Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by SilkforCalde View Post
    Where's the people talking about amazing books like Joe Abercrombie's recent The First Law trilogy? That shit was absolutely great. But nooo... people still talk about that ridiculous Drizzt crap that didn't even read like it had a storyline. Ugh. So depressing.
    Maybe they arent talking about that because Logen Ninefingers didnt have any special weapons or equipment, which is what the point of this thread was. When you keep that in mind, Drizzt's two scimitars are better than anything in The First Law trilogy, because, well, anything is better than nothing.

However, judging by your posts, you didnt even read the topic, and just saw an opportunity to belittle other people and jumped at the chance.

Gotrek's axe, and to a lesser (much lesser) extent, Felix's sword.

I hate when people just bash other people's opinions in books. Hate RA Salvatore or not, he's sold a ton of books and had many NY Times best sellers. One internet tough guy's opinion is not the final word.

Also, how has nobody mentioned Narsil/Anduril yet?

10+ Year Old Account
    Uhm..By the way!

Does the Demon Soul count as a "Fantasy novel trinket" since it was in WotA? If so, that's the one my vote goes to! =D
    If you add me on Steam, Skype or whatever program/client I share my info for, please write something to identify you in the "Dude/gal wants to join your club"-message. Just so I know that an actual human is on the other end :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mnemon View Post
    Also, how has nobody mentioned Narsil/Anduril yet?
    cant forget Sting!

Quote Originally Posted by Calzaeth View Post
    Why has no one mentioned Ron Weasley's Deluminator yet?

Idc that there are many better books out there than the Harry Potter-series, but who would NOT love having a widget that turns off all light in the vicinity?
    I have one of those widgets. It's called a light switch.
    I think the invisibility cloak would be a little more useful.

Quote Originally Posted by oldandmean View Post
    the one ring of course
    Well played sir, well played.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigercat View Post
    Don't use facts, they unsettle peoples' prejudices, and once that happens the flames start.
    Quote Originally Posted by krethos View Post
    Its Science, just ask Albert Einstien, he invented Space

10+ Year Old Account
    96.87% of the time, in my room. The other 3.13%? Pooping.
    Already into this.
    The Night Angel Trilogy. Kylaar Stern's blade, Iures, and the legendary blade Curoch.
    I've actually named some of my characters after these weapons.
    To give a brief description..
    Iures was a blade that could allow the wielder to weave magic in the most intricate ways possible.
    Curoch was the brother-blade to Iures, and it increased the wielder's magical prowess, so to speak. They could weave the most powerful spells you could imagine. Sadly, few men that wielded this one actually lived in a sane state.
    And, if you'd count it, the Black Ka'kari was the best weapon in the book, or that I've ever heard. It was a tiny, black pearlescent orb that could meld into or onto the user's body, and it was nicknamed "The Devourer" because it could devour anything it came into contact with, and if the user actually died, he could come back to life because the ka'kari could devour life force around him and use it to fuel his own. Also, the wielder could turn invisible.
    All in all, some really badass weapons.

EDIT: Forgot to add one of the reasons I loved the weapons in the first place.
    All three of these will bend, and mold, to the user's command. Iures and Curoch both could be either a dagger, a sword, a mace, whatever you could imagine. I remember someone even turned Iures into a gauntlet so he wouldn't have to actually carry it.
    Last edited by Curoch; 2011-02-22 at 04:57 AM.

The Horn of Eld (The Dark Tower). No weapon, necklace, or trinket ever ticked me off so much in my life.
    Discipline is a vehicle for joy.

My first post, and in such a geeky thread too <3

...I've read literally hundreds of fantasy novels and yet I have remembering any piece of personal equipment that I'd actually care to mention here. I remember dozens of _characters_ that'll stick with me forever, but not their stuff. Things that talk > objects, no matter how powerful.

That being said, I'll second the nomination of Terminus Est from Book of the New Sun. Very classy piece of kit. Possibly Dragniphur from The Malazan Book of the Fallen-series. I always liked the grimness of a sword containing a pocket universe holding all the souls of everything it had ever slain enslaved.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Curoch View Post
    The Night Angel Trilogy.
    One of the best series I have ever read hands down.
    For sure the Black Ka'Kari would hands down be the most badass and useful weapons without a doubt, of course the downside to it is the whole if you die it brings you back to life at the expense of the life of a loved one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    I must say clouds sword or the gunblade.
    While the gunblade is nice clouds sword nt ao much try guts' sword from Berserk if you want big and mean.

As for me hmm i don't read regular books as much as i do manga r watch anime but book wise maybe the Dagger of the Void from The Sovereign Stone Trilogy. Damn thing makes undead slaves of the guys you kill up to 40 i think and their remaining lifespan is added to your own. They are also shapeshifters(just other humanoid forms) who can only be found out by animals with any accuracy and it comes with spiffy unholy armor that is impenetrable to normal weapons..