Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    HoSac is simple, it caps out at 100% your max health OR lasts 12 seconds.

Yes, it can easily kill you if you're not aware of your own health. Nef Crackle, Chimaeron pre-Mortality, Atramedes (when you have high sound before Modulation), certain add mixes of Halfus, Cho'gall (p2), Council (p2). Basically use common sense, since it can kill you. There is nothing baked into the skill that will prevent you from dying to the damage taken. In most cases PotI can easily compensate for the damage taken unless it's very large unavoidable raid wide damage.

It works beautifully in most cases especially on a tank who mitigates/avoids a lot of damage taken. It works great to alleviate Mortal Strike debuffs on tanks. It will break Polymorph, Sap, Blind, Repentance, Seduce. It won't immediately break Fear, Hex, but may help to reduce their duration.

My only gripe with the Hand spells are their 30 yard range vs. 40 yards.
    Last edited by stryhf; 2011-02-20 at 01:08 AM.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Migari
    It can happen (I guess?) but very unlikely. Considering it only absorbs 30% DMG it would have to be one hell of a hit.
    Eternal's right, it was an un-tranq'd Horror, I panicked, HoSacc'd the tank and killed myself a GCD later.

HoSac can still kill you if you don't pay attention. It won't stop unless it's taken 100% of your max HP or canceled. If you aren't in a good position to give up that potential 100% of your HP, it may not be a good idea to use it.
    Last edited by Rlyskilled; 2011-02-19 at 10:59 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    My holy pala friend refuses to use Hand of Sacrifice - is he right?
    No, he is not.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonuts View Post
    Pretty sad when being deathgripped is my most reliable gap closer! THAT is some BS too.