Thread: Fun in BGs

Fun in BGs

Hey guys.

So, here's the thing. I've always loved playing a stealth DPS class and my first character (about a month after launch) was a Feral Druid, although that was back when you only used cat as an opener and then went bear. Ha!

Skip ahead and I've just gotten tired of Ferals right now. The inability to do anything about roots and the lack of interesting mechanics (two passive fire-and-forget damage reductions, rip and the occasional maim as the only legit use for CPs, instant cyclone, bear for bash and bleh regen.. and that's the class in PvP) has really turned me off. I used to love the ability to do damage and heal and playing off that.. now it's just rip, stay alive, get CC'd.)

So I'm thinking of trying out a Rogue. I had a max one towards the end of Vanilla but he was in awful gear when PvP was dominated by tiered gear and it never was all that fun for me. I really like the new abilities, however, and I'm always kind of jealous watching the way Rogues play in BGs (tons of CC, mobility, and now decent damage.)

I'm curious how much fun you guys have as Sub. in BGs. I assume the ideal role is as a node protector/harasser or as a FC killer due to the ability to mess up multiple healers at once. Maybe carrying the flag occasionally when speed cooldowns are all up. It seems like a ton of fun and I'm curious how much you guys enjoy it. Do you find you die rather easily in BGs or are able to use cooldowns to maintain survivability while harassing the piss out of people and putting out some decent damage?

(And note: It's not about FotM. I have an 85 Mage and 85 DK and I can't stand playing either.)

You can have as much fun as possible leveling in BG's from 10-70 by using two buttons, Sap+Ambush, you win. After that its a toss up on skill. But while leveling a rogue, you should have no problems getting under peoples skin with Sapping and Ambushing them.

get opposing teams flag, get a pocket healer(inform him about the following steps) when opposing teams melee squad arrives, make sure they stick to you, trinket/get dispelled,jump off roof edge, SHS back on a melee.
    differences in latency and the delay over the intenet will make it look like you fall down and they'll follow as quick as they can, only to realize half way down that you didnt go down.
    only reason I do bg's atm, even done this on ranged, even more fun with a priest to grip you to 2nd lvl in wsg for when you actully jump 4 real.

side note: rogues are a fantastic class to play if you wana trick your opponents into making mistakes, or control what they'll do next and make up plans of how to counter what.
    It's amazing fun to play sub.
    Last edited by DerGenerale; 2011-02-18 at 10:51 PM. Reason: Ponies are made from love and pixie dust.
    The time you enjoyed wasting was not wasted at all.

Unless you enjoy being kited a lot and really having to choose your fights, rogue probably isn't going to be much fun. In my opinion (and this comes from 5 years of PvPing with a rogue through ups and downs), rogue is about the least fun BG class at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderbleem View Post
    Unless you enjoy being kited a lot and really having to choose your fights, rogue probably isn't going to be much fun. In my opinion (and this comes from 5 years of PvPing with a rogue through ups and downs), rogue is about the least fun BG class at the moment.
    respec sub

sub is absolutely amazing. tons of tools and utility and survivability and decent mobility too... it's great.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If [the dps] are on the wrong target, then they are playing badly and should be corrected and / or mocked, depending on how you roll.

if you are alliance, subtlety wont still kill anything, due to more healers in horde.
    Random BG without premade for alliance rogues is hard. For horde it is a lot easier, most times there are premades within.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MysticRatboy View Post
    if you are alliance, subtlety wont still kill anything, due to more healers in horde.
    Random BG without premade for alliance rogues is hard. For horde it is a lot easier, most times there are premades within.
    thats on your server... on my server, the horde usually doesnt have any healers

Quote Originally Posted by MysticRatboy View Post
    lol.... I'm queueing up with 2 heals on horde, and we get...the 2 heals we queued up with, against 4 pug healers on ally. your generalized statement is generally wrong.....
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If [the dps] are on the wrong target, then they are playing badly and should be corrected and / or mocked, depending on how you roll.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorlakand View Post
    thats on your server... on my server, the horde usually doesnt have any healers
    Same here..... on the BG's ive played on throughout the years, alliance have always had the most healers, while the horde had few, or none. Don't know if that got something to do with people rolling alliance as the "good" guys, being all nice, helpfull, rainbows n pony's n all that.
    Assistant (to the) Regional Manager.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderbleem View Post
    Sub mobility is still pretty bad.
    only if you dont know how to use Sub's mobility, other than that Sub is great