Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Can we get the old stealth back?

I mean seriously. I have dealt with the new "see the rogue from a mile away" theory at Blizzard has going but last night it was just ridiculous.

I was in TB and had just dispatched of a PvE warlock with ease when a mage jumps me. No biggie, fight off his initial onslaught, get on him and start working him over. He uses his 2nd round of control, still not a problem, I get out, hit sprint to catch up and the mage realizes despite catching me out of stealth he is losing. So he iceblocks. Not surprising so I continue to sprint away. He pops out and casts frostbolt, I vanish and it lands but that's not a problem. Both him and his pet lose target on the vanish. As soon as the vanish effect wears off he immediately has me retargeted. Just that dumb bug where they have you targeted but don't really have you targeted right?

So I try to shadowstep -> garrote him, except I can't. I'm out of shadowstep range and the next thing I know I'm hit with a deep freeze while in stealth. I'm over 25 yards away! I don't want stealth to be some super thing, but can we at least get the old stealth back?

Any other rogues fed up?

"This is a known issue and we are working to correct it."

Plus you got caught out of stealth by a Mage. You shouldn't win in that situation. Should have stayed within 25 yards for a Shadowstep and you woulda been fine.

Yep. Tired of this whole expansion being able to be seen through stealth by not just hunter pets, but any class that has a pet.
    Paladin (Guardian of ancient kings), mage (water elemental), warlock(all of them), hunter(all of them), priest(shadowy apparation), death knight(ghoul), shaman(wolves), druid(treants).

Mostly the melee ones, but as far as Shadow priest pets or PVP Guards, they don't even detarget if you restealth or vanish. and they just.. follow you until the player OBVIOUSLY knows where you are.

It's being fixed though.

Quote Originally Posted by GratedWasabi View Post

Plus you got caught out of stealth by a Mage. You shouldn't win in that situation. Should have stayed within 25 yards for a Shadowstep and you woulda been fine.
    Why shouldn't I have won? I had better gear and almost all of my cooldowns.

And staying closer to the mage increases the chance he sees me. Had I know that being over 25 yards away I would have still been seen I would have just stood on top of him during the Iceblock.

Quote Originally Posted by shatter19 View Post
    Why shouldn't I have won? I had better gear and almost all of my cooldowns.

And staying closer to the mage increases the chance he sees me. Had I know that being over 25 yards away I would have still been seen I would have just stood on top of him during the Iceblock.
    He wouldn't be able to see you if you were standing behind him.

You can't see stealthed players from behind or out of line of sight.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by McDouchebag View Post

Thats not hes point though, hes 25 yards away and still getting targetted

If I had vanished right behind him, his pet could just Freeze and root me there.

I do agree that the stealth levels seem off now, Whenever i get sapped nowadays, i can pretty much keep the Rogue targetted and hit him out of stealth the second the sap wears off.

If it's a bug it will get fixed and if it's intended it won't and you'll have to deal with it.

10+ Year Old Account

Not true. I have seen rogues stealth up behind me.

And yes stealth is crap right now. I have had people still have me targetted while vanishing like 50 yards away.

Quote Originally Posted by Freia View Post

And yes stealth is crap right now. I have had people still have me targetted while vanishing like 50 yards away.
    That's lag. A level 1 rogue could sneak up on your back and you wouldn't see him.

Deleted
    That's lag. A level 1 rogue could sneak up on your back and you wouldn't see him.
    As far as i know stealth improves with lvl, so a lvl 1 rogue is ez to see. Stealth skill starting with lvl 10 is +3 over your current lvl.
    I had the same problems with stealth and vanish, even if i was 20-30yards away, once i was targeted, no matter if i used vanish, the other player was able to target me and get me out of stealth(range attack, charge...)

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey look on the bright side. No more demo shout to de-stealth you!
    Feral Druids are the most "feared" class in PvP.
    Warodl - Warod

10+ Year Old Account
    I was starting to get so ufcking sick of being seen in stealth from miles away, always thought I was alone.
    THANK GOD! *mentally ventilates*

Any class with a pet is a huge no for a sap.

Honestly though, its becoming harder and harder to get an opener, almost to the point of having to shadowstep sap things.

Between all the aoe crap that can be spammed, pets pulling you out without even being close, hunters, etc.

I've started shadow dance sapping things to open and hope we kill something lol.

Deleted
    stealth wasnt OP,why did they this???

