Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Well after the patch dealing with melee is VERY hard for me at the moment but thats what i have team-mates for to peel - to me warlocks are about preasure and CC not all out burst, im liking where they are at the moment just dislike the felarmor and CoEx nerfs :P

---------- Post added 2011-02-20 at 03:17 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Boyiee View Post
    Please stop posting these threads. If warlocks were so broken then there wouldn't be multiple tier1 3s comps with locks.

Warlocks are fantastic right now, if you are having a problem then it is most likely user error. Get more resil (3000-3800) use a different comp, change your teammates or just get better.
    you forget that most R1 teams have been together for ages so they most likley wont change players as they are amazing already. if you want to see real representation for classes look @ 1800-2400 rating where most people play? not the ultra high 2600+ where people have played that comp for years most of the time.

---------- Post added 2011-02-20 at 03:34 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Migari View Post
    This sums everything up tbh.

You can DoT every enemy up to deal constant DMG to 3 + people. As far as I know, the silience from UA got no DR which means that if you time a combo with your friend you can easily lock the enemy down for like 13 seconds.
    it shouldnt have a DR either at the momment UA is horrible. Free Dispels for the other team - its so aggrovating that dispelling UA can and is 995 of the time profit. bring back UA being a punishment where if your stupid enough to dispel it chances are you lose the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Please stop posting these threads. If warlocks were so broken then there wouldn't be multiple tier1 3s comps with locks.

Warlocks are fantastic right now, if you are having a problem then it is most likely user error. Get more resil (3000-3800) use a different comp, change your teammates or just get better.
    Must be a mage complaining.
    What tier1 comps u talking about? Since 4.0.6 i don't see any tier1 comps with a lock in t3 anymore... Only teams with a lock there achieved that rank in 4.0.3 and only play 1 match a week to stay there.

If warlocks get buffed, for the love of god nerf their port. No class needs to nuke and have the ability to port out of los.
    what nuke u talking about? U mean those dots that hit far less then shadowpriest dots and boomy dots? Thats not a nuke, thats dmg where people laugh at.
    Oh look at me, i can do 4k dps because i have some dots on u but u can just dispell those and have a good laugh at us or u just pop a shield and see how all our damage gets absorbed. Nice nuke we have, dont you think?
    Btw, any chance ur a mage and ur jealous because we have something that looks like blink but
    1) requires us to drop a circle first
    2) isnt useable during stuns
    3) doesnt break stuns.
    4) has a longer cd
    5) requires us to be in the range of our circle

demo circle is nice, but not nice nice like blink is. It has some good uses like in blade edge arena, but it will never beat the usefullness of blink.

Quote Originally Posted by Boocifer View Post
    As affliction I run with 2400+ rated bg players but in arena .. I don't even feel like doing it anymore. The lack of defensive cooldowns as well as nerfing our CoEx makes it really sad. Some kind of interrupt protection would be nice at the very least, so we can get a haunt out .. even though everything will be dispelled anyways.
    have to agree as a shaman i decurse bane,ground UA or Haunt (whichever comes first) and shear the next cast. feel like locks just stand there thinking what to do next. the 12% nerf was uneccessary

Deleted
    blizzard need to do something, or they can go eat my balls

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shamann View Post
    have to agree as a shaman i decurse bane,ground UA or Haunt (whichever comes first) and shear the next cast. feel like locks just stand there thinking what to do next. the 12% nerf was uneccessary
    gotta agree. while ele is already anoying with grounding totem and wind shear, resto has insane dispelling powar and enh seems to have 0.1 sec atk speed. Just the pushbacks from melee hits+ wolves makes it extremely hard to kill em, not adding the interupt and grounding they have. We need like 10sec to get a cast off against an enh shammy and they just laugh at the dmg.

Quote Originally Posted by butterzz View Post
    What tier1 comps u talking about? Since 4.0.6 i don't see any tier1 comps with a lock in t3 anymore... Only teams with a lock there achieved that rank in 4.0.3 and only play 1 match a week to stay there.

Actually I'm a lock that's quite happy with where I'm at. Almost 55% damage reduction from all sources, what do I need more defensive cooldowns for? What is there to complain about???????? If anything 'Im complaining about the complainers that just cry and don't try to get better. They aren't stacking enough resil, not teleporting on cd with glyph, not playing the right comps, demon armor etc.

