Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by scandore8472 View Post
    Wouldn't help with bubble spamming for AoE healing though. It still only leaves us with PW:S and PoH for AoE healing.

I'm all for either reworking DA or add another new shield spell that's much weaker and cheaper than PW:S but shares the weakened soul debuff. At least that would require some decision making as to which shield we should cast and when. That's the whole reason why they don't like PW:S spam anyways right? At one point, they said they wanted to give disc a strong tank shield, and a weak shield, but came out with PW:B instead.
    Well, it would add that PoM bounces and Divine Hymn would DA on every heal. Not that I use it as disc, but Renew ticks stacking DA would be interesting.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by scandore8472 View Post
    No, because you shouldn't re-shield until your current shield falls off, regardless if weakened soul has fallen off or not.
    Scandore I think Fung was referring to the Rapture talent that means we get mana when the shield is completely absorbed through damage - this is now far less likely to proc (how many shields are now going to be down to 1-2k dmg left and will just expire!!?? grrrrr) which is certainly why I regard this change as a mana hit too.

---------- Post added 2011-02-25 at 01:50 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Afflictid View Post
    Well, it would add that PoM bounces and Divine Hymn would DA on every heal. Not that I use it as disc, but Renew ticks stacking DA would be interesting.
    yes it would and a very good suggestion. Right now to me the DA buff is irrelevant - my 346 geared discys DAs absorb about 3k dmg. DKs fart more damage than that

Deleted
    Spoke to GM today, notes are datamined and far from actual release.

Dont worry so much

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by akuaku View Post

Dont worry so much
    The notes are not datamined they are included in a blue post on this site and in an official post on the US Blizzard website, this is very real - although admittedly a long way from release still

Quote Originally Posted by akuaku View Post

Dont worry so much
    Not when whats being read is out of Blizz's blog on 4.1. I'll worry anyway. Thank you. And frankly the change to PW:S affects more priests than just disc. It hits disc hard because of the spec design.

I'm tired of Blizz slamming data that is mined and telling people to not worry when it turns out that *gasp* the mined data was accurate. I think Blizz does that just to avoid the outrage. I seem to remember a couple of other changes to classes that Blizz poo pooed as a mining error that then got snuck in on the patch as accurate. They need to quit patting us on the head and chucking us under the chin and telling us to quit worrying. I'm tired of them making it "interesting". It's getting so "interesting" that it's no fun. And so far I've not seen anything promised in this "dont worry" patch that is going to improve the fun instead of increasing the "interesting."

So we go from 'we're buffing the strength of disc shields dramatically' to 'we're increasing the mana cost substancially but providing compensation for hpriests' to 'we're removing that hpriest compensation' to 'we're halving the duration of the shield for all specs'.

Why don't they just roll it all back to the weak shields we had at release? It sure beats the dart board technique that is affecting all specs in PVE and PVP in order to fix the one problem of disc shield spamming.

They really need to change what Mastery does for Disc priests. Currently, it is not very good at all because it only affects one main spell - a spell which we are not supposed to cast very much.

Deleted
    pve-nerf the pvp moar ...................

Deleted
    If you need your shields to persist longer than 15 seconds, you're doing it wrong!

If your shield doesn't get used up in the first 15 seconds, I would be of the opinion that it's a waste of a shield and if it gets used in the subsequent 15 seconds it's really more by luck than judgement that it's happened. Sure, Disc is far and away most useful in a tank healing role, but I wouldn't say it's a totally useless raid healer either. Smarter shielding is required, less of this fire and forget mentality, that's what PoM's for... except it helps to keep track of it to get your mana's worth... >_>

Deleted
    One thing that nobody else seems to have pointed out yet: this change effectively disables rapture procs for levelling / soloing.

It's just about doable now without swapping specs for solo, but disc will be highly mana starved with the shield absorb buffs, the mana increase and the duration nerf all added together