Deleted

Whole raid losing dps from one day to another

I just wanted to know if there is more people who have noticed something like this.

Tuesday, all raid in the range of 20-16k

Thrusday, all raid in the range of 17-12k

Both times in Chogall, same raid, same buffs, same strategy, nothing that i can think of that could've changed so much...

Random number generator.

Deleted
    That much? ... really? Every try?

10+ Year Old Account
    Everywhere, no where, over there, in the air.
    Broken gear, new gear but without enchants etc. some people not pulling their full wieght or not trying hard enough, etc.
    Human error dude.

Depends on the night and the general mood of your raid too; if you're having a bad run of wipes it can put people off their game and make them frustrated / less focused.

RNG is also pretty RNG.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Strigoii View Post
    Depends on the night and the general mood of your raid too; if you're having a bad run of wipes it can put people off their game and make them frustrated / less focused.

RNG is also pretty RNG.
    I will have to go with that (but i swear to you that i was doing even better XD)

Deleted
    Hmm. That's a big jump. Could be down to human error and just performance differences .. but .. are you sure that no-one respecced? .. or a hunter using a different pet or something?

Could be that one of the raid debuffs you had in the first night is absent due to the above and you didn't notice.

Deleted
    Maybe people just lost their motivation and aren't trying so hard.

People slacking at buffs maybe?

Deleted
    no flask / buff food, longer phases = less dps?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by erpine79 View Post

Both times in Chogall,
    so...you only compared two tries? Or how many times did you try each night, how was the average dps in EVERY of these fights, do you have screens/phrases, when did you wipe each time, when did you use BL each time, was everyone motivated and buffed/enchanted...?

a wipe at 25% and one at 20% can have TREMENDOUS variations on dps. You also have to consider damage done when using something like recount, because it calculates your dps by your dmg uptime, not by the duration of the fight.

Morale plays a much bigger role than anyone assumes.

There are 2 types of people, those who respond well to rage and those who don't. Too often I see people raging at each other because it'll make them play better, but often it just makes that person play worse because he's now panicking and not having fun.

Leading progress raids is a delicate balance and there's no easy answer. One part of me feels like people who don't put all their effort into progress raids should be replaced ASAP. Another part of me feels like you need to make the progress day experience something fun to be part of, rather than finger pointing and dispare. But then people who respond well to finger points expect fingers to be pointed at everyone who fails, even though it has a negative effect. Essentially, its a huge mess. Raids would go a lot better with a degree in Psychology.

---------- Post added 2011-02-18 at 12:29 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by erpine79 View Post
    Both times in Chogall, same raid, same buffs, same strategy, nothing that i can think of that could've changed so much...
    Two is not a good sample size.