Deleted

Smile Best way to start Arena

Hi, firstly just want to thank you for any help/advise you give me.
    It will be appreciated. Im sorry if this is posted in wrong forum, wasnt sure if its best here or in the Warlock catagory.

Anyway Ive played about 3 years and always stuck to the PVE side, I have alot of alts and my main is a druid.
    My guild is now raiding less and I have more time to enjoy the other side of the game.
    Ive fancied getting into PVP for a while now and decided Id make a lock. Ive leveled him up doing BG's everyday and finally
    reached 85 yesterday.
    My question is whats the best way to get into an arena team. Most people require great gear so Im really asking whats the best way to get this?
    I know about baradin hold, I have 4k honour to spend so im guessing I should get some gear with that too start me off then just carry on farming BG's ?

I dont have any one in mind for a partner yet, a few people in my guild have mentioned they would like to maybe give it a go with me.
    So whats the best role for me to play? Affliction or destro/destruction ?
    Again im completly new to pvp altho i do have some understanding about what some classes can do, so any tips and helpful shizzle will be appreciated.
    I have printed out some of the lock guides from the lock section which ill be looking at later but ive got a feeling thats not really aimed at people like myself trying to get into PVP with a new character.

Many thanks

Just duel people A LOT. Also watch videos and learn the different comps. Dueling everyone is good. ps: affliction > destro

The best way to start is with a mate. Aim to just get your Conquest Points cap and learn from the fights as you do it. Observe what the enemy does to you, and use what you see back on other people. Don't quit just because you lose 80% of the time in the first week. You don't even need full PvP gear to start, just don't expect to win often. After a couple of weeks you should have a few good ideas about how to approach different combinations and you'll be able to work on rating.

Simply queue up? ;0 And farm a lot of BGs for gear.

Deleted
    Why did they take away skirmish's, was really good practice for me

Quote Originally Posted by Treakle View Post
    Why did they take away skirmish's, was really good practice for me
    Wargames are even better imo =P And why not just practise in real matches?

skill-capped.net
    arenajunkies.com
    warcraftmovies.com

I found all of those to help me greatly to help me improve in PvP, i dont personally duel alot as i feelit doesnt help as i know classes already.
    Also in BGs i try to find 2v1s all the time, also when you do get an arena team Fraps yourself and watch back and look for mistakes and improve that way.

Good warlocks to look for:
    Affliction:
    Snutz
    Azael

Destruction:
    Drakedog
    Adouken

Dependant on what spec you pplay watching those players helped me alot.

Hope i helped, if you have anymore warlock PvP questions just PM me ill be glad to help.

Deleted
    Thanks for the info guys, much appreicated. Ill take a look tonight at them videos rzy. I think ill be going affliction is what i found best while leveling. Altho i found from 70-85 Destro was much better for actually killing people.

Anyway thanks again

Foound about 3 different Affliction pvp builds... is there any you lot particuallty would use for bgs & 3v3 ?
    Just gunna test them for now as there doesnt seem to be alot of difference in the ones I found on areanjunkies.
    Last edited by mmocabf7bee86a; 2011-02-24 at 05:18 PM.