Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Quote Originally Posted by Varyk View Post
    bragging about mediocrity is pointless.
    Assuming you know what I'm talking about is pointless. I was defending the fact that I'm not broke and can afford the enchant, I'm not bragging that I'm rich, idiot. Nothing constructive? Then don't post.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Floross View Post
    Is mending the cheap alternative for an offspec, non raiding chant ?
    Mending or Mongoose would be the cheap alternatives, yes.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

On my realm the mats are running about 12k. And from that perspective, I honestly don't think it's worth it until you have what will likely be your personal best in slot weapon.

For example, for paladin/warrior if you don't think you'll be able to kill heroic Maloriak for another few months, then I think it's worth investing into enchanting the regular version of the Maloriak weapon. Because whatever you've got might likely be your best in slot for a long time. On the other hand, if you're only a few weeks from potentially killing him I'd certainly wait.

This is assuming that your guild doesn't supply you with crystals.

It's a very nice enchant, but there are likely to be other places to invest your gold that help your tanking abilities and guild progression. For example, do you even have a good weapon yet? If not, you could always buy a soul blade. Do you have crappy shoulders? Buy the BoE ones, they're really good. Perhaps you're like me and you sometimes regem/reforge per progression fight? Use that gold for those expenses.

I think what I'm saying is that gold is probably better spend on gear upgrades where you need them than on a 12k enchant for a weapon that might be replaced soon.

If you're "rich" however, then your critera can change a bit since you can afford it.
    Hermes - Share cooldown status with raid/party.
    http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-a...ls/hermes.aspx

15+ Year Old Account
    My guild supplies people with enchants as the crystals become available in order of importance from best enchant to worst enchant.

Windwalk is obviously the best enchant, so as soon as we got the Maloriak regular weapon, boom, Windwalk.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

My guild saves them for tank and healers :S ( Like saves them, as in takin dust in gbank ). Had to shelf 12k for Landslide. (Their reasoning: "We wanna wait and see if Ashkandi drops and if you get it" )

P.S. Sorry to butt in on a prot subject, just wanted to rant.

I absolutely love it. The speed boost is amazing and it procs all the time. <3 it on Al'Akir especially.

I dream of a WoW were I can double fist this enchant and rogue tank. Ah the good old days of BC.
    On topic its worth the cost like Simca said my guild does the same we have a number of groups running and each have an enchanter that bought one of each of the nice raid enchants. I find it funny though that people are still worried about gold costs its so easy to make gold now took me 3 days to get the gold for 2 landslides granted my realm crystals are 1500 is all.
    Rogues don't have loyalties, they have contracts and their blades are purchased in gold.

Deleted
    Yes, it is worth it.