Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Can someone answer my question on page 2 plz :O

Quote Originally Posted by killuchen View Post
    Since the t11 shoulders give haste/hit. Should I just reforge the hit into mastery? I will also be way over hit cap.

Also with 4pc. Do I pop Inq at 1HP and refresh at 3HP?
    Yeah I'd refresh the hit. With 4pc you star Inquisition at 2HP(I believe) and refresh at 1HP thereafter. It's the best possible Uptime versus HP spent ratio.

---------- Post added 2011-04-04 at 05:33 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by killuchen View Post
    Can someone answer my question on page 2 plz :O
    Done, just got back from class.

Quote Originally Posted by Badpaladin View Post
    Yeah I'd refresh the hit. With 4pc you star Inquisition at 2HP(I believe) and refresh at 1HP thereafter. It's the best possible Uptime versus HP spent ratio.

---------- Post added 2011-04-04 at 05:33 PM ----------

Done, just got back from class.
    Yeah you're right. At pull pop inquisitition at 2holy power regardless of what CLC might say. After that you can almost blindly follow the timer on inquisition.
    Also be quick to use your hammer of wrath and exorcism procs if you're switching target and you're not in range. Also a nifty thing to do is use your exorcism proc on your main target (boss) if you're on add killing (magmaw works exelent) since exorcism refreshes the seal of truth tics meaning you wont loose them aswell as you dont have to stack them up again when you're focusing down adds across the room, judgement also works for this.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol View Post
    Yeah you're right. At pull pop inquisitition at 2holy power regardless of what CLC might say. After that you can almost blindly follow the timer on inquisition.
    Also be quick to use your hammer of wrath and exorcism procs if you're switching target and you're not in range. Also a nifty thing to do is use your exorcism proc on your main target (boss) if you're on add killing (magmaw works exelent) since exorcism refreshes the seal of truth tics meaning you wont loose them aswell as you dont have to stack them up again when you're focusing down adds across the room, judgement also works for this.
    Apply inq with 1 HoPo and refresh it with 1-3 HoPo 3-4 secs before it ends is the best (talking for 4pc tier)

Inquisition is funky with 4pc. Idealy it's best to use as little HP as possible because you get a bigger ratio of uptime per HP spent the less you use. I don't think it's something a spreadsheet can really moniter right now, given how dynamic fights are.

Thx all I'm going to try and get my t11 shoulders for 4pc tonight. We are doing H:Nef so maybe I'll even have t11 helm :O. On a side note, I have so much expertise atm I don't know what to do. Would it be better if I took out Glyph of SoT for CS?

Right now, no. Once you're in the 22ish range, probably.

Best Professions?

I was curious as to what many of you think are the best Professions for our spec? I am currently BS/Mining, and would love to drop mining for something with benefits, but I'm not sure which way to go. I'm leaning towards JC, but any input is appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by ThanksBates View Post
    I was curious as to what many of you think are the best Professions for our spec? I am currently BS/Mining, and would love to drop mining for something with benefits, but I'm not sure which way to go. I'm leaning towards JC, but any input is appreciated!
    Engineering or Jewelcrafting will be your best choices. Personally, I'd go with Engineering simply because it's a lot more fun than the other ones. Engineering is also the best in burst situations. Although you can't use gloves with your other cooldowns, times where those are down but you need to burst something down in <15-30 seconds, they're of more value.

When should I pop GoTAK and Zeal/HoW on Heroic Magmaw? I feel like with my current gear I should be pulling at least 28k+ lol. Here is my WoL for this week and my armory is in my sig. Don't mind the spec atm because I was pvping.

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/d1qaw...?s=1279&e=1680

Looking at your logs:

1.) You cast GoaK way too early, you only had the buff up for less than half of your Wings duration.

2.) Your fight lasted 6:40, which means you could have fit three Wings/Zeal into your fight time, instead of only two.

3.) Get Clcret/Clcinfo and track your Heart of Rage buff. You didn't line up your cooldowns with procs.

4.) Golem's Strength pot. Get used to using one every pull.

Im a little confused as to when to use CS and how many fillers in between CS. Why is CS priority #1 over HoW and Exorcism with AoW? Should I always cast CS first even when I can HoW and instant Exo? I do a great deal of more damage with HoW and Exo than I do with CS.

