Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I still have shitty shitty shoulders and bracers but I pull between 16 and 18k in 10 man.

15+ Year Old Account
    i am doing 16 - 18K dps

so i gues i am only avarage :/
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

Quote Originally Posted by FeralDruid View Post
    Nice. .. but am I right in thinking you had a mangle-bot, didn't stack for Meteor Slash and stayed in for Fel Firestorm?

'cos that's kinda cheating.
    I'm not sure how that is cheating. You can easily avoid the firestorm while continuing to dps the boss down. Also, the range stacked for Meteor Slash is more than enough for every single time we have downed Argaloth. This to me seems like a better strategy than what you are suggesting the melee do.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Barawr View Post
    I'm not sure how that is cheating. You can easily avoid the firestorm while continuing to dps the boss down. Also, the range stacked for Meteor Slash is more than enough for every single time we have downed Argaloth. This to me seems like a better strategy than what you are suggesting the melee do.
    Check the logs, he didn't avoid the firestorm.

You're probably right that in 25 man (at that gear level) it doesn't make a difference if a single melee decides they want to glory-hound and not follow the proper tactics for the encounter. 25 man is more forgiving on that sort of thing, and his tanks/healers are probably geared to the point where keeping everyone alive would be facerollable.

Which is why I don't put any store whatsoever by "rankings".

Deleted
    Dirtychoc
    16-02-11 Atramedes 10 Heroic Normal 15753
    Dirtychoc
    20-02-11 Argaloth 10 Normal Normal 22220
    Dirtychoc
    20-02-11 Maloriak 10 Heroic Normal 17451
    Dirtychoc
    09-02-11 Chimaeron 10 Heroic Normal 19852
    Dirtychoc
    08-02-11 Nefarian 10 Normal Normal 17834

I think feral is doing alright, just gimped when it comes to aoe damage compared to some.
    I don't have dark intent on any fights
    eu(dot)battle(dot)net/wow/en/character/zenedar/dirtychoc/advanced theres my armory
    worldoflogs(dot)com/guilds/88308/rankings/players/ theres the logs

Quote Originally Posted by mowjo View Post
    16 21,695 Mowjo Echelon (EU-Frostmourne) Omnotron Defense System (10N)
    21 42,078 Mowjo Echelon (EU-Frostmourne) Halfus Wyrmbreaker (10H)
    27 20,100 Mowjo Echelon (EU-Frostmourne) Chimaeron (10N)
    33 15,320 Mowjo Echelon (EU-Frostmourne) Twilight Ascendant Council (10N)
    41 24,176 Mowjo Echelon (EU-Frostmourne) Magmaw (10N)
    45 16,495 Mowjo Echelon (EU-Frostmourne) Chimaeron (10H)
    79 19,483 Mowjo Echelon (EU-Frostmourne) Valiona & Theralion (10N)
    101 15,401 Mowjo Echelon (EU-Frostmourne) Atramedes (10N)

my few ranks :>
    Wow 15.4k gets you ranked on Atramedes? My feral pushes that and is still rocking some 333s. I should prolly start parsing. xD

Deleted
    well its pretty easy to get ranked on anything in 10 man heroics at the moment so few people are doing them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fieran 9348074 22.92% 37991.8
    Halfus Normal, obviously that's not a realistic fight for actual dps, but as a comparison it's still ok. Think that's about 108th world at the moment. Wahey.... -.-

Other than that, I get around 21.5k on magmaw, but always forget to WoL it as it's the first fight in there >.<, around 19k on Maloriak if I'm not interrupting.

