Thread: Pet Crit Chance

Pet Crit Chance

I did a basic search but saw nothing obvious… could somebody point me to where the crit scaling for our pets is listed? The crit chance for my Imp seems more relevant to my actual crit chance than does my Felguard, which seems to crit more often. I could be missing something as I'm quite tired, but any sort of direction would be nice. I seem to recall Blizz stating the pet crit chance would be directly equal to your personal crit chance, but I cannot find hard evidence to support that. I'm also happy to test via simcraft, but I don't know how to check pet crits within it.

Thanks in advance!

Are you taking into consideration that HoG increases their chance to crit by 10%?

10+ Year Old Account
    HoG doesn't effect the crit chance of white damage. Pet damage scales with your spell crit though. Have you taken into account other debuffs like Shadow and Flame?

I did take into account S&F. I compared it relative to the crit of my spells via testing, not through what appears on my character pane. I realize I can personally only do so many iterations, so maybe my little FG buddy has just had a lucky run. With how low our crit is right now, it could be more than possible.

Me and a friend did a test with Imp, he as demo casting HOG, me as destro with the imp we came to the following conclusions

- HoG affects all, not just the demo one, even pets outside a raid/party.
    - S&F doesn't affect Imp crit rates.

Having a Demo lock is actually a resonable increase of DPS for a destro warlock, a 10% crit rate increase on a Imp is very good when the little fella can do 10k crits, also imp crits more equals more mana feed procs.
    Last edited by Hellfury; 2011-02-20 at 04:08 AM.