Poll: Do you like hardcasting aimed shot?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Hardcasting aimed shot - what do you think of it?

I'm simply asking what you think of the MM playstyle, how it is now and what you'd prefer it to be.

I love being able to cast my signature ability, but I loathe how clunky it is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Warsaw, Poland, Europe, Earth, The Milky Way
    I just wish Aspect of the Fox worked with it, it's really annoying when you are half done casting it and fire/poison spawns under your feet.
    Screw PvP balance :>
    Quote Originally Posted by kamikaze148 View Post
    One cannot simply walk into Mulgore...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by redsunrising15 View Post
    I love being able to cast my signature ability, but I loathe how clunky it is.
    I really have to agree with this. As a signature ability, I enjoy being able to use it, but it isn't very practical to do so. It's much more fun than just spamming arcane shot, though.

For a while there I thought it was silly that we couldn't use it in Fox... then I remembered what shot we are dealing with. AIMED shot xD

10+ Year Old Account
    Warsaw, Poland, Europe, Earth, The Milky Way
    Quote Originally Posted by Jyash View Post
    For a while there I thought it was silly that we couldn't use it in Fox... then I remembered what shot we are dealing with. AIMED shot xD
    STEADY shot can't be STEADY if you RUN while trying to shoot.
    Cwutididthar?
    Quote Originally Posted by kamikaze148 View Post
    One cannot simply walk into Mulgore...

Deleted
    Aimed-> chimera-> tab target.
    Nuff said.

It was never intended to be hardcasted outside of using it as an opener. Read the tooltip. They'll end up nerfing it until it isn't viable to do so during fights.

i dont mind it tbh, it makes sense that it has cast but i do agree its pretty clunky with the "rotation" atm

They should just make Aimed unusable unless you have the proc to make it instant.

Quote Originally Posted by glo View Post
    It was never intended to be hardcasted outside of using it as an opener. Read the tooltip. They'll end up nerfing it until it isn't viable to do so during fights.
    Tooltip:
    "A powerful aimed shot that deals 200%(soon to be ~160%) ranged weapon damage plus (some amount based on your lvl and RAP)." Where does it say it is only used as an opener? Where does it say it is not intended to be used on anything but a proc once or twice a minute?

What I see is when you are picking you talent tree, Aimed Shot is the Marksmanship main ability... why would blizzard want to nerf it to the point of it not being worth using except when it is free and instant?
    /sarcasm on
    Blizzard should then make EVERY class's main ability the same way... Explosive Shot should ONLY be used when there is a proc that makes it free, Mortal Strike, Bloodthirst, Lava Lash, Frost Strike, Scourge Strike, Mangle, Mind Flay, Mutilate...
    /sarcasm off

I know there are a couple that are currently not super awesome but blizzard should really focus on making ALL the signature moves worth using, not just when they don't cost you any resources/time to use...

They could easily put Aimed Shot into aspect of the Fox which would allow us to use it while moving(which is pretty much the only excuse that anyone logical should have).
    Last edited by spitfirek; 2011-02-20 at 07:28 PM.

I forgot to add the option "master marksman (or some other talent) should be redesigned to allow aimed to to be the main focus dump of the specc". Sorry for forgetting such an option.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's about time it's back to being casted, it was like that for YEARS and did not need to be changed imo. I personally like the setups of burst you can do with it in a PvP environment.

I am indifferent. The Hunter rotation back in MC was Aimed/Multi, and topping the charts with full GS didn't require skill. These days I don't even raid and so the effect is negligible for me.

I just want to see the skill be useful.

Quote Originally Posted by Jyash View Post
    If you want to argue semantics like that, are other hunter shots fired from the hip? :P

Would like to see Aimed usable while in Fox. Don't see why they just couldn't add a damage penalty to it like we used to have with Viper.

Boring...I love seeing big numbers though.

Honestly, not a fan.... with hardcast aimed shot, MM became the only spec that cannot be mobile while using its high DPS rotation (yes, I know you lose dps by switching to Fox to use SS/CS while moving, but at least you can still do it). Between that and the fact that it's annoying to use as a focus dump (far too long a cast time), I don't particularly enjoy it.

It may be MM's signature ability, but Pyroblast is Fire's signature ability, and they haven't hardcast that spell in battle since.... ever? they've been using hotstreak procs since at least 3.0, and I don't remember it ever being hardcast in battle (outside of 3min mage builds back in classic at any rate). And BM's signature ability isn't even an attack, it's utility that's not really useful in a lot of boss fights... so it's not like MM is the only spec that doesn't get to use their signature whenever they like (or even the only hunter spec).

Edit: The one thing I'll favor of the playstyle is that I do enjoy when all our shots interact with our talents so nicely. AiS + ChS (Don't know the "official" abbreviation for chimera shot, sorry) + SS + Piercing Shots is a wonderful thing. I'd be happier about careful aim if it involved Chimera shot, but I hate giving up chimera shot during the opening phase, even if it's a DPS increase (I like chimera shot, though I liked it more when there were multiple stings and unique effects based on the active sting, and even better when they were looking at the venom system with similar functionality. At least we got to keep widow venom's health restore as a baseline effect.)
    Last edited by darkwarrior42; 2011-02-20 at 08:42 PM.

So boring! And it feels weird to say, "I'm a hunter and I get the most DPS by standing."

I love seeing the big numbers but besides that its to clucky one of our bonuses for specing into MM is 15% more auto shot dmg and casting AiS delays out bonus auto shot dmg making it rather pointless when auto shot is like 3rd or 4th on our most dmging skills, i would like to see more AS rather then simply hard casting AiS all the time tho i do like using AiS more i think buffing MMM would have been better along with a slight buff to aimed shot like 150% maybe, right now tho my aimed shot is hitting harder then my Kill shot which doesnt feel right as its not our prime shot.