All depends.
    Digital Rumination
    Plays: Sylvanas EU - Fierae (Druid) | HotS | EVE | PUBG
    Played: Rift | Guild Wars 2 | SW:TOR | BF4 | Smite | LoL | Skyrim
    Ryzen 1920X - 32GB - 980Ti SLI - PCIE NVMe 1GB SSD - Enthoo Primo - Full WC - 4K

Just updated my images Hope you guys can post some images, not a clean ui :/

Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account
    I play in 10 man and you usually do the following DPS post 4.0.6(pre was slightly 500-1k worse):

V&T : 20,5-22k (depending on crit roll mostly)
    Council : 14,5-16k (depending on elemental buffs on P1)
    Cho'gall : 19-20k (depending on how quick eyes are killed)
    Magmaw : 25,5-26k (Actually the head is always down when unheeded warning procs so dps does not vary a lot)
    Omnitron : 20-22,5k (depending on boss order. If the first is Arca then BL and pew-pew big numbers out of the Pool)
    Maloriak : 21-22,5k (depending on how close are aboms to each other(sometimes they get spread out enough not to be hit all at once that hurts AOE dps a lot))
    Atramedes: 16-17,5k (depending on how much I'm targeted by different abilities)
    Chimaeron: 19-20k (depending on how lucky I'm at slime debuff and for how long I'm alive in P2)
    Conclave : 14,5-16,5k (depending on which of Anshal/Rohash I am)
    Alakir : 17-20k (depending on how add kills are timed and for how long I'm alive in P3).

Actually my DPS was pretty good for our raid group but I'm very unlucky with loot(though I've been raiding since the second week of Cata release and killed each boss 8-11 times) - I have only 355 Avg. iLevel and 346 weapon that hurts DPS a lot(I expect 1,5k-2k increase only for Malevolence(372) upgrade)
    I'm from Russia Sorry if my English is bad

That's me : http://vkontakte.ru/id337481

Quote Originally Posted by FeralDruid View Post
    Check the logs, he didn't avoid the firestorm.

You're probably right that in 25 man (at that gear level) it doesn't make a difference if a single melee decides they want to glory-hound and not follow the proper tactics for the encounter. 25 man is more forgiving on that sort of thing, and his tanks/healers are probably geared to the point where keeping everyone alive would be facerollable.

Which is why I don't put any store whatsoever by "rankings".
    Just to step in here, you can easily DPS from behind the boss, and step into the slash intime to help soak and you'll loose next to no DPS doing it, and you don't have to move out of melee range to avoid firestorm either. There is epeening (which would be not soaking and actually standing in the fire) and then there is playing smart ie Moving in front of the boss as Slash is cast, and just strafting around the boss for fire (and moving inside his hitbox too)

Quote Originally Posted by dudu View Post
    im several times ranked and my opinion is:

feral cat dps in 10man heroic is atm terrible.

chimaeron hc : 14k dps rank 60. And this fight is not really a movement boss.

As stateofdps .com says: We are one of the worst dmg classes atm.
    You ranked w/ 14k dps? think i did 20k last nite on chimaeron wilst screwing off using tranquility and battle res...we are fairly capable of good numbers the lack of ppl capable of managing the feral rotation however is very low hell im only semi decent at it.

Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Milkshake86 View Post
    You ranked w/ 14k dps? think i did 20k last nite on chimaeron wilst screwing off using tranquility and battle res...we are fairly capable of good numbers the lack of ppl capable of managing the feral rotation however is very low hell im only semi decent at it.
    Any MM hunter with 359 weapon can pull more then 24k easily on this fight(no movement = aimed shot spam) but no cat can reach this number. That's the problem of our Cata dps... Back then in Lich there're some fights that favored cats more than others and so we were competitive melee DPS class in whole(first of all because of Swipe). Nowadays no fight favors cat. If you look at stateofdps.com you will see cats at the bottom in the any fight with exception of CHimaeron(i think cat's are there're because they suffer least from caustic slime) where we are at the medium. Personally I usually topping charts in our 10m raid so I have no reason to complain.. but actually my damage is the only thing i bring to the raid. Most heroic encounters requires strong aoe, strong burst, kiting, constant(and preferably ranged) cast interruption... all the things that cats are lacking of. If I were in the good (5/13+) guild I doubt I would be taken to raids at all.
    Last edited by 4yBaK; 2011-02-21 at 04:47 PM.
    I'm from Russia Sorry if my English is bad

That's me : http://vkontakte.ru/id337481

Quote Originally Posted by Afrosaurus View Post
    Wow 15.4k gets you ranked on Atramedes? My feral pushes that and is still rocking some 333s. I should prolly start parsing. xD
    Make sure you are looking at your effective dps and not just dps. Your dps can be a metric ton more than what you actually contributed on a fight like Atramedes when there is less time spent on the boss. They key to that fight is getting off your rip and extending it as close to air phase as possible.

