Deleted

Do you feel that..

..you have to work harder to achieve the same or even worse results than shaman or druids during 10 man raids? Like last night on Atramedes normal I was at 30% mana at some point while the shaman was at 80% and he actually had 5% more healing done than me. And no he hadn't even used his tide yet :/

He actually made it worse by saying "Tell me when you want mana tide totem celest." Not that I needed it cause I still had HoH and SF off cooldown, but just the assumption that a Holy Priest has mana issues....

I consider myself a decent enough healer with more than enough grasp of when to use what spell, but this scenario is getting more and more frequent and quite frankly it's pissing me off. I know it's not a race to who does the most healing, but for me the game has lost all fun when you see the druid doing more than twice your overhealing and still kicking your ass up and down the raid on both healing output and mana management.

Armory: eu.battle. net/wow/en/character/turalyon/celestila/advanced (remove space between battle. and net. Won't let me post links yet )

Ignore the disc spec, I was just messing around a bit.

And for the record: This is NOT a rage post. I'm merely wondering if anyone else is having similar experiences.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think I have to work harder than the Paladins, Druids and Shamans I usually heal with. But it might be. But nothing to be annoyed about. If anything be glad that your class has a higher skill cap.
    Resurrected Holy Priest

I don't know why you are saying that but in my experience, it's druid and shamans that are underpowered at the moment.

Absolutely, I tend to agree here. Our Feral kitty has a healing O-spec and last night on Omnotron he went resto and our resto went boom to give us another range. The kitty->resto druid kicked my behind, a good chunk more overheals, but still crushed me on heals in general.

And yes, I agree, it's not about topping the meters. We downed all 5 bosses that we have killed so far (ArgaLOLth, Halfus, V-T, Mag, Omno: yeah, a touch behind I guess) in one night which is the first time we did that, so it was a good night, but I hate that our O-spec heals just absolutely crushes me.

I think I need to reforge out of mastery (14.89 points) into haste (10.28% on armory) (which will of course hurt my mana, but the throughput might save me from wasted casts) since I am in 10 man and my Echoes don't have enough time to tick off before someone elses heals tops off the person. That will save me a bunch of overheals. And I need to stop renew (lower it a lot anyway). It really isn't a bad spell, but when it gets "snipped" (or "sniped"?) then that leads to a bunch of overheals too. But even with that taken into consideration, the druid kill me. *sigh* I just feel like I must be missing something (maybe I let my chakra drop too often and need to get it macro'ed to some other spells or an easier keybind to just mindlessly hit every 30 seconds).

Quote Originally Posted by Alskonda View Post
    I don't know why you are saying that but in my experience, it's druid and shamans that are underpowered at the moment.
    Agreed I've heard the same, especially druids.

Since when did over healing actually matter? Look at effective healing. From my experience in 25man raiding 12/12 on Era Ravencrest. The healers that struggle the most to keep up are shamans. Priest are by far leaps and bounds ahead of most everyone in terms of HPS, or maybe the healers in my guild just know how to manage mana....

I'm not trolling you, i just feel that there could potential be other things for you to do, to avoid this mana crisis.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snuggies View Post
    Since when did over healing actually matter? Look at effective healing. From my experience in 25man raiding 12/12 on Era Ravencrest. The healers that struggle the most to keep up are shamans. Priest are by far leaps and bounds ahead of most everyone in terms of HPS, or maybe the healers in my guild just know how to manage mana....

I'm not trolling you, i just feel that there could potential be other things for you to do, to avoid this mana crisis.
    Overhealing only matters when you're going out of mana. If I was overhealing as much as our Paladin(s) I'd be out of mana.
    Resurrected Holy Priest

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alskonda View Post
    Heavy Purification buff would like to disagree with you. Druids seem fine but I cannot comment for 25 man.

15+ Year Old Account
    I don't mean to sound cocky, but I raid with another holy priest and a paladin, and I always outheal them.
    I struggled a lot on the beginning with raids, thought it was fuck hard as holy priest. Now I think it's boring and I'm often close to falling asleep.
    I learned to use my spells well, and I got better gear. Just wait and see what happends with more practice and more gear, it will come.

Ps. Battle.net is down, can't check your armory.

Edit:

I can check your armory now, and I see you lack enchants, have some weird gemming and lack important reforging.
    I've said it probably a million times, people don't believe me, later they PM me saying sorry and thanks.
    Reforging everything to haste, gemming int/haste, enchanting your items for haste WILL help you a whole lot. You probably think that you will just go oom faster, but you wont. Try it out.
    You should also get Ember Shadowspirit metagem ^
    Last edited by Nørf; 2011-02-25 at 12:36 PM.