Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Dragon Age came out on both the PC and consoles, and I didn't hear too many complaints about Dragon Age on the PC.

Which demonstrates that it is possible for the game to do well on both. Do I think this will happen? Given the rapid degradation of Blizzards QA with recent products, I highly doubt it, but anything's possible.

Edit: To be clear, I don't care at all about the console development, so long as the PC version is not changed *at all* as a result.
    Last edited by darkwarrior42; 2011-02-18 at 04:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by djinn View Post
    Consoles are fine, people who cannot afford them usually make comments like that.
    Tons of titles originating on consoles have shaped the way gaming is today. Gaming started on consoles.
    Take your head out of your behind you ignorant fool.

---------- Post added 2011-02-18 at 02:41 PM ----------

Consoles are fine, people who cannot afford them usually make comments like that.
    Tons of titles originating on consoles have shaped the way gaming is today. Gaming started on consoles.
    While i prefer to play on a PC i really dont hav any problem with consoles. There are some games better for on platform than others.
    But i will beg to differ from you.
    Gaming actualy started on the very old pcs. The 8bits. Like spectrums.
    There was where the epic road to what we have now started. Titles like Match Day, Chucky Egg and so many others

Quote Originally Posted by The Fiend View Post
    Actually Gaming started on an Isograph if you want to get real technical, then it started on computers and then Arcade machines, it was only till the golden age of gaming did the intrest of consoles come around.

The fact that consoles are such a bad idea for a Diablo game is that they will need to devote some development time to consoles, time that could release the game earlier, used to bugtest or use to make the game even better.

Consoles will also reduce the quality of graphics, as developers try and make them similar for cross platform games.
    consoles will not effect graphics consoles have awesome graphics these days lol.with the exception to wii lol wii such fail

why does it seem to me like everyone here already knows how blizzard is gonna handle d3 as a console title? like lets say keeping the graphics on the same lvl and stuff? do you have experience on blizzard-console games? id like to know wich game youre taking that experience from because i dont know of any.

and comparing blizzard with "other" gaming companies is like comparing a diamond with wooden pants.

Quote Originally Posted by manikrage View Post
    consoles will not effect graphics consoles have awesome graphics these days lol.with the exception to wii lol wii such fail
    Actualy wii was a huge hit.
    They even outsold ps3 in same parts of the globe.
    I have one and find it quite amusing to play with friends

Deleted
    That sure is a little shame for a pc gamers, but let all the ppl have fun from this game. Unlike WoW Diablo 3 wont give as much money so they have to earn as much as they can from selling the copies

Deleted
    i would guess that it comes out, IF they get it right, in terms of UI redesign, controls and online communication.

i wouldnt mind playing with people on console while im using my pc.

BUT i hope they're adding mouse + keyboard controls as well, for ps3 users.

Quote Originally Posted by 9Royalwolf6 View Post
    That sure is a little shame for a pc gamers, but let all the ppl have fun from this game. Unlike WoW Diablo 3 wont give as much money so they have to earn as much as they can from selling the copies
    Tbh im not sure if D3 will give as much as wow. It really depends on what can they do for the online.

It makes no difference. I would probably get it on PC if it came out multi-platform but I'm not going to be an anal little console fantard if they announce it for xbox or any other system.

Would be interesting to see how they would handle controls of the character on console controllers though. Aiming Disintegrate at mobs might be a tad bit challenging. Or not?

Doesn't matter.

I dont think Diablo 3 should be on consoles, but by no means are consoles crap except maybe the Wii

When I noticed that Torchlight was coming to the console I was hoping Diablo 3 would do the same.
    Only thing wrong with the consoles right now is that they seem to be able to make a long game or a visually pleasing lookin game.
    As long as bringing it to the console doesn't effect it's looks or the length of the game it should be find.
    Also as long as it doesn't feel like how Dragon Age Orgins felt. Felt like it was made for PC and then 2 days before released ported for consoles and felt a little clunky on the console, but perfectly fine on the PC.
    However IMO I rather lay down in my bed or recliner with a controller then sit at my deck with a keyboard, but that just my preference.

This made me laugh, have you ever even taken a look at the price difference of a new console when it comes out and an up to date gaming PC? Or maybe you're the type that can afford only 2+ years old PC's...

Personally I think consoles are only good for very small range of games due to the limitations of the controls, which are driving games and beat 'em up/hack games (ie. Tekken, God of War etc..).

And to answer the topic, nay, I wouldn't play D3 on a console no matter how simple the controls may be, it's still a point and click type of game afaik, you'd have to be a masochist to try play a game like that on a console pad instead of a mouse.
    Last edited by Kevian; 2011-02-18 at 05:15 PM.

Deleted

---------- Post added 2011-02-18 at 02:41 PM ----------

i played consoles my whole life untill like 2 years ago, and i cant believe how bad they were. i have a ps3 and have played an x-box at a friends, they dont come colse to a desktop imo

Quote Originally Posted by SingleCellOrganism View Post
    Consoles are beyond awful for gaming. And so are its fans.
    lol I like you.

You guys are hilariously short-sighted.

Console development == dumbed down game

Why? gimped controls and infinitely worse hardware.

I own all the consoles, its not a "money" thing as you would frame it (lol), its that consoles are literally crap compared to PC; and their crap spills into my coffee.

Think of a game you love, now neuter it, that is the console version. I can't believe you don't know this, you are on mmo-champ.
    lol dude we ar talkin about Diablo :P you know its piure H&S game :P not a rocket sience :P when first diablo hits the game market you was probly in likuid mode so shush

Quote Originally Posted by Sodia View Post
    lol dude we ar talkin about Diablo :P you know its piure H&S game :P not a rocket sience :P when first diablo hits the game market you was probly in likuid mode so shush
    yeah so how are you going to do point and click with a gamepad?

Deleted
    Consoles are beyond awful for gaming. And so are its fans.
    Your forum name is exactly what i'm thinking about you now.

OT: I would love D3 on my 360.

Deleted
    Graphics isn't an issue these days unless you're one of those stupid people that worry about having an extra couple of hundred lines that looks no different at all on your 24" monitor than say 1080p. I'd love someone to name me 10 PC games that suffered from having a console version on graphics grounds. I can name many ports that have worse graphics/FPS on consoles that were developed before or in tandem with the PC versions, Mass Effect and Bioshock for example.

Also, graphics don't make a game, gameplay does.

As for controls. Look, you believe an overly complex control scheme is best because as PC fanboys it's what you know best but in actuality you're using devices designed for office type applications to play games. It's like choosing to drive a car with a typewriter, sure you can operate everything because you have enough keys but it's not ergonomically designed at all. Joypads are, they are amazingly well thought out control devices. Only the most blinkered of fanboys would argue otherwise.

That said, I fear D3 may require far too many buttons to comfortably translate to a pad. We'll see, it's no bad thing really and I suspect the console version if any will suffer due to porting issues as it's clearly designed to be a PC game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by manikrage View Post
    You are a fool to think so, and you don't know why Crysis was never on consoles and why Crysis 2 looks worse off.

From a developer standpoint, if you make a game crossplatform you WILL make the graphics lower on the higher specced port because you must make them look similar.

10+ Year Old Account
    As long as people who use a proper gaming system do not get ports from the console versions then it is fine.