Whats this jazz regarding bear hit?

I keep hearing that bear hit is undervalued.... to the point that people are saying that even as a bash-bot you shouldnt need more than 3-5% hit.

what is with this jiggerypokery? how accurate is this?

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...%98taku/simple

^
    theres my toon BTW

if this info is true i'll be able to lose the gems in my boots and relic w00t
    Till water is gone, Till shade is gone. Into the shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath. To spit in Sightblinders eye on the last day.

Not 100% sure what you mean by that, but nothing has really changed. If you are required for interrupts in a 10 man raid then you should definitely be capping hit so your interrupts don't miss on raid wiping abilities. Outside of that one circumstance hit is not necessary for threat.

There are a few threads about this, and it is just as you said, hit is not needed unless you are interrupting. The reason is because of our mastery, threat is a non-issue.

The reasons why are as follows. Mastery gives savage defense more absorb per ap. Crit's proc mastery. Expertise reduces dodge AND parry up to soft cap, making it twice as good as hit. Haste is more auto attacks, so very small chance to increase savage defense (less than that of hit and expertise.) Ideally every piece of gear 359+ would have crit mastery or expertise mastery (up to soft cap, 26.)

As far as gems are concerned they should either be Stam, Agility, or Dodge. Hit/Expertise gems are useless for us because you can put far more valuable gems in there and reforging useless stats like haste would be much better.

Quote Originally Posted by Mystile View Post
    The reasons why are as follows. Mastery gives savage defense more absorb per ap. Crit's proc mastery. Expertise reduces dodge AND parry up to soft cap, making it twice as good as hit. Haste is more auto attacks, so very small chance to increase savage defense (less than that of hit and expertise.) Ideally every piece of gear 359+ would have crit mastery or expertise mastery (up to soft cap, 26.)
    As far as best gear you mean every piece would have dodge instead of either crit or mastery. After dodge I would take expertise up to the soft cap and then and only then mastery/crit. Bear Savage Defense is the weakest of the mastery tanking abilities.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaerin View Post
    As far as best gear you mean every piece would have dodge instead of either crit or mastery. After dodge I would take expertise up to the soft cap and then and only then mastery/crit. Bear Savage Defense is the weakest of the mastery tanking abilities.
    Agility cannot natively co-exist with Dodge.

Quote Originally Posted by Katarn View Post
    Agility cannot natively co-exist with Dodge.
    This. That is why I said crit mastery/ expertise mastery and not dodge mastery.

Ive been going for crit/mastery pieces, then reforging the crit to Dodge.

i have a few pieces where ive reforged to exp or hit simply because im so far undervalue for some stats. im lacking HARD on expertiese, but every piece i see with expertise on it is friggin PLATE. its like blizzard completely forgot bear tanks when they designed gear this expansion.
    Till water is gone, Till shade is gone. Into the shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath. To spit in Sightblinders eye on the last day.

The only item that is properly itemized for bears in 359 gear is Double Attack Handguards. At the moment I run with .93% hit and 0 expertise. They are doing our itemization perfectly, except on tier pieces which are terrible, but with the access to nearly perfectly itemized off set items, it does not matter. Crit and mastery will maintain their values for bears for a long time, until the agility on our gear deems the crit to be wasted, then we may switch to hit and expertise, but I cannot foresee this for quite a long time.