Thread: Legacy of Kain

Deleted

Legacy of Kain

I played all of the previous games (5 in total)
    Blood omen 1 and 2
    Soul reaver 1 and 2
    and defaince
    with all the lore around it and the physical soul reaver finaly becoming whole (after it became imbeud(sp?)with Raziëls soul)
    kain was finaly ably to see the truth and see the old god that was commanding raziël
    however only a small portion was destroyed (as far as i know) and if i am not mistaken kain would set out to fully destroy it, now that he could see it.
    But i have heard nothing yet of a final sequal to the story and game in total
    does anyone know anything if something like this is going to happen in the future?( i am realy hoping for 1 more part )

btw the legacy of kain series is so far my favorite of all the games i played (to many to count) and i am realy hoping for a last part
    did any of you people play this series? and what was your favorite of the 5 , mine is soul reaver 1 dunno why but it just is, closely followed by defaince.
    the least favorite is blood omen 2, it somehow just does not fit with the rest of the series.
    what do you people think? or know ?

I've been waiting to hear about a new Legacy of Kain game for a long time now, but there hasn't been a peep about it. Soul Reaver was the first one I played, and it was such a good game.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Defiance closed the series, they (the guys who makes the game) even stated that it's over /sadface

HOWEVER!

One can still hope... Kain is BEYOND badass!

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Deleted

The guys who make it, crystal dynamics have made all the latest tomb raider games. Legend(2006), Anniversary(2007), Underworld(2008), Guardians of Light(2010) and the upcoming "Tomb Raider". The legacy of kain series is still my favourite video game series of all time though. Soul Reaver and the parts where you had to jump in the water with the elder god still scare the crap out of me and make me nervous to do it even though I know it doesn't do anything :P

10+ Year Old Account
    However sad this makes me, it's not going to happen. The creative team behind the Legacy of Kain split up and are doing different things. No to mention the fact that Tony Jay - the voice of the Elder God - died... I can't imagine a game that would wrap up the LoK series without the Elder God, or it speaking a different voice.

i remember playing BO2. The game consisted only of wheels you had to turn and levers you had to pull. That's it.

Quote Originally Posted by dense View Post
    i remember playing BO2. The game consisted only of wheels you had to turn and levers you had to pull. That's it.
    Blood Omen 2 is probably the worst game in the series though, so it's not really fair to judge the rest of them off of that turd.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dense View Post
    We don't talk about BO2 round these parts.
    BO2 was... not very good. And by "not very good" I mean it pretty much sucked. The only good thing about it was Kain, but even he didn't have many memorable quotes.

Yea if you actually took the time to look up info about it you would see what the posters above said about the team breaking up. This is very very old news. Tho I always wish they will make another I doubt it will happen. All I could ever see is another company picking up the title an remaking the older ones.
    Just like with the people wanting a remake of Final Fantasy 7. The guy who has the rights to the title or w/e said he will only do it if the original team gets back together. And last I checked they were all on different projects. Do I think it will eventually happen? yes Will LoK ever continue ? highly doubt it.
    "I'm Tru @ w/e I do" ~ TM

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tru View Post
    Yea if you actually took the time to look up info about it you would see what the posters above said about the team breaking up. This is very very old news. Tho I always wish they will make another I doubt it will happen. All I could ever see is another company picking up the title an remaking the older ones.
    Just like with the people wanting a remake of Final Fantasy 7. The guy who has the rights to the title or w/e said he will only do it if the original team gets back together. And last I checked they were all on different projects. Do I think it will eventually happen? yes Will LoK ever continue ? highly doubt it.
    They did make a, if not numerous, remakes of FF7.

LoK was my favorite set of games because of the kain character. Voice/pride/ditching raz made him cold and ... fun?

I still check every 3-6 months to see if theres news for a sequal. Kinda left the story hangin.

No other game has had a more immersing lore than the LoK series. Defiance really did me right, closing everything up. I also loved playing as Kain and Raziel at the same time. I played the game all the way through 4 times just because I love how the story unfolds.

Deleted

Spoiler warning!

Quote Originally Posted by Tykus View Post
    LoK was my favorite set of games because of the kain character. Voice/pride/ditching raz made him cold and ... fun?

I still check every 3-6 months to see if theres news for a sequal. Kinda left the story hangin.

[Spoilers]

They didn't really leave the story hanging. Kain now knows everything and is free of his original corruption, the pillars were just corrupted meaning the murder of the guardians has happened. Although he can't stop it completely from happening as the corruption of the pillars was a matter of humans more then vampires. Moebius no longer has the backing of the elder god. Kain knows what will happen and is there to prevent and mediate for the best possible outcome in his new role as an uncorrupted guardian.
    [/Spoilers]

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    They did make a, if not numerous, remakes of FF7.
    No they didn't. They made sequels, prequels and spin-offs, but never a remake.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kisuro View Post
    No they didn't. They made sequels, prequels and spin-offs, but never a remake.
    http://www.toy-tma.com/electronic-to...sy-vii-remake/ it's coming atleast.
    Though I admit, I thought that atleast one of the billion spin-offs/sequels/prequels were a remake.

EDIT:
    Urgh :s
    Apparently that was an aprils fool :S

Deleted
    oh i did not know the voice of the elder god died
    his voice for the elder god was just more then perfect
    and about our bastard BO2 the only thing it shows us is the team of generals he had before his raziel, turel and the others ( i forgot the names) one starts with a D the final boss in soul reaver1, 1 starts with a Z (the spider boss) then you also have the water boss
    i played soul reaver so much that i could finnish the game in 8 hours and get all the secrets
    what i never managed to do however is get all the blood omen 1 secrets .. i never got over 65/100
    btw my favorite combo in blood omen was the flame sword and the bone armor .. that looked so badass
    and some of the spells OMG