Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenerena View Post
    Why soulfire spam though?

Anyway, I've heard the 10 man heroic Cho'gall is meant to be almost impossible due to the enrage timer. This might be a valid tactic, who knows.
    Because when cast time is reduced to being instant, soulfire ends up having the highest DPCT?

15+ Year Old Account
    Double the damage of any spell you have and make it instant. DoTs don't get anything because they don't get haste, they just lose the cast time. Soul Fire is your best damaging spell limited only by its cast time. And I believe 2 dps have to do this in order to pull it off in 10m.

@Geo - FIXT thanks

R.I.P. YARG

The guild in question is actually on my server...They're a very talented bunch...this was a normal and they definitely didn't really *need* to do it...good luck JC

10+ Year Old Account
    http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-33.../?s=805&e=1404

Commonly used strategy at 25H with 1 or 2 Fire Mages including Anti-Magic Zones, Power Word: Barriers, Ice Blocks and other CDs during Unleashed Shadows and preventing every other Damage Taken until P2.

Quote Originally Posted by gherkin View Post
    Double the damage of any spell you have and make it instant. DoTs don't get anything because they don't get haste, they just lose the cast time. Soul Fire is your best damaging spell limited only by its cast time. And I believe 2 dps have to do this in order to pull it off in 10m.
    DoTs do still get double damage, so it's not quite a case of them not getting anything. So being fully corrupted it's not a case of pure soulfire spam to get the best damage; you'll still want to use your abilities with the best DPE. For the most part that actually comes down to only stopping Chaos Bolt, Incinerate and Shadow Burn; your other spells do enough DPE to be better options than Soul Fire. Corruption might lose out as well if you only have one extra tick on it rather than two, but is better DPE from two ticks onwards.

Edit: That's for Destruction. I'd expect similar results for the other specs though.
    Last edited by Cluck; 2011-02-28 at 05:31 PM.

immolate is worth it for sure, i just didnt use it because i forgot

same with BoD

Wouldn't lock be the worst caster to perform this strategy? I mean a fair chunk of our dps comes from pets. According to the log the 34k lock's imp did not do more damage the other lock's imp.

Quote Originally Posted by ultimar235 View Post
    Wouldn't lock be the worst caster to perform this strategy? I mean a fair chunk of our dps comes from pets. According to the log the 34k lock's imp did not do more damage the other lock's imp.
    For this strat you have to throw your regular mechanics out the window. The only concern is the increase in dps if our spells that have greater cast time than the gcd have their cast time reduced to the gcd. Having said that, fire mages are tops for this strat due to their crazy nukes.

15+ Year Old Account
    Arcane mage would be good too, esp with a full mana pool

R.I.P. YARG

Quote Originally Posted by Xenocastra View Post
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...5&e=2977#Dawtz

Is this a bug, check spells cast, 34k dps and 44% dmg from soulfire.

I am very confused here, anyone got an explanation?

Corruption: Absolute count: 1 uptime: 175.8 51.3 %
    You can try to fit me in a box, only to see me burst out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by gherkin View Post
    Arcane mage would be good too, esp with a full mana pool
    Def at high enough gear levels allowing for a large enough mana pool. If the current gear scaling for arcane is allowed, pretty soon all end game mages might switch over to arcane on less movement/single target bosses.

Question: Is this doable with two players in 10 man? I'm curious also as to how the Corruption: Malformation mechanic works as well, in particular how long does it last? If it lasts indefinitely then I suppose we would have to keep the player with it far away from the raid (assuming it has a range requirement, otherwise someone is going to have to eat the shadow bolts).

Also, do you still worship while at 100% corruption?

Any strats on this will be most welcome.