Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Calamari View Post
    Help me understand, the fulfilment of a doomsday prophecy gives you a boner in what way? The enthusiasm with which some of you -kids- like to babble about fantasies of flaming rocks and angry religious fanatics forking you down is almost digusting.

By the way the turmoil in the muslim world, while offensive to bring it even up in the context of this riddiculous doomsday babble, is an outcry against bad economic situations, general unhappiness with governments, low salaries, stuff thats of equal concern to our western hemisphere dimwits as well. If anything its one oldest stories in the books of people never being satisfied with what they have, your dumb faces will in likely hood not be bashed in by flaming rocks or angry mobs, wheter thats a good thing or not I can no longer decide.

Enjoy lunch.
    Though at first I didn't want to respond to your childish flaming, I feel it is just to defend my claim. My goal was not to say OMGWTF THE WORLD IS GONNA END 2012 BECAUSE MAYANS SAID SO AND MAYANS IS RIGHT, but rather wanted to point out the coincidence.

Furthermore, your idea on why there is turmoil in the Muslim world is incorrect. Go do some research before your flame. Thanks.

---------- Post added 2011-02-17 at 05:40 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by kwahip View Post
    I haven't done to much research into the Mayan calendar, but isn't it not a prediction, and just the end of a long cycle that the Mayans were able to map out? From what I understand they mapped it out perfectly and were able to show all eclipses and stuff like that, with pinpoint accuracy on the dates and whatnot.
    Yes, it's the end of an era. They believed that when their long count ended, they would die and be reborn and the cycle would start again.

Quote Originally Posted by Paq View Post
    ^ my guess to. And it probably would they already know if it properly blows its top there will be nuclear winter in most of the world. That wont kill us, but the starvation from having zero crops, no livestock and no warcraft probably will.
    Why would ash and lava result in nuclear winter around the world? ^^

Quote Originally Posted by llDemonll View Post
    It's the end of a solstice or something like that on the Mayan calendar, nothing to worry about
    It's the day of the winter solstice, I think.

what worries me the most is that the good old christians in the bible belt are the #1 presence on the 2012 related sites, and they're fanatics anyway or they'd not believe in the bible either

if they decide to freak out, the SE USA could have some serious issues, mass hysteria is a very real threat and it's crazy (unless you've seen it before) how people act when a large collective group "freaks out"

the best examples are soccer riots that (or the one in pittsburgh after they won the last super bowl) can do millions of dollars in damage. if some freaked out guy decides he's gonna try to kill me to take whatever useful items i have, whatever natural disaster does or doesn't happen is irrelevant, it could set off a chain reaction of me kicking the asses of the crazies who "believe/WANT IT TO HAPPEN"

Random fact of the day: Mayan callendar does not take leapyear into account (as we do) 2012 by mayan callendar was sometime in the 1990s

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Slammin Shaman View Post
    It's the day of the winter solstice, I think.
    It's apparently the end day of the long count, a specific amount of time of a couple thousand years. They thought they would all die at the end of the long count and would be reborn afterwards to start anew.

10+ Year Old Account
    You would get nuclear winter because its a super volcano and its gonna release at least a couple of trillion tonnes of magma and ash, which gets stuck in the atmosphere. No sun = nuclear winter. No sun = no nothing!

As far as I know, heard it on a television program, the mayans were the only South American indians that did not have some sort of doomsday prophecy? They just didn't feel the need to make the calendar any further at the time it was made.

I know OP said that you don't believe in what the movie 2012 had interpreted, but it must have affected you in some way :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Must be truth even in WoW the Doom-sayers were correct! Bring on 2012 and lets see your faces after...

Many floods, refugee, heat waves will be shaking the humans for next few decades...

Quote Originally Posted by Vetis View Post
    you are acting like there is a single government that isn't corrupt in some way. its not a problem just in those places
    America's government isn't corrupt because we're America!

Quote Originally Posted by Neltharia View Post
    Though at first I didn't want to respond to your childish flaming, I feel it is just to defend my claim. My goal was not to say OMGWTF THE WORLD IS GONNA END 2012 BECAUSE MAYANS SAID SO AND MAYANS IS RIGHT, but rather wanted to point out the coincidence.

Furthermore, your idea on why there is turmoil in the Muslim world is incorrect. Go do some research before your flame. Thanks.

Yes, it's the end of an era. They believed that when their long count ended, they would die and be reborn and the cycle would start again.

Why would ash and lava result in nuclear winter around the world? ^^
    Try to understand, for paranoid dimwits like you a bird taking a poop on your head on friday the 13th is reason enough to believe that Freddy is going to visit you in your sleep, and if it's at the same time the national bird of a muslim state, you have reason to believe that said country is going to have some interest in attacking your country for obnoxios reasons (who am I kidding you -are- american because hardly have I ever seen a greater collective of easily scared and paranoid a****les sharing any one continent, sorry in advance to anyone who is american and not a paranoid tv brainwashed tool themself).

What gets me riled up about these scare posts is not the fact that I loose ever so small ammounts of faith in humanity, that too, but that you actually write this because you get off to the fact that some people are buying what you write, potentially messing up an easily scared persons day. Just -what- kind of good purpose do you serve with a post like this? Whatever I'll report this garbage.

People who think "amg the world is so chaotic now the world is going to end!" should probably go back in time and see how chaotic things were before established governments.
    Constant wars between different peoples. check
    Fighting simply over scraps of food. check.
    No modern medicine to at least help with diseases and epidemics. check.

Honestly, if you're going to use the argument that things are bad everywhere and tension is high so the world is going to end then the world would have ended in WWII or why not in WWI? How about the Cold War? Maybe the Dark Ages. Things have always been bad whether you would like to admit it or not.