10 man Cho'gall help!

My guild has been progressing fairly well IMHO. We are currently 9/12 missing only the last 3 end bosses and we decided to try to hit up Cho'gall first.

Our raid composition is as follows:

Tanks
    Prot Pally
    Prot Warrior

Healers
    Resto Druid
    Holy Priest

DPS
    Unholy/Frost DK
    MM/Surv Hunter
    Fire Mage
    Fire Mage
    Balance Druid
    Ele Shaman

we have some room to sub out in fact we have a fire mage come in for our holy pally so we could 2 heal this since our healers could handle it.

We've been on this encounter for about 2 weeks now and we simply can not get this boss past the 20% mark. Our healers tend to be fine on mana but people (particularly our tanks) die either before or immediately at the start of phase 2. We tried three healing it and we would reach 6-7 adds before we could get the boss down to 25% and when we 2 heal it we can get him a little bit before the 4th.

Any suggestions?

Sounds like your dps is bit low, and/or your tanks are lil undergeared, my 10man just killed Cho'Gall for the 2nd time on weds and we 3 heal it too and transition into p2 before the 4th fester blood.

There is also the possibilty of your group potentially not understanding the corruption and are getting up too high before P2

Your dps is extremely low if you're reaching 6-7 adds with 3 healers. There's absolutely no reason why you should be having that many adds. Your goal should be to aim for 4 adds until you hit p2. During p2 your top priority is obviously the tentacles and you're going to NEED to interrupt their cast. Other then that I don't know how to help you. Our guild runs the set up of 2 tanks 3 healers and 5 dps and we're fine with only 4 big adds until p2.

Our DPS is pulling the following.
    Unholy/Frost DK 12-13k
    MM/Surv Hunter - 16-18k
    Ele Shaman - 13-14k
    Fire Mage - 12-14k
    Fire Mage2 - 10-11k
    Balance Druid - 12-13k

(you can take our fire mage2 if we were to run with 3 healers)

Make sure when players hit 50 corruption they turn away from the raid, so they don't puke on others. My guild pulled Cho'gall to a wall just before phase so the tentacles spawned closer, and make sure to stack more ranged to get through the first phase.

We're not having a corruption problem. The highest corruption we've had heading into phase 2 is 32 and that was a one time deal. For the most part we are all either at 20 or lower. Most being a 0 and a few at 10.

Deleted
    hmm maybe the tanks having problems taunting off cho´gall from each other? Maybe its the corruption, its not really hard to avoid the shadow flying thingy from adds in phase 1. And with 6 dps its easier to interupt tentacles in phase 2. but if dps is good i´d say try more with 3 healers.

EDIT: if its not corruption its either dps/interupt add problem, or that the damage get to great in p2 -> go 3 healers
    Last edited by mmocc4baf11d9d; 2011-02-19 at 04:32 AM.

my guild stands at 4 cho'gall kills i think, second kill we oneshotted him (only to go on Omnotron to wipe with trials, lol) we still use 3 healers simply because we got enough dps with the 5 we got. if your dps average is below 16-17k u need to pump earlier on the adds and maybe change out a healer for a dps. If tanks die hard make them practice tank switching. Also the small adds cant be tanked, they add alot of corruption on players they hit. Also keep in mind that the Corruption crash or what it's called can hit tanks and they have to pay attention on that aswell. Sounds to me like your tanks die from undergearing or stacking up corruption from things they shouldn't do.

Tanks should only tank Cho'Gall and the big add. Once the big add is dead go back and get ready to tank switch, if you're a druid or paladin selfheal etc before tank switching if the debuff hasnt gone up on the other tank aswell. Also whoever tanks the big add has to interviene, heroic leap, lifegrip or jump out of the black aoe when big adds die, it deals alot of damage and adds corrupton fast. Bringing a big mob down to 5-10% and then letting tank get into position before killing helps alot on placement of the small adds and tanks corruption level.

As for dps, make sure you time your knockbacks, looks like you got 3-4 knockbacks and atleast 2 aoe snares. Use them in time and NOONE can get hit by the slime.

*edit*
    there's no way for your tanks to almost die instantly at 20% if your dps is killing tentacles fast enough and keep interrupting the ones that target your healers/tank.
    Only way the tanks would take alot of damage otherwise is if they get puked at, 100 corruption or having almost full corruption and the aoe + corruption damage + halfus damage hits in less than 2seconds.
    If your healers arent starving for mana make them work harder on keeping tanks up. DPS can sit for couple seconds at 70% without needing any aoe heals. Worry a bit less on dps health than tank Health, like it's allways been

good luck, just keep trying. My guild took him down after 50min progress in 10man. it's not that hard if everyone does their part.
    Last edited by Huntingbear_grimbatol; 2011-02-19 at 04:37 AM.

Are your tanks are still swapping when he casts fury in p2?
    Is your dk barfing on the tanks in p2?
    Are you interrupting Depravity & avoiding Corrupting Crash during p1?
    Are you getting sloppy with Worship right before p2?

It would be good to see some logs for your attempts since tanks dropping in p2 is usually the last thing that happens.

as above stated seems to be dps issue, dunno class to class since i dont have one 1 each, but 10-14k seems tad low? should be 14+ atleast?

Probably a combination of both dps issue and tank issue then, that dps is quite a bit lower then you want for this. Especially considering p2 is basicly a burn phase.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah you need heavy heals on the tank if people worship him or depravity.
    I think cho'gall took our guild 10-20 minutes to down? I don't remember, it was 2 attempts then a kill so like 15 minutes maybe, but we got him after the second attempt, the only way we died was at the last phase, people didn't interrupt the adds and/or kill them. They are a priority, we didn't kill them second attempt and wiped at 1%

6-7 adds? Dude, your DPS is wayyyyyy low. You shouldn't have more then four, and even four is kind of alot.

If your dps is that low, i'm going to also assume people are sucking on interrupts.

need to leave one of your ranged on Cho'gall the whole time with the DK, preferably the ele shaman or hunter.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler
    The Arms warrior has pet names for all his weapons, while the Fury warrior shows up for battle drunk and half clothed.

Tanks getting gibbed @ 20%? Sounds like people aren't interrupting tentacles/killing them fast enough.

I tank cho'gall the entire fight from 100% to 0%, with the exception of the couple of seconds my OT has him when he's taunting for Fury of Cho'gall.

Unless there are tentacles beams on me, I pretty much spend all of p2 ~ 90% hp. If your DPS are having difficulty with tentacles, consider having your tanks switch off on tanking cho'gall w/e one of them has a beam on them? otherwise Make sure whoever the 'ot' is, is also dpsing/interrupting tentacles (I like having my prot warrior OT on tentacles. Shockwave is for pwn). Between AS and Shockwave, me and my warrior are pretty much able to keep the tentacles silenced the entire time they're up. Also make sure your Bdruid is placing their AoE silence at least every other tentacle spawn (which really shouldn't be more than 4-5 times)