Quote Originally Posted by genin View Post
    As far as i know stealth improves with lvl, so a lvl 1 rogue is ez to see. Stealth skill starting with lvl 10 is +3 over your current lvl.
    I had the same problems with stealth and vanish, even if i was 20-30yards away, once i was targeted, no matter if i used vanish, the other player was able to target me and get me out of stealth(range attack, charge...)
    My point was that a level 1 rogue could sneak up behind you and you would not see him. You can't see stealthed people behind you.

front/behind has NO FUCKING EFFECT on human players, that's for NPCs

get so sick and tired of having to tell some of you "pros" this

human players are not affected by WHERE the rogue is as far as front/back/side, it's based only on proximity

a good rogue isn't having "stealth issues", the one shot ambush wannabes are having them because they're not very good and they don't understand how latency works. just lack of experience, that's the issue. the system of stealth was simplified and other than hunters getting perception as a "tracking" ability (track hidden) which is a bit OP imo, the scale is fine now, it was buffed a bit for ferals, the difference in how everyone SEES the rogue in stealth is no different, they just put a few things on the same level below the rogue

the scale was overly complicated before, shadowpanther.net used to have a link that broke it all down point by point

you all get a max range sap, use it, stop trying to walk up and ambush, sap, wait for your energy then pop him and stay at max sap range, inside sap range you're going to be seen and if you sap a hunter inside of sap range, he's gonna target you with his pet and force you to vanish

stop being bad

---------- Post added 2011-02-19 at 02:14 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by rolex0008 View Post
    stealth wasnt OP,why did they this???
    they didn't did anything, your level of stealth vs player's level of detection is like it's always been

rogues are usually one of the least played classes because bads are horrible with them, they get caught out of stealth and have no clue what to do, they panic and try to reset because the only thing they know how to do is ambush eviscerate and push what lights up

---------- Post added 2011-02-19 at 02:16 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by roguetank View Post
    Any class with a pet is a huge no for a sap.

Honestly though, its becoming harder and harder to get an opener, almost to the point of having to shadowstep sap things.

Between all the aoe crap that can be spammed, pets pulling you out without even being close, hunters, etc.

I've started shadow dance sapping things to open and hope we kill something lol.
    hunters have track hidden which is, unless it's changed, the highest single 'stealth detection' ability, you will pop when you get JUST INSIDE sap range, at max range at the same level, you will not be seen

it's best to come in from behind because even when zoomed out, i have 2" of screen above my UI, which is almost always at the bottom, and tab will target what is in front

in a pvp situation, even if you "pop" you have the best chance of getting away, detection range is 360 degrees for players though, frontal cone for NPCs

Quote Originally Posted by GratedWasabi View Post

Plus you got caught out of stealth by a Mage. You shouldn't win in that situation.
    Should have stayed within 25 yards for a Shadowstep and you woulda been fine.
    "yeah i was outplaying this mage like a badass then he owned me because of a bug"
    "LOL SERVES YOU RIGHT YOU SHOULDNT OF BEEN WINNING ANYWAY"

what?
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If [the dps] are on the wrong target, then they are playing badly and should be corrected and / or mocked, depending on how you roll.

Deleted
    stealth is totaly crap now, everyone see us far far away plus every class has several spells which put off your stealth - for example mage fire orb, image dont count aoe (nova, freeze, ar. explosion,RoF, etc etc) ... and this kind of spells have every class ... -.- why blizz give us something which dont work or what is completly useless ? answer is simple its describing our class, no matter how crap it is ...

OT: blizz plx fix stealth ... again one think which can put off our stealth is aoe !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dajmon View Post
    stealth is totaly crap now, everyone see us far far away plus every class has several spells which put off your stealth - for example mage fire orb, image dont count aoe (nova, freeze, ar. explosion,RoF, etc etc) ... and this kind of spells have every class ... -.- why blizz give us something which dont work or what is completly useless ? answer is simple its describing our class, no matter how crap it is ...

OT: blizz plx fix stealth ... again one think which can put off our stealth is aoe !!!
    fire orb? ...really? >_< i dont even...know what to say to that......

stealth doesn't suck....if you're having that many problems with it, chances are you're just playing badly.

edit: blizzardcashshop, where are you getting your info on stealth? not that I doubt it, I just like sources on things like that.
    front/behind has NO FUCKING EFFECT on human players, that's for NPCs
    detection range is 360 degrees for players though, frontal cone for NPCs
    I remember someone posting a shadowmeld+master of deception thread a loooong time ago in wotlk where they compared how close you could get to someone without them seeing you with/without SM/MoD, and they had different distances for infront/behind (screenshots)
    Last edited by fizikz; 2011-02-20 at 11:18 PM.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If [the dps] are on the wrong target, then they are playing badly and should be corrected and / or mocked, depending on how you roll.