Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Glersi View Post
    I call BS on this story. Has anyone heard of a hacker putting on parental controls? And what parent doesn't have photo ID? Just sounds like his mom actually did lock down his WoW time and he's looking for a way around it to me.
    This. Better idea would be to get your homework done, improve your attitude at home, clean your room, w/e it was that made your parents think you need limits on your game time. I think limits in that way are just straight good parenting in general, kids don't need to be on the computer or in front of the TV every day for hours and hours. /shrug

Quote Originally Posted by bradrate View Post
    No I just said about 5 times you still need to be 18 even if i did have ID xD
    your mom can get ID for 12 pounds
    It's just a game.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by laggspike View Post
    O'rly? then ive been doingsomthing illegal for years then back then when i was 15+ (now 21) but it isnt illegal man, trust me
    depends. what were your hours? I'm sure early evening shifts are ok, but minors are still not permitted to work graveyard shift times (12am to Dawn)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulqiorra View Post
    If you equate playing WoW to having electricity, I feel very, very happy for the rest of the world, as that kind of thinking will, inevitably, lead to the eradication of your seed from the gene pool.
    WoW Toons: Duskwind (retired)/Duskrime (retired)
    Diablo 3 Profile

Deleted
    On the off chance that you're being genuine, you can get a citizen card which is Photo ID for £12 - for anyone over the age of 16. I'd recommend getting yourself and your mum one to avoid any problems in the future. It is legally accepted by pubs and retailers who need to do ID checks so I'm sure that blizzard would accept it too.

http://www.citizencard.com/

He's most likely lieing about the parental controls. If he really is a minor that means that his mom had to set up his account, secondly his mom probably does have photo ID since the PASS cards are pretty important in the UK especially if you want to get a job.

I would say go talk to your mom say you're sorry for whatever you did and ask her if she would please unlock your account. If she says yes all she has to do is call up blizz and they'll restore it. The fact that you are trying to call blizz as a minor is just silly, they won't do anything. Theres plenty of other kids like you who try to get their parental controls removed every day.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shamanic View Post
    On the off chance that you're being genuine, you can get a citizen card which is Photo ID for £12 - for anyone over the age of 16. I'd recommend getting yourself and your mum one to avoid any problems in the future. It is legally accepted by pubs and retailers who need to do ID checks so I'm sure that blizzard would accept it too.

http://www.citizencard.com/
    Thank you

15+ Year Old Account
    No I just said about 5 times you still need to be 18 even if i did have ID xD
    You're employed and can afford to pay your subscription. You can't kick a few pounds to your mum to get a photo ID for herself?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulqiorra View Post
    If you equate playing WoW to having electricity, I feel very, very happy for the rest of the world, as that kind of thinking will, inevitably, lead to the eradication of your seed from the gene pool.
    WoW Toons: Duskwind (retired)/Duskrime (retired)
    Diablo 3 Profile

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Duskster View Post
    You're employed and can afford to pay your subscription. You can't kick a few pounds to your mum to get a photo ID for herself?
    Imma do this right away, but thanks :P

Thank you
    O I C Shamanic gets a thankyou and I posted first? Well Im gonna start a QQ thread and phone MMO Champ

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Duskster View Post
    depends. what were your hours? I'm sure early evening shifts are ok, but minors are still not permitted to work graveyard shift times (12am to Dawn)
    i think in the UK over 16 are allowed to work at night, but not 12am to dawn but do 12am to 4am or something like that i think. not 100% sure.

I'm honestly not lying dude, my mum doesnt have photo ID and I cant because im not 18 yet
    too bad you aren't in the US, you can get one at 16

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Graki View Post
    so can you in the UK :P can get a provisional driving license at 16 for mopeds one you have passed the CBT

Very off topic but someone might find it useful

Hours of work
    If you are over 18 years of age you have seven basic statutory rights relating to your hours of work under the Working Time Regulations.

1) 4.8 weeks paid holiday a year which may include bank holidays;

2) a break when working six hours or longer;

3) an 11 hour rest period every working day;

4) a 24 hour rest period every seven days;

5) a maximum of an average 48 hour working week;

6) a maximum of an average 8 hours night work every 24 hours;

7) free health assessment for all night shift workers.

Unfortunately, the Working Time Regulations contain certain exclusions applying to particular situations and groups of workers. There are also specific rules for workers who are under 18 years of age. To find out how these rights apply to you, speak to your local union representatives or contact the Member Service Centre.
    AND HERE direct.gov.uk/en/YoungPeople/Workandcareers/Yourrightsandresponsibilitiesatwork/DG_174530

Deleted
    Just so you know (so a poor kid isn't being fooled to buy an ID to get around his parents lock), if your wow subscription is written to your mom, it won't help that you have a photo ID, they need a photo ID of the one owning the account.

Im sorry but what does a photo ID have to do with wow it never has been needed now or in the past I call BS and a bad troll I hope you get banned for this scam.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    so can you in the UK :P can get a provisional driving license at 16 for mopeds one you have passed the CBT
    You HAVE to get the provisional BEFORE the CBT. Therefor you can just go out and buy a provisional license and use that. It's only like £12 (Probably gone up since I bought one)

Also, they don't know what your mum looks like, and parents don't actually have to have the same surname. So you could send a picture of anyones Photo I.D that is of a good age. It's not hard.

Also, you make it way to obvious that you are lying.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoeii View Post
    I hereby would like to nominate this person for the tool award.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scuravolpe View Post
    Only if we get a pet for the disaster that was your parents deciding to breed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shock View Post
    Im sorry but what does a photo ID have to do with wow it never has been needed now or in the past I call BS and a bad troll I hope you get banned for this scam.
    I rang and they said they need a photo ID of my parent. Their words not mine.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FreddyLee View Post
    You HAVE to get the provisional BEFORE the CBT. Therefor you can just go out and buy a provisional license and use that. It's only like £12 (Probably gone up since I bought one)

Also, they don't know what your mum looks like, and parents don't actually have to have the same surname. So you could send a picture of anyones Photo I.D that is of a good age. It's not hard.

Also, you make it way to obvious that you are lying.
    ah, got it the wrong way round, and i think the provisional is more like £50 now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shock View Post
    Uh, whut? You've obviously never been hacked then. Blizzard demands photo ID to prove you're the true owner of an account, so they can reset it for you. It's why idiots lose money by buying accounts and then having them reset. Even if you don't have the password or anything, if you can prove by photo ID that you're the owner, blizzard resets it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Graki View Post
    Technically, in the United States, at least in my state, anyone old enough to sign their name can get a photo ID (the non-driving variety). I'm surprised the UK doesn't have something similar.