ISF - benefit of not hardcasting

Anyone geniuses out there ran any kind of napkin math regarding if there is a benefit on only using sb+sf or imp procs and forgetting about hardcasting?

Wondering whether the benefit of not spending the cast time on sf and using it on other casts outweighs the % damage buff, but im too stoopid to work it out.

I'm guessing the rng nature of imp procs means your dps will probably fluctuate, but dont know to what degree.

Logically i appreciate adding 8% to your casts seems a no brainer and obviously this is advocated on EJ, but the information on there is little regarding any parses people have run with no hardcasting.

Looking for figures ideally if thats possible to the likely dps gain/loss.

Thanks in advance, dont be pricks and flame
    Realm First Grand Master Enchanter

Deleted
    don't know the exsact maths of it but i'm the highest geared lock in my guild and if i 4get to keep the buff up the lower geared locks start gaining on me, so i think its safe to say it worth hard casting. though it would be interesting to see the maths over all

Depending on your gear, it's up to 600-800 dps to not hardcast. Hardcast Soulfires. There is also a nifty little search feature that would have given you the following post. Might want to start using that.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post10405067
    Last edited by andromalia; 2011-02-22 at 02:54 AM.

you sir, are my new pal.

ty!
    Realm First Grand Master Enchanter