Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidonis View Post
    You know that the ignorant masses aren't going to read the red text saying to look at the data range, it's actually very irresponsible to post data in a visual manner like this that's going to create troll posts. How hard would it really have been to make the data visually reflective of what the numbers actually indicate? Let's see what 5 minutes in Excel does.

Oh look, it is possible to present the data without visually inciting those who won't take time to read.

Quote Originally Posted by Simca
    If he didn't use that scale, everything would be too tiny and look silly.
    Do you see what I did there ?

Quote Originally Posted by Nastified View Post
    Deleting characters who transferred deletes data.

Absolutely no way any of this info is representative of actual win/loss ratio. You would have to keep the data of the characters who transferred right up until THE MOMENT THEY TRANSFERRED.

And how much of it is redundant, we don't know. Nice info for starting flamefests but not very useful otherwise.
    Boubs post says:

Deleted/transfered characters were removed from the stats.
    At least it says it was taken care of. But you are right since we dont really know that much how this statistics were made exactly doubting what they are implying is a valid.

Deleted
    I didnt read any comments so I dont know if this was said before from someone who know how to read graphs. Anyway I have always played alliance and I can say the graphs are a bit misleading since the left bar should be scaled from 0 to 100%. The way it is now the difference between horde vs alliance seems huge. It may be true that horde winds more, the percentage might indeed be unfair but the difference is not as huge as it seems only by wathing the bars of the graphs.

Deleted
    well, you should check ratios on spanish servers too xD.. We (ally) lose 3 out of 4 most of the times. But i have to say, we get some strong mornings/deepnight bgs

Quote Originally Posted by inyu View Post
    Except now it looks like a gigantic difference between Horde and Alliance in every form of Battleground, making it even more ridiculous.

What's so hard to understand about how bad these graphs are?

Worst case scenario, make a table like the post below me shows, where it's far, far easier to read and less misleading. If you really can't see how bad the original graphs are...I'm not really sure what to say.
    Last edited by Hateful; 2011-02-22 at 01:08 PM.
    Who knows what secrets hide in the dark?

Ah yes...*I* do...

http://img405.imageshack.us/f/grapho.jpg/

For people who want to see the graph on a scale from 0-100 (like it should have) and see how the difference is much smaller then on the original graph even tough it is the same numbers. I just took the graph on above, you can do the same from the lower graph if you want.

Also you have to take into count that armory doesn't know who has faction changed over the last year, who are playing the same characters etc. So those two points bias those graphs.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by inyu View Post
    It looks pretty silly tbh.

0-60% would be much better than 0-100%.

Either way, it hardly matters at all. Everyone besides what... 2 people (?)... have understood the graphs before posting.
    Last edited by Simca; 2011-02-22 at 01:27 PM.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by JaheraMinahonda View Post
    well, you should check ratios on spanish servers too xD.. We (ally) lose 3 out of 4 most of the times. But i have to say, we get some strong mornings/deepnight bgs
    And since the merger with German/English realms it has gotten worse, at least in the ally side

too bad they didnt include wintergrasp. while sneaking in there our ratio was like 94% horde wins.

Deleted
    To much emotions here.

Fact is that the largest pooled data set of WoW PvP shows a significant win difference in favor of Horde. And the difference is slightly larger than I think a games developer is willing to live with. The problem is ofc that one reason might be the fact that horde is considered more PvP for many realms and hence a positive selection of players rather than racials and BG design (scratches head).

Quote Originally Posted by Simca View Post

Either way, it hardly matters at all. Everyone besides what... 2 people (?)... have understood the graphs right away.
    Well that doesn't say anything. I glanced over the bars at first and was like 'wtf!' and then looked closely to the numbers, I don't think everyone will look at those numbers and just draw conclusion.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    Those ratios aren't really surprising. The min/maxers tend to favor Horde due to far superior racials.
    On high level arena the Alliance racials are considered far far superior.

Deleted
    They scanned millions of bg wins and losses, 1% in these graphs is a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Zarod View Post
    They scanned millions of bg wins and losses, 1% in these graphs is a lot.
    Well it isn't as major as everyone said, people claim they lose 75% of the time

Bloodsail Admiral WaitingforSWTOR's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    2) Horde players have better racials for PvP
    Worgen, Human, Dwarf and Nelf say hello

-+1% passive crit, racial dash, reduced disease time
    -EmfI, weapon bonuses bonuses
    -StoneSkin (10% dmg reduction+cleansing of venom, bleeds & diseases), cuteness, frost resistance, weapon bonuses
    -Shadowmeld (kinda FD) 2% chance to MISS attacks

Name an horde race beside Goblins with better racials

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Device View Post
    Well that doesn't say anything. I glanced over the bars at first and was like 'wtf!' and then looked closely to the numbers, I don't think everyone will look at those numbers and just draw conclusion.
    Yeah, me too, but I meant before posting - fixed.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

Yeah, a pie chart or something would have been a better view IMO. Just to illustrate, Isle of Conquest, the one that the bar graph makes it look like Alliance is just being slaughtered repeatedly looks like this on a pie chart.

So the one that Alliance is doing "worst" at isn't really even all that bad.

All in all, it is pretty close on most of the battlegrounds.

Quote Originally Posted by Simca View Post

Either way, it hardly matters at all. Everyone besides what... 2 people (?)... have understood the graphs right away.
    Yes, 0 - 60% would be best case scenario, but frankly the ones on the front page at the moment really just look terrible. They're very misleading, and the initial response of just about everyone is "Holy shit, that's a massive imbalance". You wouldn't NEED to have the disclaimer "read the values" if the bars were displayed in a good manner. How many people who just read this site for the news are going to now complain about this?

Sure, it's their own stupid fault for not being able to read a graph, but I'd be tempted to say some of the blame definitely falls on the original graphs - they could have been made alot better, and it just makes whoever made them look like a real amateur at both graphs and Excel. Don't take that as an insult, it's just how it comes across to those who look at it.

Putting min/max values on a very close % makes the gap look exceptionally larger than it actually is, and that's why a 0-100% graph still gives a better overall picture of the win % in BGs, rather than some bars with a gigantic visual difference between them - even if the numbers themselves are correct.

It's good that the compilation of data has been done and it's very interesting, don't get me wrong, it's just poorly presented. That's all people are really saying. For a news site that thousands of people visit daily, it's not great form, at least in my opinion.
    Last edited by Hateful; 2011-02-22 at 01:33 PM.
    Who knows what secrets hide in the dark?

Ah yes...*I* do...

10+ Year Old Account
    I pvp as alliance and i can tell that this is graphic, at least in my case is true

Most allys dont like to team up, or listen to the other people
    And we always got a ton of bots because of the BG insta-queues, I counted 4 bots on the last WSG i participated

But yeah, boub must redo these graphics really quick cause i see them already all over the official forums in QQ threads, so prepare for the flame fest incoming :S

Quote Originally Posted by Ash773 View Post
    Brb... Faction changing to horde
    lmao...this made me laugh for a while