Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    It's a gimmick and most enjoy it.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kawlisse View Post
    I love 3d especially in gaming batman arkham asylum is awesome in 3d don't know why you guys hate it so much, kinda like saying I hate teleportariom because it saves me hours in traffic !!!
    Perhaps you don't know because you didn't read the posts explaining why.

Back on topic though, 3D is fine, if you like it it's an option for you. I just hate how 2D is shoved aside for it. Up until 2 weeks before release my local cinema was advertising Tron ONLY in 3D, none of the staff could tell me if it was being released in 2D and I was not looking forward to the journey to the next town just to see a film instead of a local 5 min trip.

I watched the newest resident evil movie the other week, not in 3D mind you, but the amount of times they stopped everything in order to make a "THIS WOULD LOOK BITCHIN COOL IN 3D!" seqeunce was amazing... Like every 5 minutes they would have 30-40 seconds of slow motion throwing something/jumping at the screen/bullets flying/whatever type thing, that just looked stupid.
    If you have to make it 3D, atleast make sure it works without it too

i personaly have a hard time seeing the 3D effect (tested both activ and passiv) and hugh portion on the ppl in the world can't see/ gets sick when watching 3D.

and then we come to 3D at home just the bandwith needed to watch 3D is sick. also you will needed a 120 Hz screen running at 60 fps witch is just a shame when you can have a 120 fps with gives a slightly better picture quality and smoothness (btw i am just gonna say this to dumb ppl out there if the game says you have an fps of 300 you still only going to see 60 fps on a normal monitor sens the screen runs at 60Hz so anything above 60 and you no going to get to see a diffrence and will only get a placibo effect)

i hope the dump the idea of 3D and just gose for the 120 hz screens (heard somthing about a 3000Hz screen some company was making)

I don't care much for 3D, I can't see it anyway.
    It's not for people with one eye ;<
    Hmm Maybe Moon posted something?

10+ Year Old Account
    3d Films give me a headache!
    It doesn't help that i already wear glasses! Why should i pay £3.00+ more to watch a film with 2 pairs of glasses on!

Deleted
    I LOVE 3D!! You know why? Because it means that 2D showings are virtually empty and I always get great seats (Thats right I love 3D because everyone else goes to it!)

3D films make me nauseous generally, I have to keep taking the glasses off all the time. Not only that, but I don't really want to be wearing uncomfy glasses while watching a movie. Also, the ones I've seen lately, I didn't notice any 3D really. I saw Tron: Legacy in 3D, and the most 3D I saw was in the trailers.

Deleted
    Not only does it look bad, but being sort sighted and needing glasses it pisses me off, 6 eyes -.-

15+ Year Old Account
    I feel like it is a fad that will not go away.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Deleted
    The Film 3D is like a scam to make money. The films are NOT 3D, just a few parts of a few scenes stick out - its like those children's books with the pop out animals.
    Cinema ratings were going down and they needed something to keep the money up. 3D has been used for decades, I remember going to Disney world Orlando almost 20 years ago and watching 3D "honey I shrunk the audience". If anyone says it is any different then you are fooled. Cinema 3D can only handle 2 layers, that's the film layer and 1 "pop-out" layer. PC 3D (for games) can use around 5 or 6 layers.

In case anyone didn't get it - I really dislike 3D :P.

Quote Originally Posted by Kawlisse View Post
    I love 3d especially in gaming batman arkham asylum is awesome in 3d don't know why you guys hate it so much, kinda like saying I hate teleportariom because it saves me hours in traffic !!!
    3D on PCs and Film are done differently. At the cinema your glasses don't need to be powered because there are only 2 layers.
    For the PC there are several layers and the PC communicates with the glasses to help layer them correctly.
    PC 3D Owns > 3D Cinema.
    Last edited by mmoc18646deaeb; 2011-02-20 at 12:33 PM.

Deleted
    I hate 3D, mostly because I'll have to wear glasses already to see a shit.
    Then I'll have to put second pair of glasses to see 3D film, and it is not comfortable.

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree completely.

Deleted
    I went to see Saw 3D a while back and there was nearly NO 3D at all with the glasses
    Justin bieber 3d well that's awful anyway 3d or not :P

Deleted
    I try to avoid it. Most of the movies werent even made for 3D and if you take out the glasses you wont realise the difference -.-'

Except for Resident Evil: Afterlife... the film was crap but the 3D effects were awesome
    same goes for Avatar.

Wow, I love 3D. Avatar is 3D was one of the most visually stunning movies I've ever seen. I also loved the story and premise despite what an earlier person said about there being no plot.

Imax > 3D

Can't wait for The Dark Knight Rises. There's an Imax cinema not far from my house with tickets at just $5.50 for students. <3

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    I tend to get the "3D headache" so I try to avoid the 3D movies....
    Also the only good 3D movie I've seen, and by good I mean the movie itself was fun and the 3D was well done, was Shrek 4 :P

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

3D is very bad for your eyes. I read an article in Time magazine where an optometrist explained that 2D movies are already experienced as 3D through your eyes. When viewing a 3D film though, it puts strain on your eyes because it's having a hard time adjusting to too many unnatural sources trying to come into focus. It made sense to me. I always seem to leave a 3D film with a severe headache and my eyes feeling dead tired.

Also, the whole spectacle of it feels a waste. After about ten minutes it becomes so commonplace, I tend to even forget I'm experiencing the film in 3D. The only film where it kept me reminded it was in 3D because it worked so well was Tron: Legacy. The entire experience of the Grid just fits so well with it.

Besides, the other day I watched Tangled, waited especially for it in 2D, and did I have an awesome time. The movie rocked and you know what, not once did I stop to think, "This movie would be so much funnier if it was 3D", or "The story would be so much better in 3D". Nope, cause 3D is just an over hyped wastage that adds nothing memorable.

Quote Originally Posted by Smeeh View Post
    I watched the newest resident evil movie the other week, not in 3D mind you, but the amount of times they stopped everything in order to make a "THIS WOULD LOOK BITCHIN COOL IN 3D!" seqeunce was amazing... Like every 5 minutes they would have 30-40 seconds of slow motion throwing something/jumping at the screen/bullets flying/whatever type thing, that just looked stupid.
    If you have to make it 3D, atleast make sure it works without it too
    THIS!

Seriously, I keep watching new films that come out (I usually get dragged to the 3D versions) but this is the perfect example.

The amount of times the film stopped to do nothing but spin around aimlessly going "look how shiny I am" they could have either just made the film a bit shorter or even better added some more story somewhere because other parts of it just seemed rushed to fit in a load of 3D moments.