Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by dakoth View Post
    Pretty sure the ICD is 45 seconds as I got procs every 50-60 seconds when I wore it. I used the upper end of that spectrum to be as harsh as possible in the comparison.

Also it procs off hot ticks as well. It'll pretty much instantly proc if you're rolling 2-3 riptides.

edit: I would retest it myself but I think I actually sold it when I got FoM. The ICD on FoM should be the same though I think... I'll keep an eye on it the next raid.
    I'm pretty sure it's 60 seconds. On my paladin it has between 14 and 16% uptime according to WoL for all bosses in BWD, except Nefarian. A shaman would have a higher chance of procing it, but it will not proc instantly.

Even if you are rolling 3 riptides, it takes about 3 (?) seconds between ticks, and if your crit chance is, say, 40% (don't know if I'm being generous here) wou would have a 13% or so chance to proc it per tick. If you spam HS with Waves up you could rpoc it much faster, but that wouldn't save you any mana at all.

15+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for sharing your point of view, Dakoth. I raided without knowing about the hotifix on Wednesday and the whole night I was thinking that the fights had been nerfed because I didn't need to burn so many expensive heals. The Disc priest was complaining of running OOM constantly blaming his newly acquired Tsunami trinket for killing his ability to sustain shield spam. He didn't know about the hotfix.

Here's the opposite of what you are saying - Increasing our throughput makes our heals more cost effective and then decreases our need for mana.

INT brings a lot to the table, on these trinkets we are talking about 5000+ mana going into the fight, crit for regen, and then regen from other sources such as replenishment.

Again Dakoth, I think you have a valid point of view. This is why trinkets are such a pain in the neck and difficult to decide on clear winners.
    Last edited by Tronada; 2011-02-18 at 04:51 PM.

Deleted
    im just asking myself why blizzard creates trinkets with such difficult mechanics like the mandala.... you just cant tell what its good for, without difficult math.

i mean, i think i am somehow an expirienced wow player, and theorycrafted since vanilla, and still i just cant really say, if this mandala is better/worse or as good as the other trinkets.... but i think i will give it a try and will change it for my tear of blood in the next raid, and will see what happens^^. i just dont need the tol barad things for any other items anyway.

Mandala is amazing. Not only do you get the huge chunk of SP and crit from the int proc, but your int determines the amount of mana you regen from replenishment.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rhakor View Post
    im just asking myself why blizzard creates trinkets with such difficult mechanics like the mandala.... you just cant tell what its good for, without difficult math.

i mean, i think i am somehow an expirienced wow player, and theorycrafted since vanilla, and still i just cant really say, if this mandala is better/worse or as good as the other trinkets.... but i think i will give it a try and will change it for my tear of blood in the next raid, and will see what happens^^. i just dont need the tol barad things for any other items anyway.
    Yes, I agree. Keep an eye on Vixsin's spreadsheet and that might help you decide. Supposedly they are going to do more testing on Mandala and update soon. Based on the stats listed, it's not much difference between the two trinkets so I doubt you will see much of a difference by swapping them out in the next raid.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am not the best with math, but out of the trinkets that I have available to me I chose to go with mandala of stirring patterns (especially since the change, +spellpower and mana for 10 secs = awesome) and core of ripeness. The core doesn't stack with MTT, but it acts like an extra mana regen CD and really really helps a lot more than I originally thought it would.

Quote Originally Posted by dwezul View Post
    Mandala is amazing. Not only do you get the huge chunk of SP and crit from the int proc, but your int determines the amount of mana you regen from replenishment.
    And this too. ^_^

10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry to be a pain in the arse, but people going on about BiS items for resto.....

is there somewhere with a nice, fairly clear cut BiS gear list for resto for current content?

Tsunami>Jar? Tsunami gives int plsu 400 spirit..jar gives 500 spirit..

Tsunami also gives 321 Intellect on top of the 400 Spirit.

Deleted
    Spirit comparison when including Tide;
    Tsunami: 400 + 16.8*4*400/180 = 549.33 spirit
    Jar (heroic): 580 - 580*15/120 + 16.8*4*580/180 = 724 spirit + 7k mana every 120 sec.

321 int VS ~175 spirit and 291mp5 (from the Use)