and they didn;t boost me at all, they ignored me and told me to go level and stuff
    and if they did boosted me it was hard job... was leveling very hard
    a RAF is a good option but

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RC-ST. View Post
    A irl friend plays wow, you don't. You want to play wow.
    How much time and money does it take to play with him?
    Well, since is the first time when you play wow, you need to buy all expansions and a couple of pre-paid to level to 85 ... around 200-300 euro
    then, the time... well, if you play 5 hours a day... EVERY day... then you will be level 85 in 100 days... so 500 hours (don't forgot that you noob so level hard)
    and then... well your pall is in a strong guild and has very good gear, so let's add another 100 days and 10 hours a day to catch with him... so around 1500 hours and 500 dollars? and then, the fun begin with your friend! just 200 days and 500 dollars!
    I remember the time when i first wanted to play quake 2 or cs with my irl friends... from a total noob, i just paid 50 cent to an internet cafe for 1 hour and in 15 minutes i was fragging people and having fun
    of course to be good i had to spen 1-2 hours once every 2-3 days for a couple of weeks ... and around 5 dollars
    so 10 hours and 5 dollars to have fun ! youpiee!
    Time is money friend!

Get gabbin' or get goin'.

Deleted
    What the hell is this post? Those gigantic, unrealistic amounts of time and money? The currency switch? Get the hell out of here, troll...

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    wait...what? Can someone please decifer this for me?

Ï could spend 0 dollar 1 minute of time and have fun with my friends, problem?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RC-ST. View Post
    Hmmmm so hard to resist a troll....
    Well your math is useless to be honest. Buying all expansions and leveling to 85 is nowhere near the 200-300 Euro mark.
    You can pick up all expansions in decent bargain packages for around 60-70 Euro these days including 1 - 2 months of gametime depending on which packs you get. A colleague of mine started playing around christmas 2011 so just after release of Cataclysm. With the new quest flows and
    the map pointers etc. He managed to level his first toon to 85 around the first week of february. So all in all that's about 8 weeks it took him.
    He plays for 2-3 hours maximum per day and not even each day (he has a family and other obligations).
    I think on average he plays actually 15 hours a week. 8 weeks times 15 hours totals 120 hours to level from 1 to 85 with no help really. He hadn't even told me that he started playing until he was 85.

***EDIT*** Just checked, he has a /played of 142 on his toon. So my estimates weren't that bad, considering he wasted some time looking, visitibng AH and stuff... He just started a new toon and he'll tell me when it's 85.
    Last edited by velde046; 2011-02-16 at 09:15 AM.

I didn't vote D:

Lol he got banned...but seriously what is he talking about though?