Thread: Dead Space 2

Dead Space 2

I thought it was strange that this game didn't have a thread so I made one.

Damn haven't played a single player experience in a game this good in a while; currently on chapter 10 and its so damn unnerving entering each room is like torture haha, never played a horror game before so maybe i'm just a wuss.

I never though zombie children/babies would be allowed in a video game let alone being able to snap their limbs off.

I only just completed it and it is a brilliant ending but I was the same it was the first horror game I had played and I feared going around every corner :P

Quote Originally Posted by Retdream View Post
    I only just completed it and it is a brilliant ending but I was the same it was the first horror game I had played and I feared going around every corner :P
    Play Amnesia: Dark Descent, you'll fear more than going around a corner.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    seriously, most of you won't play that game anymore in 1 months.

Boub has a time machine?!

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I beat the game in 7 hours. I feel like having two discs should give a little more play time.
    The only time where I was ever freaked out was at the end, but I won't spoil it for you... *cough* regeneration *cough*.
    The multiplayer was semi-fun until every game turned into a DC because people (the host) kept leaving.
    On the whole, I enjoyed it, though. It definitely was very cinematic like the first which is what I like about the franchise.

I didn't like the ending. Not. One. Bit.

Other than that the game was brilliant and shocking.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamsus View Post
    I beat the game in 7 hours. I feel like having two discs should give a little more play time.
    Are you joking? Two discs and only seven hours played? I liked it better when games actually took longer than a morning and afternoon to beat. I really don't think there's an excuse for that. How can you drive a narrative when your playtime is that of a Call of Duty game? Geez.

15+ Year Old Account
    Finished it in just over 6 hours, last two chapters i had little to no ammo and had to just run from everything, was scary

on a side note: anyone know what the name of the first ever survival horror game was?

a good horror shooter(what i call horror games in which you have a means to defend yourself that isn't vestigial) with some rather stressing moments but not too bad, i hate that damn cult.

I feel kinda dumb after seeing peoples play times lol, 8 and a half hours so far and still another 5 chapters to go through I think

I thought it was an excellent shooter, though a fairly mediocre horror game. The 'scares' are so incredibly forumlaic that once you've reminded yourself that, yes, enemies will come out of that vent at some point, and, yes, there will be respawns when you return to an earlier room, it sorta loses its ability to make you jump. As stated, however, the length was a serious detriment, and I probably wouldn't recommend it to anyone for that reason until the price drops considerably.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Game screwed with my head something fierce.

I feel kinda dumb after seeing peoples play times lol, 8 and a half hours so far and still another 5 chapters to go through I think
    Don't feel bad. I'm about 10 hours in and on chapter 7. I have a giant TV, so I'm trying to really get into the game, get scared and cry like a little girl when stuff starts popping up. I also enjoy reading and looking at some of the stuff on the walls. Especially when you're in the apartments and the church. I'm also a completeness freak, so I'm trying to go through and find literally everything in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Snuzzfizzle View Post
    I didn't like the ending. Not. One. Bit.

SO....I grab the controller, grinning as I do it.

I look at it and think, "Why so serious-SAH?....."

I hoist the controller above my head. "Why so SERIOUS-SAH!?"

and.......why so serious? *throws the controller into the TV.*
    Pretty much what I thought right here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drexxil View Post
    Just beat Amnesia literally 5 minutes ago. It took me maybe 8 hours or so spread across three nights to beat. Highly recommended if you enjoy horror games. But you have to make sure you play with headphones in, all lights around you turned off, and set the gamma where it says to set it. Amnesia is one of those games that's only scary if played the way it's meant to be played because it's all about ambiance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirsimeon
    Ahoy there, Captain Crybuckets, be that some QQ I see? Yarr!
    Quote Originally Posted by Voltair View Post
    Yo Dawg I heard you like to QQ, so I put some QQ in your QQ so you can QQ while you QQ
    I enjoy creative ways to call people out on whining. If I see any, they're likely to end up here.

Quote Originally Posted by Benjamima View Post
    I thought it was strange that this game didn't have a thread so I made one.

Damn haven't played a single player experience in a game this good in a while; currently on chapter 10 and its so damn unnerving entering each room is like torture haha, never played a horror game before so maybe i'm just a wuss.

I never though zombie children/babies would be allowed in a video game let alone being able to snap their limbs off.
    Yeah, a little bit. Course I don't find it as unnerving as the girl does in this video...

I'm watching a few let's plays of it right now and it's pretty funny to see how each person reacts to the monster attacks. The screamy ones are the funniest, but I also like the ones who are totally boss about it and meet each necromorph like I imagiine Mr. T would.
    The scare tactics look a little repetitive and gimmicky though. I half-cringed half-loled at the exploding babies. I mean, really?

Quote Originally Posted by Drexxil View Post
    People who find Amnesia so terrifying probably haven't ever played a traditional Japanese horror game. Amnesia is renowned, I think, for its emphasis on atmosphere over pure startlement--it takes so long to present the first monster that by the time one actually appears, you're beside yourself with terror. Even worse that you have NO way of defending yourself, and running away doesn't even work for some of the enemies unless you're quick enough to put up barricades in your wake, e.g. the invisible monster in the water hall. Those have all been hallmarks of Japanese horror for a long time though. Look at a lot of Japanese horror movies. Look at Silent Hill 1-4.

Not that I'm saying Japanese horror games are far superior or anything, I'm not japanophile. Just that it's a different brand of horror, one that's new to a lot of American-game-only players.
    Last edited by Kait-Sith; 2011-05-24 at 03:24 AM.
    If you think girl gamers don't exist and/or are a big deal, you should really step outside sometime. 4 srs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Playing DS2 on Hardcore mode is absolutly terrifying. I'd beaten the game three times on various difficulties before that, but you've just gotta be so fucking fast when it comes to shooting, and dying just before a planned save point is a killer. I was litterally shaking in the last level, as just as I reached the final boss I had the lowest amount of hp its possible to have. Thankfully you get fully healed before you fight it..
    Quote Originally Posted by Asphyxes View Post
    Taco dinner, movie at my mancave then I'll surprise her with a TCG tabard and tell her I love her.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    my gf left me, should i Just go gay?
    Xothic - Prot Paladin

10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't really like the game tbh, I'm not really a shooter person though, so I'm already pretty biased
    It didn't manage to scare me either, so I just stopped playing after about 3 hours and haven't picked it up since. But hey, I could only play the first one for about 40 minutes, so it's an improvement

Deleted
    Dead Space 2 was scary i give you that, but it's nothing compared to original Dead Space.
    "Empty" spaceship + scary enemys + tight hallways = one fucking scary game.

The multiplayer is fun as shit if you get good at it. Nothing is more bad ass than a puker running full force,swinging claws nonestop at a cornered human lol.