Thread: Ret PvP Help

Ret PvP Help

Just got my ret pally to 85 and I don't want to raid on him (my rogue and mage raid, I want a PvP char now). Can you guys tell me what I need to gem, rotation (if I should use Inquisition and Zealotry and if I should use WoG over TV). Ty in advance .

all situational? :X
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    You're full of shit honey.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWorgenMage View Post
    Just got my ret pally to 85 and I don't want to raid on him (my rogue and mage raid, I want a PvP char now). Can you guys tell me what I need to gem, rotation (if I should use Inquisition and Zealotry and if I should use WoG over TV). Ty in advance .
    edit : didnt see it was pvp, like adnre said it's all situational
    Last edited by Kenjji; 2011-02-23 at 02:37 PM.
    "No. I am Ganner. This threshold is mine. I claim it for my own. Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass."
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...lvtwo/advanced

Are we talking about BG's or arena? If arena, what comp will you be playing? If you just got to 85 and want to start pvping you should probably get the entire Bloodied Pyrium set crafted.

As far as gemming goes, the answer will depend on what you're playing (bg/arena) and who you're playing with (2s double dps/3s with healer.). Try providing a bit more info if you want quality replies. We aren't mindreaders, bud. Sorry.

If you have the time to set it up, like in an arena, Inquisition is necessary for max burst to achieve a kill. Zealotry can be very situational. If you need to be super defensive because your team is getting leaned on pretty hard you can pop it and CS/Word of Glory your team back to full health while the other team is trying to burst you down. Using it to survive their assault is just one way that it can be employed.

I am only playing 3v3 in arena at the moment and am playing with a resto shaman and unholy death knight. Our team is pretty "tanky". As such we are probably never going to set up a "LOLOL blow all your CDs" burst kill. We just grind people down. Following the tanky mentality, I am gemming pure resil (in yellows/prismatics), str/resil (in reds), and resil/stam (in blues). As I recall, I currently have 3558 resil and plan on ending up around 4.1k resil.

This doesn't mean that you should build like this. If I was running with a mage or rogue in 2v2 my setup would be completely different and probably would include a fair amount of PvE gear.

Win7(64)Pro - Intel 3770K @ 4.5GHz - 4x4GB DDR3 G Skill Ripjaws X - XFX Radeon HD 7970 - Samsung EVO 500GB SSD