Unhappy Need some help please.

Hey guys,

I'll get straight to the point, today my computer froze and nothing was responding including the power button so was forced to switch it off by the plug. Since then I've not been able to power it up at all, I opened it up and checked around and nothing looks wrong everything is in the same place and plugged in (including the power button wire). I'm guesing that it's possible there is a problem with my motherboard or my powersupply.

Is there anything I can doto fix this? Or at least confirm what the problem actually is?

Any help you could give would greatly be greatly apprciated.

If you press power button absolutely nothing happens? No fans start, no lights blink?

Assuming nothing happens, try these:

1) unplug RAM from motherboard
    - If there's a sign of life RAM is dead

2) unplug everything non-essential from motherboard (HDD drives, DVD drive, graphics card and all other expansion cards)
    - If there is a sign of life, something you pulled out is dead, try plugging the parts back in until you find what's broken

3) unplug everything from power supply except DVD drive and try starting it with a paperclip
    - If there's a sign of life either CPU or motherboard is dead
    - If there's no sign of life, at least PSU is dead
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Quote Originally Posted by vesseblah View Post
    If you press power button absolutely nothing happens? No fans start, no lights blink?

Assuming nothing happens, try these:

1) unplug RAM from motherboard
    - If there's a sign of life RAM is dead

2) unplug everything non-essential from motherboard (HDD drives, DVD drive, graphics card and all other expansion cards)
    - If there is a sign of life, something you pulled out is dead, try plugging the parts back in until you find what's broken

3) unplug everything from power supply except DVD drive and try starting it with a paperclip
    - If there's a sign of life either CPU or motherboard is dead
    - If there's no sign of life, at least PSU is dead
    Thank you so much only just managed to finish all your tests. I found out that my psu is fine and still working so i'm guessing the problem is with my motherboard. Can't thank you enough.