I just did Al'akir 25man
    Did 19.1k dps.
    Placed second, behind a paladin... who did 21k

15+ Year Old Account
    10 Man BH - 14.2k DPS last time I did it...

in full PvP Gear (yes, even the resi Medallion .)

Edit: Just hit 17.3k in PvP gear on a HC Boss in Stonecore. Feral is underrated in PvE.
    Last edited by Balduvian; 2011-02-22 at 07:11 PM.

Ok, I've got to be doing something wrong. Let me preface: I'm in a very small guild...to the point where we can't do 10-mans. I'm ok with that because I'm in a guild with my RL friends and don't have to deal with drama. I don't currently have any aspirations of doing 10- or 25-man dungeons at the moment.

All of that being said, I'm in 346 gear, save 3 pieces of 333 gear and 3 pieces of 359 gear. I'm doing what I believe to be the standard feral cat rotation (open with ravage, mangle, rake, shred until 5 combo points and then rip. Keep rip up, keep faerie fire up, keep cooldowns down, etc.) and am lucky to break 10k DPS average throughout the dungeon. Keep in mind, this is in normal and heroic 5-man dungeons. Is this normal? Would I be doing more damage in 10-mans? 25-mans? I'm not a mouse clicker, I'm always behind the target. I've never seen the kind of numbers listed in this thread.

This is all according to recount. I assume that to be the standard tool for DPS measure. Should I be doing something different? Even if I got rid of those three 333 pieces and replaced them with 359s, I don't believe it would bump me up a full 4-6k DPS. All of my gear is gemmed with +40 agi gems, all enchants done per the recommendation in this forum. *Sigh*, I feel like I'm doing everything right. Looking for advice!

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by 4yBaK View Post
    Back then in Lich there're some fights that favored cats more than others and so we were competitive melee DPS class in whole(first of all because of Swipe). Nowadays no fight favors cat. If you look at stateofdps.com you will see cats at the bottom in the any fight with exception of CHimaeron(i think cat's are there're because they suffer least from caustic slime) where we are at the medium.
    Ferals were good in Wrath because of Armor Penetration. But yeah, right now (with hc gear) Ferals are pretty much the worst DPS spec, even behind specs like Arms and Sub rogues that are usually regarded as PvP specs. I think only Frost and Frostfire mages rank lower than kitty druids.

Deleted
    As feral bear I normally push 6k average on a boss fight 10 man normal.

As feral cat with only dps trinkets, cloak and bracers (the rest is my tanking set with tanking enchants/gems) I managed to do 15k on Valiona 10 man normal, did 16k on Chimaeron 10 man normal.

Quote Originally Posted by Clawtrocity View Post
    The only problem with this is that most of the people who go the top numbers with some of the top classes were only because of the first week of 4.0.6 when things were a bit buggy and OP. I know I got ranked a lot higher on a few fights that week as a boomkin only to be nerfed the week after. Same goes for shadow priests and hunters. Not saying feral isn't doing what it should be, but it's not as bad as it seems.
    You can check Raidbot if you want a more current picture although those parses will begin to fall off Staeofdps pretty soon since it uses last 2 weeks. I think it is still safe to say Feral DPS is at least 10% too low. If Blizzard were to fix Feral DPS, and frankly I wouldn't hold my breath, I hope it is in such a way that brings some skill back to the spec.

Not any exhaustive list by any means but FB, Savage Roar and Swipe need huge buffs. FB is useless at the moment, there is no point in using it over Shred. The DPS gain from using Savage Roar is miniscule compared to just using that energy to Shred, it should be meaningful. You could double FB and change SR from 50% to 100% and Feral would still be mediocre DPS but at least the spec wouldn't be brain dead. Feral AoE is terrible, no idea why Swipe was triple nerfed when it was obvious removing ArP was going to make it average. Change Blood in the Water. FB is a finisher, Feral can't spam it every GCD like a Warrior can, this should be changed to around 50%.
    Last edited by teddabear; 2011-02-22 at 10:06 AM.