Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Yea I do not see why Blizzard would come along and worry about this, we hopped into Maloriak's room and took him down after 2-3 attempts, so even if there were a few RNG issues, it is not like it wouldn't spice the content up a bit, because the Maloriak fight to me honestly felt like a complete rehash of the same old raid bosses from years past, like someone on the dev team decided, "Hey! Let's take a couple tried and true mechanics, toss them on a boss, and see if it throws the old vets for a loop! Oh wai...they have seen these mechanics a thousand times already, shucks."

>..<

this is a real good change since it will help healers as well since an iceblocked tank getting smashed by 3-9 adds then getting threat off the adds and now we cant get iceblocked... WIN =-)
    IM GONNA PUNCH THAT DRAGON IN THE FACE!

Deleted
    You know the deal: Everyone who is worse than me, needs to l2p. Everyone who is better than me plays 24/7 and has no real life. That's a fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosesred View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sH7q190LhxM

Icen add tank
    Rosesred Moonkin.

Thats the proof of his valid post.
    As Mojikai of Paragon I say this was a much needed nerf.

Please understand why I am treating extremely low post counts putting themselves in the very top tier of raiders with suspicion. Trust me when I say the proof I need is well beyond not worth your time to show. Edit: A screen shot with both the achievement, and your name, would suffice.
    But your eyes are drawn of charcoal they're black they're so cold they're so imperfect because they see a sleeping world where waking isn't worth it

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Demilune1 View Post
    can i suck your dick?
    That would not be favourable, so please don't :d

This is only good in my opinion. Too many times did our poor bear tank get his furry hide roasted by those abberations, and it was one of the things that made us wipe the most (My guild's healers are pretty slackerish). Less RNG = Good imo.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Bojangles View Post
    As Mojikai of Paragon I say this was a much needed nerf.

Please understand why I am treating extremely low post counts putting themselves in the very top tier of raiders with suspicion. Trust me when I say the proof I need is well beyond not worth your time to show. Edit: A screen shot with both the achievement, and your name, would suffice.

How on earth can it be needed? I mean.. IT makes the figth a bit harder, and a kill so much more lovely.

Still can't see it as a problem :/

And yeah. A SS would have been posted, instead of video if I wasn't at work ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Eclipsed1234 View Post
    That would not be favourable, so please don't :d

This is only good in my opinion. Too many times did our poor bear tank get his furry hide roasted by those abberations, and it was one of the things that made us wipe the most (My guild's healers are pretty slackerish). Less RNG = Good imo.

Post like that wich makes me worry a bit.

Do ANY of you guys think about using any sort of cc at these moments?

Like Ring of frost / Typhoon(aka knockback and slow) / Warrior shout slow spam?

When you are against a Challange, use any means needed to kill it. If it's not tankable, Rotation healing/Tank cds and CC mechanics!
    Last edited by mmocf65fcd70e4; 2011-02-17 at 03:25 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    All in all, I think this wasn't a NEEDED nerf by any means, but it will make it easier for those having trouble with Maloriak. Enjoy!
    I think people should stop being too trigger happy with their nerf commentaries if they see Blizzard fixing something. Maloriak is by no means a difficult encounter, but I'm really glad they fixed this.

Deleted
    I feel no need to be trusted, all I wanted was to share my opinion on the unnecessary (imo) nerf (at least for 10HC). Predictable encounters =/= fun (again, imo).

10+ Year Old Account
    We would do it with 12 adds on the 1st green phase, and we had countless wipes because the tank would get frozen, on one of our attempts the add tank was frozen 3 times, the 3rd freeze wiped us.

happened to me last night and i was like "OMGWTFBBQ get me out!!" glad they fixed it.

[Rothulivic] [Twitch] [Twitter] Signature by Serryn

Deleted
    I thought that nine adds was hitting me really hard once they caught up to me (howling kiting), if we ever got 12 adds, we reseted the encounter. We also had a Ring of Frost and Hand of Gul'dan to help out.
    Last edited by mmoc20c5c09c9a; 2011-02-17 at 03:29 PM. Reason: additional information

Our OT got it two times in a row, wasnt funny.

Well as a resto shaman I can say that I like this change, healing a tank with 9 adds on him can be hard enough without him losing half of his health due to getting suddenly frozen/unfrozen.

I've never been lawlgibbed by the adds before as a tank, but I do hate it when I get blocked as they spawn and then they run past me so I have to pick those off of our healers. It helps groups without MD a ton.

---------- Post added 2011-02-17 at 09:33 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Ican View Post
    I feel no need to be trusted, all I wanted was to share my opinion on the unnecessary (imo) nerf (at least for 10HC). Predictable encounters =/= fun (again, imo).
    RNG/Random encounters = fun?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosesred View Post

Post like that wich makes me worry a bit.

Do ANY of you guys think about using any sort of cc at these moments?

Like Ring of frost / Typhoon(aka knockback and slow) / Warrior shout slow spam?

When you are against a Challange, use any means needed to kill it. If it's not tankable, Rotation healing/Tank cds and CC mechanics!
    Just so you know, I always use frost trap to slow them down. Some of the adds get rooted, and since we do not raid with a mage, ring of frost isn't all that useful to us. We do not raid with anyone with a knockback so that is out of the question too. The RNG mechanics of the fight were too troublesome for certain compositions, so I think it's a good and needed nerf, especially in 10 man. 25 man.. not so much there

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by cncrules45 View Post
    RNG/Random encounters = fun?
    Yes imo, as long as it doesn't make encounters impossible. There is a fine line somewhere.

This nerf was needed. Flash freeze on the tank is like, significant damage on him, stun on him, adds probably getting in range of him and wailing on his face if the dps aren't fast enough, tank can't do anything to save himself while stunned, more damage when the stun finally breaks... basically, if you don't do something within ~3 seconds (harder than it sounds with cast time spells) then the tank'll likely die and you get to wipe. Not terribly fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Yai View Post
    You know the deal: Everyone who is worse than me, needs to l2p. Everyone who is better than me plays 24/7 and has no real life. That's a fact.
    ^ This won.

Quote Originally Posted by Eclipsed1234 View Post
    (My guild's healers are pretty slackerish).
    Solution- get better healers.

I've only healed him on 10 man but whenever an aberration tank got hit by the freeze it really wasn't anything big. Pop a flash heal for wiggle room than heal him up normal.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cattlehunter View Post
    basically, if you don't do something within ~3 seconds (harder than it sounds with cast time spells) then the tank'll likely die and you get to wipe.
    I don't understand why anyone would ever use a cast timed spell on an iceblock that breaks in 2-3 instants (which would be 1-2 sec with proper ranged setup [which is key in 10HC]).