As for Inquisition, should I cast it everytime I have at least 1 holy power or wait until I proc Divine Purpose or have a total of 3 HP? and just to be clear about TV, I should only use it while DP is on and/or when I have 3 HP?
    Last edited by SkillsToShow; 2011-05-15 at 11:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SkillsToShow View Post
    Im a little confused as to when to use CS and how many fillers in between CS. Why is CS priority #1 over HoW and Exorcism with AoW? Should I always cast CS first even when I can HoW and instant Exo? I do a great deal of more damage with HoW and Exo than I do with CS.
    Okay, firstly the whole filler business is you want two fillers in between each CS. The reason is something I explained a little bit in my post and is also explained in Exemplar's EJ post. Haste is, far and away, our worst stat. Because we want to avoid it as much as possible, aiming for a 3-second CS that would ultimately allow a CS -> filler -> CS -> filler -> CS ... rotation is too detrimental to DPS, so we therefore want to fit in a CS -> filler -> filler -> CS rotation that has as little clash as possible.

CS has priority over HoW and Exorcism because it builds Holy Power in addition to dealing a lot of damage(this damage gets proportionally bigger the better your weapon). In essence, you can think of each Holy Power generated by a CS to be a "stored 1/3 of a TV/Inq". That damage isn't immediate obviously, but delaying that "stored" damage by 1.5 seconds is a bigger DPS loss than not doing the immediate damage of an AoW Exorcism or HoW. Just note that you should never cast a CS at three natural Holy Power, but you should cast it when you're at 1 or 2 natural Holy Power when you have a Divine Purpose proc. Reasoning is as such:

TV(DivPurp) -> CS -> TV -> filler -> CS -> filler -> filler -> CS -> filler -> filler -> CS -> TV (12 casts until next TV/Inq)

CS -> TV(DivPurp) -> TV -> CS -> filler -> filler -> CS -> filler -> filler -> CS -> TV (11 casts until next TV/Inq)

Prioritizing CS nets you more TV's in the long run, which is more important, because not all of those fillers are going to be HoW or Exo, since one is reliant on boss healt/cooldown and the other is a random proc. Although TV is not the highest-priority anymore, it's still a good damage-dealer. Having a faster Holy power cycle is better than having more room for fillers(especially since Exorcism would be a high priority when it procs anyways).

As for Inquisition, should I cast it everytime I have at least 1 holy power or wait until I proc Divine Purpose or have a total of 3 HP? and just to be clear about TV, I should only use it while DP is on and/or when I have 3 HP?
    Just refresh Inquisition around 3 seconds before it expires. This is something that you'll have to play by ear, or can probably modify on Clcinfo to apply at any Holy Power. Times where you refresh are going to vary due to procs, fight mechanics, etc.

Just use TV whenever you have ample time under Inquisition to do so and other spells that are higher priority aren't available. A perfect example would be ~15 seconds left on Inquisition, CS on cooldown, no AoW and no HoW available at 3 HP. It's still around 20% of our total damage.

That makes a lot of sense, guess its time to change some of my hockeys around. I was also wondering if this kind of rotation also applies to PVP or is that something completely different?

Thanks
    Last edited by SkillsToShow; 2011-05-16 at 04:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SkillsToShow View Post
    That makes a lot of sense, guess its time to change some of my hockeys around. I was also wondering if this kind of rotation also applies to PVP or is that something completely different?

Thanks
    PvP is about burst situations, not necessarily highest overall damage. Pretty much whatever hits the hardest comes first in PvP, amongst a multitude of other things.

Deleted
    is any worth to drop glyph of truth for the crusader strike one with 691 pure expertise?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trueshape View Post
    is any worth to drop glyph of truth for the crusader strike one with 691 pure expertise?
    If there is no gear left where you can reforge expertise to something else (mastery,crit) then yes,drop the truth glyph.

Here are some helpful macro's for your cooldowns.

#showtooltip Avenging Wrath
    /cast Avenging Wrath
    /cast Hammer of Wrath

#showtooltip Zealotry
    /cast Zealotry
    /cast Templar's Verdict

Due to latency they may need to be pressed twice. As always, save Golemblood for Bloodlust/Heroism. If you dont have it (which nowadays is rare) use the potion at the ideal moment (example, Magmaws head, p3 Ascendant Council, P2 Chogall...ect.)

Given the ability priority, that second macro could potentially cause problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Badpaladin View Post
    Given the ability priority, that second macro could potentially cause problems.
    I think the assumption he's making is that use the first macro to put HoW on CD, then in the next GCD use the second macro (as long as you have no art of war proc to use)