What high tier comps? RLS? Shadowplay? Shadowcleave? MLS/D?

if you want to see real representation for classes look @ 1800-2400 rating where most people play?
    Locks have HUGE arena representation above 2400 where it matters - I honestly can care less about "where most people play" because there is a lower skill level, and it's honestly not hard to attain. You mitigate so much damage as a warlock, and your job is not to burst someone down. You apply pressure to the entire group, annoy with fears and cc rotations, and let your partner who is the bursty class like a DK or Warrior hammer someone down.

Also, if I was a mage, I wouldn't be complaining because I'd also have a class thats playable with many different comps and has great representation, just like with warlock. Not many classes work so well with different group setups like warlock does because of the amount of pressure that the lock provides while mitigating more damage taken then most other classes. How can you be unhappy with near 70% damage reduction and instant pets? Portal more, have your teammates start gemming resil and running 3500+ like you, win games.

edit: I can sympathize with some of the complaints and whatnot, and I understand some others - but using terms like "broken" and "unplayable" really are going overboard guys. These threads pop up almost daily, they even existed pre-4.0.6 and I mean come on. There are many other classes that could use a lot more pvp work than warlock right now, we are not in that bad of a place if in one at all. Sure tweaks could be made here and there, same with 9 other classes, but broken? Eat my balls blizzard? Give me a break. If you keep complaining they might take notice, and make a change for the better, but we'll probably have to sacrifice with it as well like losing soul link. Look at DK's, happily-unhappy. Things are given, and things are taken away. Do you really want that? Broken? lol I'm sorry but I just can't get over that word.
    Last edited by Boyiee; 2011-02-21 at 08:14 PM.
    Top 100.

edit: I can sympathize with some of the complaints and whatnot, and I understand some others - but using terms like "broken" and "unplayable" really are going overboard guys. These threads pop up almost daily, they even existed pre-4.0.6 and I mean come on. There are many other classes that could use a lot more pvp work than warlock right now, we are not in that bad of a place if in one at all. Sure tweaks could be made here and there, same with 9 other classes, but broken? Eat my balls blizzard? Give me a break. If you keep complaining they might take notice, and make a change for the better, but we'll probably have to sacrifice with it as well like losing soul link. Look at DK's, happily-unhappy. Things are given, and things are taken away. Do you really want that? Broken? lol I'm sorry but I just can't get over that word.
    idd they arent broken but UA being dispelled is just so broken

Your complaining about Affli hmm .. even played destro in cata ?

Deleted
    i dont enjoy playing warlock anymore, we are like paper becouse of the fel armor nerf(atleast destro). Gemming full resi and lets see does it make any difference

maybe warriors wont rape me that fast when i hit 3.8k-4k resi:P

Quote Originally Posted by atrocious View Post
    i dont enjoy playing warlock anymore, we are like paper becouse of the fel armor nerf(atleast destro). Gemming full resi and lets see does it make any difference

maybe warriors wont rape me that fast when i hit 3.8k-4k resi:P
    You die to warriors as destro ? O.o

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by savvasp View Post
    You die to warriors as destro ? O.o
    Warriors will destroy any class in seconds of you cant kite/cc them.

Deleted
    well i hope blizzard looks into this thread, becuase OUR class is broken!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by charnyl View Post
    Warlocks are not fine. Read this rather lengthy, but highly informative and accurate post on the official forums and be amazed:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2065790724

---------- Post added 2011-02-19 at 07:39 AM ----------

Did have plenty of warlocks. Warlock representation has dropped substantially since the patch and still dropping. Check the current reports and be sure the data looked at is post-patch.
    That Relmesh post is awesome and it's exactly what every single warlock should do, we can't keep being quiet... we must reveal!

