Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Did VoA have a better tier gear drop rate than BH?

In my memories of WOTLK, it seemed I got more tier gear in VoA than I am seeing drop in BH. Maybe my luck is rotten, but I have yet to see something my armor class can equip on 10 man BH.

Part of it may be the fact I could run 10 and 25 man during WOTLK. Also my memories may be more during the era of 3.1, 3.2 and 3.3 where there were two bosses that dropped relevant item-level gear instead of only one.

According to wowhead, Archavon has 107 items on his loot table. Argaloth in BH has 134 items in his loot table.

Anyone else feeling they are getting less out of the pvp zone loot pinata?

Getting 6 pvp items 4 weeks in a row from 25 man isn't fun.

Quote Originally Posted by LonestarHero View Post
    In my memories of WOTLK, it seemed I got more tier gear in VoA than I am seeing drop in BH. Maybe my luck is rotten, but I have yet to see something my armor class can equip on 10 man BH.

Part of it may be the fact I could run 10 and 25 man during WOTLK. Also my memories may be more during the era of 3.1, 3.2 and 3.3 where there were two bosses that dropped relevant item-level gear instead of only one.

According to wowhead, Archavon has 107 items on his loot table. Argaloth in BH has 134 items in his loot table.

Anyone else feeling they are getting less out of the pvp zone loot pinata?
    That's why you're so unlucky with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Nop I haven't ... France always managed to win the wars ...

Edit: well, you know, kinda.

Quote Originally Posted by Mudkiper View Post
    Getting 6 pvp items 4 weeks in a row from 25 man isn't fun.
    I thought that doing 25 man would give you better luck for the extra organization.

I'm honestly confused why they decided to give these bosses tier gear in the first place, tbh :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mourning View Post
    I'm honestly confused why they decided to give these bosses tier gear in the first place, tbh :P
    This, they are not challenging at all and only make you "hope" you wont have to spend VP on the tier pieces. Sadly, >I< am still to see a single PvE DK DPS drop from that boss since the start of Cata.

Seen all PVP gear drop in 25m for the last 3 weeks. Not worth doing our Tuesday starter BH pre-raid guild-run anymore tbh

I've had amazing luck w/ BH drops.. first week = pvp pants second week = pvp gloves third week = pvp boots.. and the gloves have droped 2 more times since then and no1 has been able to use them.. lol

i've seen 1 pve peice in 7 BH kills, all pvp.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Short answer, hell yes.

ive seen it drop both pvp and pve sets but thonly time it dropped pve dk dps gear was when i wasnt there
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are nice and crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

I have personally never seen a pve drop in Baradin Hold although I have only done it 3 times.
    Ain't no chuch when you're living in the wild

Think I've seen like three PvE pieces, and I have done BH for quite some time now. Meh.

And what's wrong with killing the boss in hope of getting PvE gear instead of buying it? Those VP you spend on Tier11 could have been used for something else which is also an upgrade - if PvE items would drop though. Unless you raid regularly, getting VP and other gear pieces is a sloooow process.

Usually at least 1 PVE item every kill I've done on him.
    But you have to consider the fact that out of the 134 items in his droptable, 96 of them are PVP items so of course there will be a bigger chance for those to drop.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gumdrop House, Lollipop Lane, Happy Land.
    I've seen very few PVE items drop in there. And of course when PVE items have occasionally dropped, it's always an item for the one class that is not present in that particular raid.
    Avatar and signature made by ELYPOP

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    i got my t11 legs the last week and never dropped a tier item for my class in the whole Wotlk, so technically BH tier drop rate tends to infinity compared to VoA for me

Deleted
    I've been running BH on 2 chars every reset and didn't get a single tier item, although my bags are full with pvp ones (not full, but i have 2 pieces on both chars), so it certainly seems so.

10+ Year Old Account
    Considering my VoA history, 0 items since the week it opened till the week it 'closed', I won't run BH.

the chance of pve gear from a boss available through pvp is a bone tossed at people who pvp extensively and therefore aren't earning as much vp as pve-oriented people are, not the other way around.

edit - also, this is only the 11th week baradin hold has been available, your personal anecdotes aren't even enough data to warrant tape on the glasses.
    Last edited by Sidonis; 2011-02-19 at 03:36 AM.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler
    The Arms warrior has pet names for all his weapons, while the Fury warrior shows up for battle drunk and half clothed.

Quote Originally Posted by Sidonis View Post
    the chance of pve gear from a boss available through pvp is a bone tossed at people who pvp extensively and therefore aren't earning as much vp as pve-oriented people are, not the other way around.

edit - also, this is only the 11th week baradin hold has been available, your personal anecdotes aren't even enough data to warrant tape on the glasses.
    One doesn't need a full set of data to have a hunch about something. The personal anecdotes of myself and others is good enough for that.

If I was all out declaring it a fact that the BH tier drop rate is lower than VoA as a fact, I would need more data.