Deleted
    Also what i know, rated bg has been out for 1-2 month now! AND STILL THE SOUL LINK BUG ISNT FIXED? WTF?!??!?!? WHAT IS THE PROBLEM TO FIX A FUCKING BUG!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by butterzz View Post

what nuke u talking about? U mean those dots that hit far less then shadowpriest dots and boomy dots? Thats not a nuke, thats dmg where people laugh at.
    Oh look at me, i can do 4k dps because i have some dots on u but u can just dispell those and have a good laugh at us or u just pop a shield and see how all our damage gets absorbed. Nice nuke we have, dont you think?
    Btw, any chance ur a mage and ur jealous because we have something that looks like blink but
    1) requires us to drop a circle first
    2) isnt useable during stuns
    3) doesnt break stuns.
    4) has a longer cd
    5) requires us to be in the range of our circle

demo circle is nice, but not nice nice like blink is. It has some good uses like in blade edge arena, but it will never beat the usefullness of blink.
    I was saying if they get buffed like someone above me was saying they should get buffed with a Nuke that they shouldn't have the port or they should nerf the port.

And I play an enhance shaman. I have no problems with locks pre-patch or post patch the only problem I have is that damn port and the ability to port out of LoS.
    Last edited by Lovepump; 2011-02-21 at 02:50 AM. Reason: To say what class I am to this guy, you can't spell assumption with out Ass

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lovepump View Post
    I was saying if they get buffed like someone above me was saying they should get buffed with a Nuke that they shouldn't have the port or they should nerf the port.

And I play an enhance shaman. I have no problems with locks pre-patch or post patch the only problem I have is that damn port and the ability to port out of LoS.
    And because the only problem you have with warlocks is their portal, it should just removed? Nice. I think wolves should be removed from enh. shammies. And Grounding totem. And Wind Sheer. Because I can't beat them if they keep that shit. /facepalm

----

I don't think we are broken, but especially Demo and Destro have some issues in PvP. I'm doing well as a Demo in random BGs, but that's not really something :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Volviga View Post
    And because the only problem you have with warlocks is their portal, it should just removed? Nice. I think wolves should be removed from enh. shammies. And Grounding totem. And Wind Sheer. Because I can't beat them if they keep that shit. /facepalm

----

I don't think we are broken, but especially Demo and Destro have some issues in PvP. I'm doing well as a Demo in random BGs, but that's not really something :P
    I like people who read what they want to read, if you guys get a nuke and get a buff what would be wrong with nerfing the duration of the portal? They nerfed the duration of wolves and took the spell lock out away from our interrupt.

I know that all classes get balanced separately and that it's not always the case that just because one thing gets buffed another gets nerfed I'm just saying as a player who plays another class that my opinion on it, as unpopular as it is, is that^^.

I must just play in a bad BG or something though because there are a lot of locks that are in high ends 3s. In fact 5 of the top 10 teams are lock teams.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorados View Post
    Warlocks do not have a lack of defensive cooldowns... I play Elemental Shaman and Demonolgy Warlock in PvP, and my lock has an insanely greater chance of surviving dangerous situations than my Shaman does even without heals. If anyone has a lack of survival it's Elemental Shaman.
    I feel your pain there. I play a hunter. Which seems pretty similar to an ele in arenas. Big burst, squishy as heck.

Of course, I'm just asking for pain trying to arena on a hunter anyway.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lovepump View Post
    If warlocks get buffed, for the love of god nerf their port. No class needs to nuke and have the ability to port out of los.
    Hahaha. 1/10, wait.... 2/10! I've got tears in my eyes.
    You cant handle with our only gap opener besides fear? "no class needs" means no class should have "unique" spells? An indeed very unique spell, which is truly a changed copy of blink. Our damage, no matter if its strong or weak now or whenever, needs long ramp-up time, do you understand? Consequently you won't do much damage if a warrior sits on you. Fear is only one tool for escaping/damage/survival/cc , demonic circle an important other one. So a circle nerf hits so much more areas of warlock pvp than you could think of.

Crying for a escape-mechanic nerf if wls get a damage buff is just ridiculous. But thx for the insight in your thinking of "if I received a nerf, so should others".
    And plz tell me where wls are able to nuke at the moment or what sort of buffs do you expect?

... And yes, i know im feeding trolls right here.
    Last edited by mmoc2b0bcd8f6a; 2011-02-21 at 03:55 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not trolling, you guys are just jaded from people who do troll. And again no one reads what I type. Some one else in the thread said warlocks need to get a nuke and be buffed. So I'm sorry that I don't like the fact you guys can port out of LoS. I'm glad you can read so much into what I type though.
    Last edited by Lovepump; 2011-02-21 at 04:17 PM.